The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo

Post subject: RM Power Rankings: Week Ending March 24, 2024
PostPosted: Sun March 24, 2024 9:40 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

1. Tragabigzanda: It's an exciting time for Pearl Jam fans as the fandom is treated to two new songs in a short time. With new songs come new discussion, and with new discussion comes more incisive analysis from Tragabigzanda. Do you have an opinion about Dark Matter and Running? If so, your opinion has likely been tried and tested by this poster. Indeed, in this time, as in many others, this poster reigns as RM's premier musicologist, with well-thought-out assessments on songwriting, musicianship, and, last but not least, production technique. This poster has risen to the occasion and earned the top spot, outgunning even the most seasoned Pearl Jam experts, such as stip.

2. Jorge: In a time of General Discussion desolation, Jorge's "credible threat of violence" thread is a beacon of hope. It has mystery. It has accusations. It has lively discussion. Simply put, it has it all. And it has given a jolt to the sleepy landscape of General Discussion. Can this poster deliver a satisfying answer to the speculation this week? Only time will tell. The poster's mastery of thread creation could only come with experience, and the "violence" thread displays this understanding in abundance.

3. tree: Just as Dune is 2024's smash hit, the Dune thread is the Arts and Entertainment sub-forum's most animated single-item thread. Tree's critical assay of the Dune series is pushing this thread forward into exciting and unknown territory. Is Paul Atreides indeed a hero, or just a villain in hero's clothing? The unanswerable question has found its answer, but not without pulling an entire sub-forum into an exciting discussion.

4. stip: A time of more Pearl Jam is a time of more stip. In spite of tragabigzanda taking the top spot by similar methods, stip has continued doing what he does best: definitively ranking Pearl Jam's output. While we've only tasted two official new songs, there's no doubt that this seasoned veteran will guide discussion of Dark Matter. Where it leads remains to be seen. But if the past is any indication, stip's assessment will be etched into RM lore.

5. tommy: This poster, primarily associated with A&E and Other Bands, made a strong showing in General Discussion this week with the "How bad would it be if you shit your pants right now?" thread. The thread is just the right mix of puerile, relatable, and humorous to be a GD mainstay, embodying this poster's own traits. But tommy's real value comes from his voluminous, continued contributions to the A&E and OB sub-forums. It is hard to imagine those sub-forums without him.

6. VinylGuy: The difference between tommy and VinylGuy comes down to GD contributions. But in spite of this poster's lack of a strong GD showing this week, VinylGuy continues to be a critical part of the engine that powers A&E and OB. Without this poster, countless threads would drop down the pages of the sub-forums, only to be in need of bumping. By watching and listening to so much material, and subsequently enlightening the Red Mosquito community with his findings, the A&E and OB sub-forums continue to thrive.

7. E. H. Ruddock: This poster has been busy. Between making his usual solid contributions across a variety of sub-forums, he's been doing plenty of non-moderating moderating. Between fielding abuse requests and coordinating the merging of threads, this poster has been active. RM would not be what it is without E.H. Ruddock's keen eye and steady hand. Peace and harmony comes at a price, but this poster is willing to do what it it takes on the battlefield to achieve it.

8. spike: This veteran jack-of-all-trades poster continues doing what an adept poster does: making small, but meaningful, contributions across a variety of sub-forums. New Pearl Jam song? spike's got a post for that. Big news in News & Debate? spike's got a take on that. New release in OB? spike's listened and has something to say. Not to mention the steady and humorous GD contributions. This poster is the embodiment of RM's idiosyncrasies, but with just the right measure of old school "real talk".

9. 96583UP: This poster casts such a long shadow in GD that no poster can escape it. The tone, style, and content of the sub-forum have belonged to this poster for so long that one can hardly imagine a GD without them. Couple this performance with a strong showing throughout the other sub-forums, namely the Pearl Jam forum, this poster's prowess earns a spot in the top ten.

10. Mickey: How can a poster who has not posted in two weeks be atop this week's rankings? Simply put, this poster's absence looms more largely than many posters' presences. Mickey set RM alight with his startling revelation that he might stop posting if certain circumstances bear out. Now the board waits--will he or won't he?

Post subject: Re: RM Power Rankings: Week Ending March 24, 2024
PostPosted: Sun March 24, 2024 10:04 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

I would like to add

Mrs Harmless and Rock Pusher for their PJ contributions and horror thread in case of MrS Harmless and Liebzz because of the work in the live albums and Stones thread

PostPosted: Sun March 24, 2024 10:06 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Please remove ruddo because of his heavy handed moderating.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sun March 24, 2024 10:07 pm 
The Master

Can’t believe you left Burt off

PostPosted: Sun March 24, 2024 10:18 pm 
Production Police

suck it stip

But MS H should be at the very top, she's pounding keys faster than anyone can keep up

PostPosted: Sun March 24, 2024 10:39 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

wow, what a week this was

PostPosted: Sun March 24, 2024 11:33 pm 
The Master

Argo another notable omission. His PM’s about finding love in the factory are gold

PostPosted: Sun March 24, 2024 11:55 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i am just pleased to be in the top ten as i have been pretty light on posting this week

was not the goal but just got crazy busy

also extremely pleased we have top tens again

extremely, extremely pleased

forgot these existed

RM has lost it's way

but it can fight to get it back again

yeahhhh yeahhhhh

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2024 12:10 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Argo another notable omission. His PM’s about finding love in the factory are gold

lies!

PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2024 12:15 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

It's traumatizing to see ruddo rewarded while his victims (me and Alex) get nothing. I need time to process this. I hope I can channel this into something positive.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2024 12:38 am 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:

It's traumatizing to see ruddo rewarded while his victims (me and Alex) get nothing. I need time to process this. I hope I can channel this into something positive.

A credible threat of violence seems appropriate.

PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2024 6:43 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

a good power ranking. :thumbsup:

what about the night watchman? anders?

PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2024 2:48 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

BurtReynolds wrote:
Please remove ruddo because of his heavy handed moderating.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2024 2:50 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

BurtReynolds wrote:

And I don't even drive a Corvette!

PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2024 7:00 pm 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Incredible, the time you've put into this

PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2024 7:16 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

I'm used to feeling like an outsider. This is weird. But it's always nice to be recognized and win an reward as prestigious as this. Cheers, Alex.

PostPosted: Mon March 25, 2024 7:48 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
Incredible, the time you've put into this

the words flowed through me. i was a mere vessel channeling the spirit of General Dee Scussion.

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2024 11:46 pm 
The Master

How long will it take Anders to crack these after the grilled cheese thread debacle?

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo