The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: THE CURE - RM votes for Plainsong!
PostPosted: Tue March 06, 2018 2:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu February 02, 2017 10:39 am
Posts: 2138
Location: Most likely at the office...
Thanks Spenno! I got to finalise my Cure Megamix which was an added bonus.

_________________
Free boops today.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: THE CURE - RM votes for Plainsong!
PostPosted: Tue March 06, 2018 2:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 10353
Achilles wins!!!!!

Image

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: THE CURE - RM votes! (Header Post)
PostPosted: Tue March 06, 2018 2:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 5002
Birds in Hell wrote:
It's an all-Disintegration final four, folks!

(I am mildly disappointed in you all.)


I was 16, so maybe that year is just a natural marker for most people, but Disintegration is the defining album of my lifetime.

I still measure time against its release in my mind.

I was a big fan of both The Head on the Door and Kiss Me, but, man, Disintegration just fucking leveled me.

No album can touch the impact it had on my life.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: THE CURE - RM votes! (Header Post)
PostPosted: Tue March 06, 2018 3:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 6816
Location: unnamed mental hospital
run2death wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
It's an all-Disintegration final four, folks!

(I am mildly disappointed in you all.)


I was 16, so maybe that year is just a natural marker for most people, but Disintegration is the defining album of my lifetime.

I still measure time against its release in my mind.

I was a big fan of both The Head on the Door and Kiss Me, but, man, Disintegration just fucking leveled me.

No album can touch the impact it had on my life.

so where the hell have you been????

_________________
Strat wrote:
Alas, we are RM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: THE CURE - RM votes for Plainsong!
PostPosted: Tue March 06, 2018 3:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 6816
Location: unnamed mental hospital
spenno rules!

_________________
Strat wrote:
Alas, we are RM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: THE CURE - RM votes! (Header Post)
PostPosted: Tue March 06, 2018 3:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 5002
evenslow wrote:
run2death wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
It's an all-Disintegration final four, folks!

(I am mildly disappointed in you all.)


I was 16, so maybe that year is just a natural marker for most people, but Disintegration is the defining album of my lifetime.

I still measure time against its release in my mind.

I was a big fan of both The Head on the Door and Kiss Me, but, man, Disintegration just fucking leveled me.

No album can touch the impact it had on my life.

so where the hell have you been????


I voted, but didn't comment much.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: THE CURE - RM votes! (Header Post)
PostPosted: Tue March 06, 2018 3:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 6816
Location: unnamed mental hospital
run2death wrote:
evenslow wrote:
run2death wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
It's an all-Disintegration final four, folks!

(I am mildly disappointed in you all.)


I was 16, so maybe that year is just a natural marker for most people, but Disintegration is the defining album of my lifetime.

I still measure time against its release in my mind.

I was a big fan of both The Head on the Door and Kiss Me, but, man, Disintegration just fucking leveled me.

No album can touch the impact it had on my life.

so where the hell have you been????


I voted, but didn't comment much.

this is a problem and a fundamental misreading of how to use a message board. the people that have had their life changed by an album and TELL TIME BY ITS RELEASE SHOULD BE COMMENTING PROFUSELY DURING THE TOURNAMENT WE WANT TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS!!!

_________________
Strat wrote:
Alas, we are RM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: THE CURE - RM votes for Plainsong!
PostPosted: Tue March 06, 2018 3:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 5002
Sorry.

I was busy working and running and doing family shit. In that order.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: THE CURE - RM votes for Plainsong!
PostPosted: Tue March 06, 2018 3:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 6816
Location: unnamed mental hospital
It's okay you'll get 'em during the next Cure tournament.

_________________
Strat wrote:
Alas, we are RM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: THE CURE - RM votes for Plainsong!
PostPosted: Tue March 06, 2018 5:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 6572
Location: Oslo, Norway
Thank you again. Great winner.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: THE CURE - RM votes for Plainsong!
PostPosted: Tue March 06, 2018 9:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 26, 2013 12:34 am
Posts: 4677
Location: Chile
I enjoyed this tournament a lot, definitely helped me dig deeper into the albums, thanks for running.

Amazing winner too.

