Switch to full style
Other than Pearl Jam, who else is there?
Post a reply

Rage Against The Machine

Sat March 23, 2013 3:30 am

Fuck they were good...Morello was something new back than, and the rhythm section is awesome.

I miss Timmy C.

Re: Rage Against The Machine

Sat March 23, 2013 11:47 am

I always had a hard time listening to a RATM album from start to finish but the high spots on their records were great.

Wake up, Ashes in the Fall, and Sleep Now in the Fire were probably my favorites

Sat March 23, 2013 12:11 pm

Bombtrack & Killing in the Name have been ruined for me. I don't know if I just heard them too much or if they just sound dated. But everything after that on the first album can still blow me away on any day. Bullet in the Head -> Know Your Enemy -> Wake Up. Wow!

Sat March 23, 2013 3:07 pm

Eh, Battle of L.A is still my favorite of theirs. "Calm like a bomb" was all kinds of ridiculous live. I just wish they played "Ashes in the Fall".

Sat March 23, 2013 3:47 pm

I really used to love the album of covers they put out.

Sat March 23, 2013 3:55 pm

Renegades. It has its moments.

Sat March 23, 2013 4:28 pm

Evil Empire is another great album...they really brought some new ideas to the table at the time, the relation between Funk, Hip Hop and somehow what Morello did ( the DJ sound ) got everyone attention.
What is surprising is the notion they didnt have anything more to offer than that; they did 3 records of the same thing and even with Audioslave it was very difficult for them to make a different kind of music.

Still Tim Commerford, what a beast.

Sat March 23, 2013 5:11 pm

Turn on the radio, nah fuck it, turn it off.

Sat March 23, 2013 5:13 pm

But guys, you've really gotta hear that Gangland Style song. Its just bonkers!

Sat March 23, 2013 6:11 pm

Lights out! Guerilla radio. Turn that shit up.
Last edited by epilogue on Sat March 23, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat March 23, 2013 6:12 pm

stip wrote:I always had a hard time listening to a RATM album from start to finish but the high spots on their records were great.

Same for me. Much more of a "singles" band than an "album" band, for me.

Sat March 23, 2013 7:42 pm

renegades of funk was an awesome cover. And the version of Maggie's Farm they had on that album.

Sat March 23, 2013 8:21 pm

and live they are awesome...even if you dont know the lyrics and dont care for them you would just rant about everything Zack is saying.

Sun March 24, 2013 2:07 am

I played Vietnow at the bar today while playing darts.

Sun March 24, 2013 5:03 am

Really wish these guys who do SOMETHING. ah well. something to be said for going out on top.

Sun April 14, 2013 6:25 am

Regarding "Bulls on Parade", what is so menacing or otherwise offputting about, "rally(ing) 'round the family with a pocket full of shells"?

Sun April 14, 2013 3:09 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:Really wish these guys who do SOMETHING. ah well. something to be said for going out on top.

They went out like Guns N Roses - explosive debut followed by 2 more incredible albums that pave the way for all-time greatness.... and then a sub-par album of covers and it's over. Boo.

Sun April 14, 2013 4:11 pm

I liked them but never dug deeper than the singles. Never bought an album and Im not sure if I even have anything on my hdd. They were interesting though. Wasnt 1996 was their biggest year? or was it 1997? besides PJ my tastes were heavily influenced by skateboard culture.

Also IMO Morellos most interesting work was w/ audioslave but again to be fair my experience w/ rage is narrow.

Sun April 14, 2013 4:18 pm

TheDapperGent wrote:I liked them but never dug deeper than the singles. Never bought an album and Im not sure if I even have anything on my hdd. They were interesting though. Wasnt 1996 was their biggest year? or was it 1997? besides PJ my tastes were heavily influenced by skateboard culture.

Also IMO Morellos most interesting work was w/ audioslave but again to be fair my experience w/ rage is narrow.

They reach their powers too soon i guess...because musically most of the records sound the same, but they were awesome.

Morello is such a weird player...in audioslave`s first record he does some new things too, but after that he kept repeating the rage formula and it got old...Cornell said that they needed a big change like Badmotorfinger/Superunknown but he wasnt sure they have it in them and i sort of agree with that.

Fri October 31, 2014 2:35 pm

Post a reply