The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
PostPosted: Sun January 29, 2017 7:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 11372
The show I saw last night was OK, though I found it less satisfying than the previous occasions I've seen Cave.

It is quite odd the extent to which the Bad Seeds feel like the Nick and Warren show currently, though I know it makes a degree of sense as Warren seems very much like Nick's creative and personal foil these days. I think the songs I most enjoyed where those where Warren didn't have such a prominent role to play (ie. all the older ones).

Glad I got to see the Bad Seeds on the Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!! tour when Mick Harvey was still hanging on, though I wish I'd seen them when Blixa was still on guitar.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
PostPosted: Sun January 29, 2017 10:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 13150
Im dying to see One More Time With Feeling. Dying.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
PostPosted: Sun January 29, 2017 10:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 33457
Location: this field intentionally left blank
Birds in Hell wrote:
The show I saw last night was OK, though I found it less satisfying than the previous occasions I've seen Cave.

It is quite odd the extent to which the Bad Seeds feel like the Nick and Warren show currently, though I know it makes a degree of sense as Warren seems very much like Nick's creative and personal foil these days. I think the songs I most enjoyed where those where Warren didn't have such a prominent role to play (ie. all the older ones).

Glad I got to see the Bad Seeds on the Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!! tour when Mick Harvey was still hanging on, though I wish I'd seen them when Blixa was still on guitar.

This is exactly why I didn't go to this tour.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
PostPosted: Mon January 30, 2017 12:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 13086
Location: Cumberland, RI
VinylGuy wrote:
Im dying to see One More Time With Feeling. Dying.


Coming to DVD March 3rd! Don't die yet!

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... se-w453497

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
A+


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
PostPosted: Mon January 30, 2017 2:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 13150
Simple Torture wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Im dying to see One More Time With Feeling. Dying.


Coming to DVD March 3rd! Don't die yet!

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... se-w453497


DYING.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
PostPosted: Mon January 30, 2017 8:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 18281
Location: Hunter
It's a shame that it wasn't quite your thing, Spenno. I wonder if positioning in the venue may have played a part. I was on the floor and although I did watch the band, it was Cave's intense performance that was so utterly captivating. When I saw them in 97 it was definitely a Bad Seeds show where as this was a Nick Cave in front of the Bad Seeds.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
PostPosted: Mon January 30, 2017 9:56 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 11372
It was still a good show, don't get me wrong. It certainly had its moments.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
PostPosted: Mon January 30, 2017 10:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 18281
Location: Hunter
I realized it's twenty years since the last best of so I thought I'd compile something that could be Vol 2. Like Vol 1 I tried to get the singles in. I would have liked to get either an edited Babe I'm On Fire or Dead Man in My Bed in there but I think time is up for a disc. There are a few transitions that are killer.

The Lyre Of Orpheus
Dig, Lazarus Dig!!
Fifteen Feet Of Pure White Snow
Higgs Boson Blues
Midnight Man
Get Ready For Love
Love Letter
Bring It On
Jubilee Street
As I Sat Sadly By Her Side
Today's Lesson
Nature Boy
Breathless
I Need You
Push Away The Sky
Skeleton Tree


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
PostPosted: Mon January 30, 2017 9:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 11372
Looks pretty good, LMS.

I fell into a Bad Seeds videohole yesterday and I'm just going to leave these here:





Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
PostPosted: Sat February 04, 2017 12:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu February 02, 2017 10:39 am
Posts: 1533
Location: Most likely at the office...
Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds Live at KCRW is one of my favourite listens.

The take on Mercy Seat in particular is a treat to these ears.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
PostPosted: Mon March 06, 2017 8:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 11372
Lovely Creatures: The Best of Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, out 5 May.

2CD Edition:

Quote:
Image

CD1

Loverman
Tupelo
Deanna
From Her To Eternity
The Weeping Song
Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!
People Ain’t No Good
Higgs Boson Blues
Straight To You
Where The Wild Roses Grow

CD2

Into My Arms
Love Letter
Red Right Hand
The Mercy Seat
O Children
The Ship Song
Stranger Than Kindness
Jubilee Street
Nature Boy
We No Who U R
Stagger Lee


3CD/1DVD Deluxe Edition:

Quote:
Image

CD1: 1984 -1993

From Her To Eternity
In The Ghetto
Tupelo
I’m Gonna Kill That Woman
The Carny
Sad Waters
Stranger Than Kindness
Scum
The Mercy Seat
Deanna
Up Jumped The Devil
The Weeping Song
The Ship Song
Papa Won’t Leave You, Henry
Straight To You

CD2: 1994 – 2003

Do You Love Me?
Nobody’s Baby Now
Loverman
Red Right Hand
Stagger Lee
Where The Wild Roses Grow
Into My Arms
People Ain’t No Good
Brompton Oratory
(Are You) The One That I’ve Been Waiting For?
Come Into My Sleep
Love Letter
God Is In The House
He Wants You
Shoot Me Down

CD3: 2004 – 2013

Hiding All Away
There She Goes, My Beautiful World
Nature Boy
Breathless
Babe, You Turn Me On
O Children
Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!
Night Of The Lotus Eaters
We Call Upon The Author
Jesus Of The Moon
More News From Nowhere
We No Who U R
Jubilee Street
Higgs Boson Blues
Push The Sky Away

DVD:

Interview, 1988
Night Of The Lotus Eaters, 2008
Red Right Hand, 1998
The Weeping Song, 2001
Interview, 2013
Higgs Boson Blues, 2012
Interview, 1987
From Her To Eternity, 1984
Love Letter, 2001
Interview, 2013
Do You Love Me?, 2001
Interview, 2001
Into My Arms, 2008
We Call Upon The Author, 2009
Interview, 1991
The Mercy Seat, 1996
Interview, 1984
God Is In The House, 2001
Interview, 2013
Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!, 2008
Brompton Oratory, 1997
I’m Gonna Kill That Woman, 1986
Jubilee Street, 2013
The Ship Song, 1992
Interview, 1994
Loverman, 1996
Interview, 1988
In The Ghetto, 1984
Hiding All Away, 2004
Interview, 1992
Where The Wild Roses Grow, 1995
Deanna, 2008
O Children, 2013
Interview, 1996
Stagger Lee, 1996
Interview, 2014
Interview, 1985
Push The Sky Away, 2013
There She Goes, My Beautiful World, 2004


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
PostPosted: Wed March 08, 2017 1:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 13086
Location: Cumberland, RI
Birds in Hell wrote:
Lovely Creatures: The Best of Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, out 5 May.

2CD Edition:

Quote:
Image

CD1

Loverman
Tupelo
Deanna
From Her To Eternity
The Weeping Song
Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!
People Ain’t No Good
Higgs Boson Blues
Straight To You
Where The Wild Roses Grow

CD2

Into My Arms
Love Letter
Red Right Hand
The Mercy Seat
O Children
The Ship Song
Stranger Than Kindness
Jubilee Street
Nature Boy
We No Who U R
Stagger Lee


3CD/1DVD Deluxe Edition:

Quote:
Image

CD1: 1984 -1993

From Her To Eternity
In The Ghetto
Tupelo
I’m Gonna Kill That Woman
The Carny
Sad Waters
Stranger Than Kindness
Scum
The Mercy Seat
Deanna
Up Jumped The Devil
The Weeping Song
The Ship Song
Papa Won’t Leave You, Henry
Straight To You

CD2: 1994 – 2003

Do You Love Me?
Nobody’s Baby Now
Loverman
Red Right Hand
Stagger Lee
Where The Wild Roses Grow
Into My Arms
People Ain’t No Good
Brompton Oratory
(Are You) The One That I’ve Been Waiting For?
Come Into My Sleep
Love Letter
God Is In The House
He Wants You
Shoot Me Down

CD3: 2004 – 2013

Hiding All Away
There She Goes, My Beautiful World
Nature Boy
Breathless
Babe, You Turn Me On
O Children
Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!
Night Of The Lotus Eaters
We Call Upon The Author
Jesus Of The Moon
More News From Nowhere
We No Who U R
Jubilee Street
Higgs Boson Blues
Push The Sky Away

DVD:

Interview, 1988
Night Of The Lotus Eaters, 2008
Red Right Hand, 1998
The Weeping Song, 2001
Interview, 2013
Higgs Boson Blues, 2012
Interview, 1987
From Her To Eternity, 1984
Love Letter, 2001
Interview, 2013
Do You Love Me?, 2001
Interview, 2001
Into My Arms, 2008
We Call Upon The Author, 2009
Interview, 1991
The Mercy Seat, 1996
Interview, 1984
God Is In The House, 2001
Interview, 2013
Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!, 2008
Brompton Oratory, 1997
I’m Gonna Kill That Woman, 1986
Jubilee Street, 2013
The Ship Song, 1992
Interview, 1994
Loverman, 1996
Interview, 1988
In The Ghetto, 1984
Hiding All Away, 2004
Interview, 1992
Where The Wild Roses Grow, 1995
Deanna, 2008
O Children, 2013
Interview, 1996
Stagger Lee, 1996
Interview, 2014
Interview, 1985
Push The Sky Away, 2013
There She Goes, My Beautiful World, 2004

Bull Moose has an announcement coming this morning on this. If it's a vinyl/bluray pack, I'm interested.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
A+


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
PostPosted: Wed March 08, 2017 5:17 pm 
Offline
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:06 pm
Posts: 5603
I couldn't begin to reduce Nick Cave to a comp like that but I think I like the hither-and-yon feel of the 2CD edition better than the strictly chronological order of the 3CD. Not a bad looking playlist.

That DVD looks ripe for a HQ audio rip with some ridleybradout-style cover art.


Last edited by Kevin Davis on Wed March 08, 2017 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
PostPosted: Wed March 08, 2017 5:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 13150
I already have a best of so i dont need this one at all.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
PostPosted: Wed March 08, 2017 6:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 13086
Location: Cumberland, RI
The vinyl set is the 2-CD version, it looks like. Since I've got the entire studio album collection, I'll pass; would love to see a pressing of some of the live albums in the next few years.

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/24849400/nic ... 4-3-lp-set

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
A+


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
PostPosted: Wed March 08, 2017 9:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 11372
Kevin Davis wrote:
I couldn't begin to reduce Nick Cave to a comp like that but I think I like the hither-and-yon feel of the 2CD edition better than the strictly chronological order of the 3CD. Not a bad looking playlist.

That DVD looks ripe for a HQ audio rip with some ridleybradout-style cover art.

Yeah, I like the 2CD edition for the same reason, it's like a thoughtfully-chosen mixtape.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
PostPosted: Thu October 05, 2017 3:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 13150
His soundtrack to Wind River is beautiful and haunting. Almost like an instrumental companion to Skeleton Tree.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
PostPosted: Fri October 06, 2017 11:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu February 02, 2017 10:39 am
Posts: 1533
Location: Most likely at the office...
VinylGuy wrote:
His soundtrack to Wind River is beautiful and haunting. Almost like an instrumental companion to Skeleton Tree.

That's enough of a recommend for me! :comp:

Thanks.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
PostPosted: Sat April 14, 2018 12:56 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 13150
So they are finally coming to Argentina.

I guess after that, im out officially of live concerts. Or maybe life. Thats it.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue April 24, 2018 2:16 pm