_________________
mikejasond wrote:
Beautiful T_T


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: THE CURE - RM votes for Plainsong!
PostPosted: Thu April 19, 2018 4:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 ICQ  Profile

Joined: Mon February 19, 2018 2:53 am
Posts: 1961
Can someone recommend me an album to listen to? I have no experience with The Cure, but am intrigued. My favorite type of "80's music" is that dark, unsettling stuff. Like, the whole Donnie Darko vibe built into a song or an album. Which The Cure album should I listen to on my lunch break walk today?

_________________
Quote:
Bump for Diane Muffjat


Quote:
Interested in cultivating a relationship with me in my secret lair? Just ask!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: THE CURE - RM votes for Plainsong!
PostPosted: Thu April 19, 2018 4:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 33482
Location: Buenos Aires
Balki wrote:
Can someone recommend me an album to listen to? I have no experience with The Cure, but am intrigued. My favorite type of "80's music" is that dark, unsettling stuff. Like, the whole Donnie Darko vibe built into a song or an album. Which The Cure album should I listen to on my lunch break walk today?

Probably Pornography if you're looking for dark and unsettling


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: THE CURE - RM votes for Plainsong!
PostPosted: Thu April 19, 2018 4:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 ICQ  Profile

Joined: Mon February 19, 2018 2:53 am
Posts: 1961
theplatypus wrote:
Balki wrote:
Can someone recommend me an album to listen to? I have no experience with The Cure, but am intrigued. My favorite type of "80's music" is that dark, unsettling stuff. Like, the whole Donnie Darko vibe built into a song or an album. Which The Cure album should I listen to on my lunch break walk today?

Probably Pornography if you're looking for dark and unsettling


Thanks, friend

_________________
Quote:
Bump for Diane Muffjat


Quote:
Interested in cultivating a relationship with me in my secret lair? Just ask!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: THE CURE - RM votes for Plainsong!
PostPosted: Thu April 19, 2018 4:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 33482
Location: Buenos Aires
Stay away from me


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: THE CURE - RM votes for Plainsong!
PostPosted: Thu April 19, 2018 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 ICQ  Profile

Joined: Mon February 19, 2018 2:53 am
Posts: 1961
theplatypus wrote:
Stay away from me


You're the one who came to me, friend

_________________
Quote:
Bump for Diane Muffjat


Quote:
Interested in cultivating a relationship with me in my secret lair? Just ask!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: THE CURE - RM votes for Plainsong!
PostPosted: Thu April 19, 2018 6:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 ICQ  Profile

Joined: Mon February 19, 2018 2:53 am
Posts: 1961
theplatypus wrote:
Balki wrote:
Can someone recommend me an album to listen to? I have no experience with The Cure, but am intrigued. My favorite type of "80's music" is that dark, unsettling stuff. Like, the whole Donnie Darko vibe built into a song or an album. Which The Cure album should I listen to on my lunch break walk today?

Probably Pornography if you're looking for dark and unsettling


Just finished it. I liked it for sure, but the...Beat...Beat....Beat...Beat...Drum Drum Drum....Beat...Beat...Beat...Beat...Drum Drum Drum repetition throughout the entire album made everything run together.
But again, i DID like it. I'm going to listen again on my way home in MY SUBARU

_________________
Quote:
Bump for Diane Muffjat


Quote:
Interested in cultivating a relationship with me in my secret lair? Just ask!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: THE CURE - RM votes for Plainsong!
PostPosted: Thu April 26, 2018 12:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:47 pm
Posts: 2006
Try Disintegration also.
Pornography is great, but not the best way to start with them.

_________________
It's not our house that we remember,
it’s a feeling outside it when everyone's gone but we leave all the lights on anyway.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: THE CURE - RM votes for Plainsong!
PostPosted: Thu April 26, 2018 12:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 10353
hooray Achilles!

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: THE CURE - RM votes for Plainsong!
PostPosted: Sat April 28, 2018 6:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:47 pm
Posts: 2006
Balki wrote:
Can someone recommend me an album to listen to? I have no experience with The Cure, but am intrigued. My favorite type of "80's music" is that dark, unsettling stuff. Like, the whole Donnie Darko vibe built into a song or an album. Which The Cure album should I listen to on my lunch break walk today?



_________________
It's not our house that we remember,
it’s a feeling outside it when everyone's gone but we leave all the lights on anyway.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun December 16, 2018 9:16 am