Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Daft Punk l Random Access Memories l 21 May

Thu May 16, 2013 4:07 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:I just read that Paul Williams used to write songs for the Muppets. I can totally hear that now:)

yeah, its like one of the muppets is a special guest on this album. I like to think that.

Thu May 16, 2013 5:42 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:I just read that Paul Williams used to write songs for the Muppets. I can totally hear that now:)

Check it out. Really great film.

Thu May 16, 2013 7:43 pm

Thanks fella. I'll watch it later.

I'm gonna buy a daft punk robot helmet:)
http://www.thedaftclub.com/features/daft-punk-helmets/

Thu May 16, 2013 8:04 pm

You should totally get a Guy-Man one.

Thu May 16, 2013 11:18 pm

Dunno which is which. Sorry. I'm gonna get both. I'm 5'10 my boyfriend is 6'2. I want the silver helmet but I guess I'm getting the gold one.

Fri May 17, 2013 2:32 pm

A good day. Won a copy of the record on the radio and also won this. Sposedly a limited edition print. Happy days:)

Fri May 17, 2013 3:16 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:A good day. Won a copy of the record on the radio and also won this. Sposedly a limited edition print. Happy days:)

Nice!!! Congrats! even if i dont like the artwork...its a really cool thing.

Fri May 17, 2013 4:21 pm

I very seriously want a helmet. Two in fact.

My pals sister works at elstree and can make me a robot voice converter apparently. That's be fucking awesome.

Fri May 17, 2013 4:25 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:I very seriously want a helmet. Two in fact.

My pals sister works at elstree and can make me a robot voice converter apparently. That's be fucking awesome.

You would be the coolest guy in town...

Fri May 17, 2013 4:28 pm

I've no illusions about how deluded I am. I own three lord of the rings swords for chrissakes.
But they would be cool to have:)

Fri May 17, 2013 6:06 pm

Yeah, the gold helmet belongs to Guy-Manuel. That'd be awesome to own.

Fri May 17, 2013 9:03 pm

Fuck. There's a ton of DIY videos about how to make your own helmet. I'm good. I not that fuckin good by no stretch of the imagination.

Sat May 18, 2013 12:32 am

Lose yourself to dance. I dare anyone not to love the shit out of this song.

Sat May 18, 2013 12:38 am

It gets better and better. There was a UFO sighting at the release party the band held in Weewaa l, Australia
http://www.phantom.ie/page/190.195/2554 ... Waa_launch

When all this hullabaloo about Random Access Memories finally dies down, the thing we'll miss most about it are the dispatches from rural Wee Waa in Australia.

The New South Wales town with a population just south of 2000 was this morning the site for the launch of Daft Punk's latest album. The listening party took place during Wee Waa's Annual Show.

According to Consequences of Sound, there was a massive disco ball, an LED floor that displayed the Random Access Memories logo and a thumping soundsystem.

While Daft Punk themselves may not have been there, there was an extra terestrial sighting, with the Herald Sun reporting "a mysterious UFO which flew above the showgrounds". Judging by the un-boxing video from earlier this week, it could well have been the boyos themselves.

In the run-up to this morning's launch, Wee Waa residents produced a series of videos expressing their excitement that charmed the pantaloons off the lot of us.

The audio on this video is horrible, but it should give you just a taster of how large the night was:

The lucky attendees even got themselves a special edition of Random Access Memories. One of those fortunate gits is Kathy McCabe.

Godspeed, Wee Waa. It's been real.

Sat May 18, 2013 2:41 am

Eh..

Sat May 18, 2013 4:50 pm

Listening to their live album. It's fucking kick ass

Sat May 18, 2013 7:55 pm

Alive 2007 is my most listened to of their entire discog. 1997 is really good, too.

Sat May 18, 2013 8:15 pm

It seems to me that this is pretty much the same album as Discovery.

Sun May 19, 2013 3:50 am

NancyBabich wrote:It seems to me that this is pretty much the same album as Discovery.

man, it's so different

Sun May 19, 2013 11:08 am

I'd say its totally different too but a few of the quieter songs do echo some of the quieter ones from earlier records.
Post a reply