Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Re: Daft Punk l Random Access Memories l 21 May

Tue May 09, 2017 10:14 am

RAM is such a great record. Kinda feels like a space opera. Always felt it had a theme running through it. Been too long since I listened to it.

Tue May 09, 2017 5:04 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:Oh, and Steam Machine is one of the baddest motherfuckin' songs on the planet.

That's honestly one of my least favorites. Song is awesome, but I always feel self conscious about the vocals in the beginning. They sound so lascivious.

This sounds like a personal problem

While I am comfortable with my baser desires, I'm not entirely comfortable with playing this song loudly in public.

*whispers STEEEAAAMMM MMMAAACHIIINE*

Tue May 09, 2017 5:08 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:Oh, and Steam Machine is one of the baddest motherfuckin' songs on the planet.

That's honestly one of my least favorites. Song is awesome, but I always feel self conscious about the vocals in the beginning. They sound so lascivious.

While I am comfortable with my baser desires, I'm not entirely comfortable with playing this song loudly in public.

*gets a semi-erection, grabs a throw pillow to cover my shame*

Tue May 09, 2017 5:32 pm

lol. Trag, what do you think about Brainwasher? I'm just trying to get a feel for your Daft Punk style. I'm more in favor of the beat/bass heavy stuff, but still like most everything.

*edit -- I reread your post and see you don't like Steam Machine for the whispering, not because of the music.

Tue May 09, 2017 5:46 pm

I love Brainwasher. As for overall Daft Punk vibe, it depends on my mood. Discovery is better for morning/daytime listening, because it goes down smoother. I tend to reach for Human After All if it's evening and I've been drinking; and for RAM if it's a mellow evening and I've been smoking (RAM is also my favorite one for headphone listening).

Tue May 09, 2017 5:54 pm

Sat May 13, 2017 3:32 am

tragabigzanda wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

*gets a semi-erection, grabs a throw pillow to cover my shame*

Trag, this song came on tonight on my way home and I thought of this post of yours and laughed

Wed August 09, 2017 5:23 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:lol. Trag, what do you think about Brainwasher? I'm just trying to get a feel for your Daft Punk style. I'm more in favor of the beat/bass heavy stuff, but still like most everything.

*edit -- I reread your post and see you don't like Steam Machine for the whispering, not because of the music.

This song came on in my kitchen today, and I've got a teenage employee next to me making waffle cones. It just felt so wrong, I had to skip it immediately. Make Love, on the other hand, felt just right.

Wed August 09, 2017 5:26 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:lol. Trag, what do you think about Brainwasher? I'm just trying to get a feel for your Daft Punk style. I'm more in favor of the beat/bass heavy stuff, but still like most everything.

This song came on in my kitchen today, and I've got a teenage employee next to me making waffle cones. It just felt so wrong, I had to skip it immediately. Make Love, on the other hand, felt just right.

wait, Brainwasher felt wrong next to a teenager, but Make Love felt right?

Spoiler: show

Wed August 09, 2017 5:30 pm

Ice cream is sexy, decadent, and makes you feel like a kid...

Wed August 09, 2017 5:56 pm

Justin gets it.

Fri November 01, 2019 3:44 am

Been listening to RAM this week. I think Touch is dead weight but it’s otherwise a perfect album. So much emotion for something that’s so slick.

Favorite tracks are Giorgio, Lose Yourself to Dance, Morherboard, and Doin’ It Right

Fri November 01, 2019 3:55 am

Its time for a New album

Fri November 01, 2019 4:02 am

Agreed, but where do they go next? Each album has sort of had its own sound.

Fri November 01, 2019 12:55 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:Agreed, but where do they go next? Each album has sort of had its own sound.

I think they could explore the steam machine style a little more and do a whole album of "songs that creep out trag"

Fri November 01, 2019 1:48 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:Agreed, but where do they go next? Each album has sort of had its own sound.

I think they could explore the steam machine style a little more and do a whole album of "songs that creep out trag"

Please god no

Sat November 02, 2019 4:09 pm

French country

Sat November 02, 2019 4:38 pm

psychobain wrote:

French country

I’d be on board

Mon February 10, 2020 9:19 pm

New one coming???

https://edm.com/news/daft-punk-2020-album-documents

Mon February 10, 2020 9:24 pm

Based on the inclusion of DJ Sneak and Junior Sanchez, I'd guess they're headed back to the deep house/club well of Discovery, which would be fine with me.
Post a reply