The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 751 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 38  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What mega tournament would you like to see next?
PostPosted: Fri December 08, 2017 4:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36574
Location: Mountains
Team Birds. Lets do it. Lets get off this shitty grunge and butt rock movement.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What mega tournament would you like to see next?
PostPosted: Fri December 08, 2017 4:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 52392
The cure would be fantastic

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What mega tournament would you like to see next?
PostPosted: Fri December 08, 2017 4:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67565
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Birds in Hell wrote:
Well, this is promising!

I’d be happy to help with the administration of such a thing, should it happen.

I only know two Cure songs. But sure, I'm in.


Last edited by durdencommatyler on Fri December 08, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What mega tournament would you like to see next?
PostPosted: Fri December 08, 2017 6:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu February 02, 2017 10:39 am
Posts: 2138
Location: Most likely at the office...
I'm down with The Cure.

_________________
Free boops today.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What mega tournament would you like to see next?
PostPosted: Fri December 08, 2017 6:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 33482
Location: Buenos Aires
Oh hell yeah, that's a great idea


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What mega tournament would you like to see next?
PostPosted: Fri December 08, 2017 1:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 9280
Whitesnake?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What mega tournament would you like to see next?
PostPosted: Fri December 08, 2017 10:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 11903
durdencommatyler wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Well, this is promising!

I’d be happy to help with the administration of such a thing, should it happen.

I only know two Cure songs. But sure, I'm in.

I think that's one of the best things about these tournaments, much more interesting than the Pearl Jam tournaments where we all know the songs and it gets kind of stale and repetitive.

So, are you guys happy for me to put something together for this?

(If you can't tell, I'm pretty excited.)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What mega tournament would you like to see next?
PostPosted: Sat December 09, 2017 1:05 am 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 6816
Location: unnamed mental hospital
Birds in Hell wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Well, this is promising!

I’d be happy to help with the administration of such a thing, should it happen.

I only know two Cure songs. But sure, I'm in.

I think that's one of the best things about these tournaments, much more interesting than the Pearl Jam tournaments where we all know the songs and it gets kind of stale and repetitive.

So, are you guys happy for me to put something together for this?

(If you can't tell, I'm pretty excited.)

DO IT

:bammer: :bammer: :bammer:

_________________
Strat wrote:
Alas, we are RM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What mega tournament would you like to see next?
PostPosted: Sat December 09, 2017 2:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 11903
Most excellent!

Are you all tournament-ed out and would prefer to wait til early next year to kick this off - or are you happy to go ahead sooner?

With such a big catalogue, I'd also suggest we need to put some limits on the scope of this thing, I'm thinking only album tracks and standalone singles (eg. Never Enough, Wrong Number, Charlotte Sometimes, etc.) That said, I'm not sure about the board's appetite for wading through the last few records, so I'd be open to only including only album tracks and singles from the band's "classic" period (though arguable where the cut-off point for that is).


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What mega tournament would you like to see next?
PostPosted: Sat December 09, 2017 3:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36574
Location: Mountains
Birds in Hell wrote:
Most excellent!

Are you all tournament-ed out and would prefer to wait til early next year to kick this off - or are you happy to go ahead sooner?

With such a big catalogue, I'd also suggest we need to put some limits on the scope of this thing, I'm thinking only album tracks and standalone singles (eg. Never Enough, Wrong Number, Charlotte Sometimes, etc.) That said, I'm not sure about the board's appetite for wading through the last few records, so I'd be open to only including only album tracks and singles from the band's "classic" period (though arguable where the cut-off point for that is).

All official releases i think is good.

Also, i vote we wait till the new year.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What mega tournament would you like to see next?
PostPosted: Sat December 09, 2017 4:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 6816
Location: unnamed mental hospital
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Most excellent!

Are you all tournament-ed out and would prefer to wait til early next year to kick this off - or are you happy to go ahead sooner?

With such a big catalogue, I'd also suggest we need to put some limits on the scope of this thing, I'm thinking only album tracks and standalone singles (eg. Never Enough, Wrong Number, Charlotte Sometimes, etc.) That said, I'm not sure about the board's appetite for wading through the last few records, so I'd be open to only including only album tracks and singles from the band's "classic" period (though arguable where the cut-off point for that is).

All official releases i think is good.

Also, i vote we wait till the new year.

I could go either way as far as what to include. Maybe using only the classic period brings in more voters and makes it more interesting? Not sure.

But yeah, we're probably going to have to do it after the new year b/c we're rapidly approaching xmas where some of us check out.

_________________
Strat wrote:
Alas, we are RM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What mega tournament would you like to see next?
PostPosted: Sat December 09, 2017 4:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 11903
All the official album tracks and singles works out to 162 songs, by my calculation. That's using the UK Three Imaginary Boys plus Killing an Arab, Jumping Someone Else's Train, Charlotte Sometimes, Never Enough, Wrong Number and Cut Here.

Including b-sides and compilation tracks would add tons more.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What mega tournament would you like to see next?
PostPosted: Sat December 09, 2017 5:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 6816
Location: unnamed mental hospital
Birds in Hell wrote:
All the official album tracks and singles works out to 162 songs, by my calculation. That's using the UK Three Imaginary Boys plus Killing an Arab, Jumping Someone Else's Train, Charlotte Sometimes, Never Enough, Wrong Number and Cut Here.

Including b-sides and compilation tracks would add tons more.

so i have no clue in comparison to previous tournaments - is that shitload of songs or about right?

_________________
Strat wrote:
Alas, we are RM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What mega tournament would you like to see next?
PostPosted: Sat December 09, 2017 9:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 9280
W.A.S.P.?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What mega tournament would you like to see next?
PostPosted: Sat December 09, 2017 10:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 52392
bada wrote:
W.A.S.P.?

Accept or gtfo

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What mega tournament would you like to see next?
PostPosted: Sat December 09, 2017 10:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67565
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Why are we fighting the thing we all so obviously and naturally want... ?

Which is an Alanis Morissette tournament!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What mega tournament would you like to see next?
PostPosted: Sat December 09, 2017 10:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Thread Killer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 3:57 am
Posts: 3534
durdencommatyler wrote:
Why are we fighting the thing we all so obviously and naturally want... ?

Which is an Alanis Morissette tournament!

you oughta know


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What mega tournament would you like to see next?
PostPosted: Sat December 09, 2017 11:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 14025
Location: Where everybody knows your name
durdencommatyler wrote:
Why are we fighting the thing we all so obviously and naturally want... ?

Which is an Alanis Morissette tournament!

Does Coulier get to vote?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What mega tournament would you like to see next?
PostPosted: Sat December 09, 2017 11:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67565
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Why are we fighting the thing we all so obviously and naturally want... ?

Which is an Alanis Morissette tournament!

Does Coulier get to vote?

Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What mega tournament would you like to see next?
PostPosted: Sun December 10, 2017 12:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36574
Location: Mountains
Also Ill vote for Neil.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 751 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 38  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun December 16, 2018 8:28 am