The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Paris, FR (besoin d'un sous-forum de voyage)
PostPosted: Tue January 23, 2024 9:20 pm 
The Master

doug rr wrote:
dad wrote:
we're staying in an airbnb - 3rd arrondissement. taking public transportation and walking.

Can't imagine going their with a little, but imagine a stroller and a shit ton of patience go a long way.

The Marais is great..thats where we were last month..a lot busier than it used to be..look out for the dumb bicyclists.

Yeah that’s a great walking area. We strolled over to some weird museum that had all sorts of stuffed beasts and old hunting guns. Thought the kid would enjoy the former, which she did.

PostPosted: Tue January 23, 2024 9:22 pm 
The Master

bodysnatcher wrote:
Why is half of RM going to Paris all of the sudden? The Olympics?

be like spike

PostPosted: Tue January 23, 2024 9:32 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

spike wrote:
doug rr wrote:
dad wrote:
we're staying in an airbnb - 3rd arrondissement. taking public transportation and walking.

Can't imagine going their with a little, but imagine a stroller and a shit ton of patience go a long way.

The Marais is great..thats where we were last month..a lot busier than it used to be..look out for the dumb bicyclists.

Yeah that’s a great walking area. We strolled over to some weird museum that had all sorts of stuffed beasts and old hunting guns. Thought the kid would enjoy the former, which she did.

one day while there we were just walking around and noticed a shit ton of people and news people mulling around..it was the grand opening of the first Krispy Kreme in London :?

PostPosted: Tue January 23, 2024 9:33 pm 
The Master

doug rr wrote:
spike wrote:
doug rr wrote:
dad wrote:

one day while there we were just walking around and noticed a shit ton of people and news people mulling around..it was the grand opening of the first Krispy Kreme in London :?

In Paris? Weird.

PostPosted: Tue January 23, 2024 9:44 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

spike wrote:
doug rr wrote:
spike wrote:
doug rr wrote:
dad wrote:

In Paris? Weird.

yeah, Paris..sorry...also noticed a lot more American fast food places too..

PostPosted: Tue January 23, 2024 9:55 pm 
The Master

doug rr wrote:
spike wrote:
doug rr wrote:
spike wrote:
doug rr wrote:
dad wrote:

In Paris? Weird.

Was it in that Westfield Mall that’s mostly underground (connected to the Les Halles train station)? Saw signage for one opening there.

PostPosted: Tue January 23, 2024 10:03 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

spike wrote:
doug rr wrote:
spike wrote:
doug rr wrote:
spike wrote:
doug rr wrote:
dad wrote:

In Paris? Weird.

Was it in that Westfield Mall that’s mostly underground (connected to the Les Halles train station)? Saw signage for one opening there.

yep

PostPosted: Tue January 23, 2024 11:37 pm 
Major Dude

bodysnatcher wrote:
Why is half of RM going to Paris all of the sudden? The Olympics?

We’ll be there about a month beforehand

PostPosted: Wed January 24, 2024 12:01 am 
The Master

doug rr wrote:
spike wrote:
doug rr wrote:
spike wrote:
doug rr wrote:
spike wrote:
doug rr wrote:
dad wrote:

In Paris? Weird.

yep

Haha we went there a bunch during our stay, was a five minute walk. The Monoprix came in handy for essentials, and I bought a set of hex wrenches across the street to tighten up the wobbly af kitchen table in our unit.

You were right next to the place that specializes in all things pork that I think I recommended a few pages back.

PostPosted: Sun February 25, 2024 9:26 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

doug rr wrote:
spike wrote:
Of course. Now share with me your hit list of restaurants.

off the top of my head..

Benoit--Alain Ducasse place
chez George..an old favorite..best sole
Le Chateaubriand..
Paul Bert
and a couple others I can't remember right now..mostly just be stopping whenever and eating after we hit those

a friend of ours recommended Paul Bert, and I thought I'd seen/heard it elsewhere 8-)

PostPosted: Mon February 26, 2024 9:23 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

dad wrote:
doug rr wrote:
spike wrote:
Of course. Now share with me your hit list of restaurants.

off the top of my head..

Benoit--Alain Ducasse place
chez George..an old favorite..best sole
Le Chateaubriand..
Paul Bert
and a couple others I can't remember right now..mostly just be stopping whenever and eating after we hit those

a friend of ours recommended Paul Bert, and I thought I'd seen/heard it elsewhere 8-)

old school Paris and has never disappointed..

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2024 3:04 pm 
mXn

I have a timeshare in what looks to be the “Montreuil” neighborhood. A couple blocks north of what looks to be a huge park that contains the Paris Zoo.

Is this a good part of town?

The south edge of the park is on the Marne River right about where it joins the Seine.

If you look at a map of Paris there is a loop surrounding the city. This is outside the loop a little to the East.

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2024 3:34 pm 
Production Police

I’ll answer your question after my trip in May

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2024 3:36 pm 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
I have a timeshare in what looks to be the “Montreuil” neighborhood. A couple blocks north of what looks to be a huge park that contains the Paris Zoo.

The south edge of the park is on the Marne River right about where it joins the Seine.

If you look at a map of Paris there is a loop surrounding the city. This is outside the loop a little to the East.

What little I’ve seen outside the loop and towards the edge of the loop (driving to/from CDG, trains to Versailles and Euro Disney) was not inspiring.

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2024 3:36 pm 
Major Dude

Damn, lots of RMers doing Europe this year. Doug’s been. Was spike’s trip early this year or late last? Dad’s getting ready for his trip in a few weeks. You in May. bammer at some point. Anyone else going?

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2024 3:39 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bammer wrote:

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2024 4:09 pm 

I’ll be in a Paris in less than a week.

PostPosted: Tue March 12, 2024 6:50 pm 

Been in Paris for a few hours and already dying from embarrassment. We asked a waiter at a wine bar we stopped at for some recs, and according to our airbnb host, they’re not that great. Then we half-jokingly mentioned to our host that we would want French onion soup, she said, “nobody eats that.”

I can’t stop laughing.

Last edited by dad on Tue March 12, 2024 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue March 12, 2024 6:53 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

vous êtes gay?

PostPosted: Tue March 12, 2024 6:57 pm 

oui, tellement gay

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo