The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 487 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Alice in Chains
PostPosted: Thu February 16, 2017 6:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 8442
Location: Alive in the Superunknown
Junkhead is their best tune behind Would?.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Alice in Chains
PostPosted: Thu February 16, 2017 7:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 09, 2013 4:38 am
Posts: 1952
mikejasond wrote:
Im so bad at listening to albums...I just hear the songs I know and then I hear nothing but mush for the rest of it.


Maybe you could try reading the lyrics along with the songs you're not real familiar with? Might help.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Alice in Chains
PostPosted: Thu February 16, 2017 7:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 7626
Facelift is criminally underrated around here.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Alice in Chains
PostPosted: Thu February 16, 2017 7:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 11768
i fuckin love Facelift...i just dont have the need to listen to it like lets say, Jar Of Flies or Self Titled..but it such a great debut.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Alice in Chains
PostPosted: Thu February 16, 2017 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 1855
Also I DESPISE Chris Cornell's voice so when he popped up on Right Away I was like O_O NO!

He sang "It's hard to believe somebody tricked you" which was exactly how I felt right then with sudden Chris Cornell on my AIC album


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Alice in Chains
PostPosted: Fri February 17, 2017 4:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 12:11 am
Posts: 1139
Location: The 216
Did any of you guys hear the new Jerry Cantrell solo track from John Wick 2?



Pretty much indistinguishable from new Alice in Chains, still awesome as fuck. Bring on Degradation Trip Vol. 5.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Alice in Chains
PostPosted: Fri February 17, 2017 6:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 11768
Fuck, that was good.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Alice in Chains
PostPosted: Fri February 17, 2017 4:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 1855
I finished listening to all the albums but I need a couple more times before I can digest it.

The last one was kind of cool, I didn't take in too much new but I really like Sludge Factory, Heaven Beside You, and Over Now. Of course I knew the two latter ones, and Sludge Factory I knew only because it was one of the only songs I DIDN'T know from their unplugged. So I already had a foothold, but those songs are really good. I'm not sure I know enough yet to decide a favorite, but Dirt certainly has the most memorable tracks...again biased since I knew like 6 of them going in. But Dirt and Dam that River and Rain When I Die stuck with me like a lot of the hits did. Sickman too though I didn't love it but I remember how it went.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Alice in Chains
PostPosted: Fri February 17, 2017 5:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 5106
mikejasond wrote:
I finished listening to all the albums but I need a couple more times before I can digest it.

The last one was kind of cool, I didn't take in too much new but I really like Sludge Factory, Heaven Beside You, and Over Now. Of course I knew the two latter ones, and Sludge Factory I knew only because it was one of the only songs I DIDN'T know from their unplugged. So I already had a foothold, but those songs are really good. I'm not sure I know enough yet to decide a favorite, but Dirt certainly has the most memorable tracks...again biased since I knew like 6 of them going in. But Dirt and Dam that River and Rain When I Die stuck with me like a lot of the hits did. Sickman too though I didn't love it but I remember how it went.


Dirt has Angry Chair too. That's the song that got me into them.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Alice in Chains
PostPosted: Fri February 17, 2017 6:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 1855
darth_vedder wrote:
mikejasond wrote:
I finished listening to all the albums but I need a couple more times before I can digest it.

The last one was kind of cool, I didn't take in too much new but I really like Sludge Factory, Heaven Beside You, and Over Now. Of course I knew the two latter ones, and Sludge Factory I knew only because it was one of the only songs I DIDN'T know from their unplugged. So I already had a foothold, but those songs are really good. I'm not sure I know enough yet to decide a favorite, but Dirt certainly has the most memorable tracks...again biased since I knew like 6 of them going in. But Dirt and Dam that River and Rain When I Die stuck with me like a lot of the hits did. Sickman too though I didn't love it but I remember how it went.


Dirt has Angry Chair too. That's the song that got me into them.


I was only mentioning the songs that stuck out on Dirt that I didn't already know


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Alice in Chains
PostPosted: Fri February 24, 2017 4:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 1855
The Unplugged performance of Sludge Factory is so good. The album version isn't as good but that song really stood out to me in Unplugged.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Alice in Chains
PostPosted: Fri February 24, 2017 6:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 8442
Location: Alive in the Superunknown
mikejasond wrote:
The Unplugged performance of Sludge Factory is so good. The album version isn't as good but that song really stood out to me in Unplugged.

Yes


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Alice in Chains
PostPosted: Sat February 25, 2017 8:10 pm 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 13, 2013 5:45 pm
Posts: 267
Shame in you :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Alice in Chains
PostPosted: Sun February 26, 2017 1:00 am 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 8:29 pm
Posts: 919
veddar10 wrote:
Shame in you :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:


One of the best outro's of the 90s :)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Alice in Chains
PostPosted: Wed March 08, 2017 1:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 3660
Revelator wrote:
veddar10 wrote:
Shame in you :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:


One of the best outro's of the 90s :)



agreed

http://ew.com/article/2015/08/04/alice- ... early-gig/

_________________
Chris_H_2 wrote:
...i really think i pissed myself.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Alice in Chains
PostPosted: Wed March 08, 2017 2:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 7626
Surprised they aren't jumping on the reissue train.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Alice in Chains
PostPosted: Wed March 08, 2017 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 11768
bada wrote:
Surprised they aren't jumping on the reissue train.


Yeah, i figure they will eventually. Im not sure if they have a lot of stuff left, but at least they can reissue the box they released a while ago.

I love that box.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Alice in Chains
PostPosted: Thu June 01, 2017 2:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 9:34 pm
Posts: 1453

Layne has reincarnated

_________________
bodysnatcher wrote:
Someone ban KurtLeon please


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Alice in Chains
PostPosted: Thu June 01, 2017 2:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 11768
Ive been into a huge phase of Black Gives Way To Blue and The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here.

Im loving the heaviness and gloomy sound...specially from the second one. Its just massive.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Alice in Chains
PostPosted: Thu June 01, 2017 8:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:20 pm
Posts: 182
Location: Earth
KurtLeon wrote:

Layne has reincarnated


Woah.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 487 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Other Bands


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue October 17, 2017 7:56 am