The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Divorce Thread
PostPosted: Wed August 30, 2023 2:45 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Chris_H_2 wrote:
Coach wrote:
At the end of the day, divorce blows.

because your ex-wife didn't, amirite?!?

haha, hey now!

PostPosted: Tue February 27, 2024 7:32 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I can't believe that I've been divorced four years this month.

In hindsight, I really could have taken that better.

Oh well.

PostPosted: Wed February 28, 2024 1:58 am 
Future Drummer

Coach wrote:

that's what the ex wife said! Heyo!

PostPosted: Wed February 28, 2024 9:19 am 
Mind Your Tanners

bart wrote:
Coach wrote:

that's what the ex wife said! Heyo!

ha!

the fact that I can take that joke and not get upset is testament to moving on lol

PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2024 1:49 am 
She / Her

married twice, divorced twice, now I'm very happily polyamorous

marry me once, shame on you, marry me twice... won't get married again

PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2024 2:19 am 
The Master

Getting divorced tomorrow

PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2024 2:23 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:

Who gets the new house?

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2024 2:30 am 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:

Who gets the new house?

I made that up

PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2024 3:27 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

BurtReynolds wrote:

Who gets the new house?

I made that up

The house or the wife

PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2024 4:03 am 
The Master

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Who gets the new house?

I made that up

The house or the wife

I’m getting divorced from life not a wife

PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2024 5:58 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Tom ended my marriage

PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2024 6:02 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Alex wrote:
Tom ended my marriage

Tu eres gay?

PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2024 6:04 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Jorge wrote:
Alex wrote:
Tom ended my marriage

Tu eres gay?

si, soy tan gay como dimejinky

PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2024 6:05 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Wow, eso es muy gay

PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2024 6:29 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

sí, incluso me metí un lightsaber en el culo

PostPosted: Thu March 21, 2024 9:37 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

I got divorced right before all the COVID closures in 2020. Was mostly amicable in the end, but was very contentious to start. There were some long standing issues that eroded the trust, foundation, and love in that relationship. Long story short, he deeply resented me for having a successful career and also spending a significant amount of time caring for my ill father. Fortunately, it wasn't too bad since we didn't have kids, but I had to buy him out of his contribution to the house and give him half my 401k. Thank god he didn't ask for alimony since I make 3x what he was making, so all in all I didn't fare too poorly in that respect. Regardless, it was the best decision I ever made and have been immensely happier since the divorce. 10/10 would recommend if you're not happy with your current situation and serious attempts to work through whatever issues you have have been unsuccessful.

Now, about to get remarried (next month, actually), and like many have said, doing a VERY small, intimate ceremony, mostly for his parents since it's his first wedding and I wanted an excuse to get all prettied up. Still keeping my maiden name though, cause F that nonsense in changing everything again.

PostPosted: Thu March 21, 2024 9:45 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Congratulations and good luck!

PostPosted: Fri March 22, 2024 2:08 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

smileinmytree wrote:
I got divorced right before all the COVID closures in 2020. Was mostly amicable in the end, but was very contentious to start. There were some long standing issues that eroded the trust, foundation, and love in that relationship. Long story short, he deeply resented me for having a successful career and also spending a significant amount of time caring for my ill father. Fortunately, it wasn't too bad since we didn't have kids, but I had to buy him out of his contribution to the house and give him half my 401k. Thank god he didn't ask for alimony since I make 3x what he was making, so all in all I didn't fare too poorly in that respect. Regardless, it was the best decision I ever made and have been immensely happier since the divorce. 10/10 would recommend if you're not happy with your current situation and serious attempts to work through whatever issues you have have been unsuccessful.

Now, about to get remarried (next month, actually), and like many have said, doing a VERY small, intimate ceremony, mostly for his parents since it's his first wedding and I wanted an excuse to get all prettied up. Still keeping my maiden name though, cause F that nonsense in changing everything again.

This is remarkably similar to my situation. An as-amicable-as-possible divorce after an unfixable marriage, no kids. I and my ex-wife both benefitted in many ways, emotionally and financially, from the divorce. The process itself was agonizing, but having it in the rear-view mirror is such a blessing. A lot of clarity came into my life after that process. Renewed purpose and invigoration.

My new “partner” (E.H. Ruddock’s terminology) and I are likely looking at doing a small ceremony when that time comes.

PostPosted: Fri March 22, 2024 2:18 pm 
The Master

Alex wrote:
smileinmytree wrote:

This is remarkably similar to my situation. An as-amicable-as-possible divorce after an unfixable marriage, no kids. I and my ex-wife both benefitted in many ways, emotionally and financially, from the divorce. The process itself was agonizing, but having it in the rear-view mirror is such a blessing. A lot of clarity came into my life after that process. Renewed purpose and invigoration.

My new “partner” (E.H. Ruddock’s terminology) and I are likely looking at doing a small ceremony when that time comes.

can i come?

PostPosted: Fri March 22, 2024 2:28 pm 
The Master

Strat wrote:
Alex wrote:
smileinmytree wrote:

can i come?

We already have a Strat.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo