The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Divorce Thread
PostPosted: Wed August 30, 2023 2:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:20 am
Posts: 8189
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Coach wrote:
At the end of the day, divorce blows.

because your ex-wife didn't, amirite?!?

Image


haha, hey now!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Divorce Thread
PostPosted: Tue February 27, 2024 7:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:20 am
Posts: 8189
I can't believe that I've been divorced four years this month.

In hindsight, I really could have taken that better.

Oh well.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Divorce Thread
PostPosted: Wed February 28, 2024 1:58 am 
Online
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 08, 2013 10:23 pm
Posts: 3232
Coach wrote:
In hindsight, I really could have taken that better.

that's what the ex wife said! Heyo!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Divorce Thread
PostPosted: Wed February 28, 2024 9:19 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:20 am
Posts: 8189
bart wrote:
Coach wrote:
In hindsight, I really could have taken that better.

that's what the ex wife said! Heyo!


ha!

the fact that I can take that joke and not get upset is testament to moving on lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Divorce Thread
PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2024 1:49 am 
Offline
She / Her
 Profile

Joined: Sun January 26, 2020 12:10 pm
Posts: 11569
Location: Warwickshire, UK
married twice, divorced twice, now I'm very happily polyamorous

marry me once, shame on you, marry me twice... won't get married again


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Divorce Thread
PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2024 2:19 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 42063
Getting divorced tomorrow

_________________
There is no digital Tom


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Divorce Thread
PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2024 2:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 39719
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Getting divorced tomorrow

Who gets the new house?

_________________
RM's resident disinformation expert.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Divorce Thread
PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2024 2:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 42063
BurtReynolds wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Getting divorced tomorrow

Who gets the new house?

I made that up

_________________
There is no digital Tom


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Divorce Thread
PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2024 3:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 47080
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Getting divorced tomorrow

Who gets the new house?

I made that up

The house or the wife

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Divorce Thread
PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2024 4:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 42063
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Getting divorced tomorrow

Who gets the new house?

I made that up

The house or the wife

I’m getting divorced from life not a wife

_________________
There is no digital Tom


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Divorce Thread
PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2024 5:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 16, 2013 6:36 pm
Posts: 5643
Tom ended my marriage

_________________
Malloy wrote:
making this place inhospitable to posting is really the only move left.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Divorce Thread
PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2024 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 32228
Location: Buenos Aires
Alex wrote:
Tom ended my marriage

Tu eres gay?

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Hehe


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Divorce Thread
PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2024 6:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 16, 2013 6:36 pm
Posts: 5643
Jorge wrote:
Alex wrote:
Tom ended my marriage

Tu eres gay?

si, soy tan gay como dimejinky

_________________
Malloy wrote:
making this place inhospitable to posting is really the only move left.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Divorce Thread
PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2024 6:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 32228
Location: Buenos Aires
Wow, eso es muy gay

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Hehe


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Divorce Thread
PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2024 6:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 16, 2013 6:36 pm
Posts: 5643
sí, incluso me metí un lightsaber en el culo

_________________
Malloy wrote:
making this place inhospitable to posting is really the only move left.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Divorce Thread
PostPosted: Thu March 21, 2024 9:37 pm 
Offline
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Fri September 23, 2016 2:38 am
Posts: 53
I got divorced right before all the COVID closures in 2020. Was mostly amicable in the end, but was very contentious to start. There were some long standing issues that eroded the trust, foundation, and love in that relationship. Long story short, he deeply resented me for having a successful career and also spending a significant amount of time caring for my ill father. Fortunately, it wasn't too bad since we didn't have kids, but I had to buy him out of his contribution to the house and give him half my 401k. Thank god he didn't ask for alimony since I make 3x what he was making, so all in all I didn't fare too poorly in that respect. Regardless, it was the best decision I ever made and have been immensely happier since the divorce. 10/10 would recommend if you're not happy with your current situation and serious attempts to work through whatever issues you have have been unsuccessful.

Now, about to get remarried (next month, actually), and like many have said, doing a VERY small, intimate ceremony, mostly for his parents since it's his first wedding and I wanted an excuse to get all prettied up. Still keeping my maiden name though, cause F that nonsense in changing everything again.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Divorce Thread
PostPosted: Thu March 21, 2024 9:45 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 20986
Location: Oslo, Norway
Congratulations and good luck!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Divorce Thread
PostPosted: Fri March 22, 2024 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 16, 2013 6:36 pm
Posts: 5643
smileinmytree wrote:
I got divorced right before all the COVID closures in 2020. Was mostly amicable in the end, but was very contentious to start. There were some long standing issues that eroded the trust, foundation, and love in that relationship. Long story short, he deeply resented me for having a successful career and also spending a significant amount of time caring for my ill father. Fortunately, it wasn't too bad since we didn't have kids, but I had to buy him out of his contribution to the house and give him half my 401k. Thank god he didn't ask for alimony since I make 3x what he was making, so all in all I didn't fare too poorly in that respect. Regardless, it was the best decision I ever made and have been immensely happier since the divorce. 10/10 would recommend if you're not happy with your current situation and serious attempts to work through whatever issues you have have been unsuccessful.

Now, about to get remarried (next month, actually), and like many have said, doing a VERY small, intimate ceremony, mostly for his parents since it's his first wedding and I wanted an excuse to get all prettied up. Still keeping my maiden name though, cause F that nonsense in changing everything again.

This is remarkably similar to my situation. An as-amicable-as-possible divorce after an unfixable marriage, no kids. I and my ex-wife both benefitted in many ways, emotionally and financially, from the divorce. The process itself was agonizing, but having it in the rear-view mirror is such a blessing. A lot of clarity came into my life after that process. Renewed purpose and invigoration.

My new “partner” (E.H. Ruddock’s terminology) and I are likely looking at doing a small ceremony when that time comes.

_________________
Malloy wrote:
making this place inhospitable to posting is really the only move left.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Divorce Thread
PostPosted: Fri March 22, 2024 2:18 pm 
Online
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 33963
Location: Mountains
Alex wrote:
smileinmytree wrote:
I got divorced right before all the COVID closures in 2020. Was mostly amicable in the end, but was very contentious to start. There were some long standing issues that eroded the trust, foundation, and love in that relationship. Long story short, he deeply resented me for having a successful career and also spending a significant amount of time caring for my ill father. Fortunately, it wasn't too bad since we didn't have kids, but I had to buy him out of his contribution to the house and give him half my 401k. Thank god he didn't ask for alimony since I make 3x what he was making, so all in all I didn't fare too poorly in that respect. Regardless, it was the best decision I ever made and have been immensely happier since the divorce. 10/10 would recommend if you're not happy with your current situation and serious attempts to work through whatever issues you have have been unsuccessful.

Now, about to get remarried (next month, actually), and like many have said, doing a VERY small, intimate ceremony, mostly for his parents since it's his first wedding and I wanted an excuse to get all prettied up. Still keeping my maiden name though, cause F that nonsense in changing everything again.

This is remarkably similar to my situation. An as-amicable-as-possible divorce after an unfixable marriage, no kids. I and my ex-wife both benefitted in many ways, emotionally and financially, from the divorce. The process itself was agonizing, but having it in the rear-view mirror is such a blessing. A lot of clarity came into my life after that process. Renewed purpose and invigoration.

My new “partner” (E.H. Ruddock’s terminology) and I are likely looking at doing a small ceremony when that time comes.


can i come?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Divorce Thread
PostPosted: Fri March 22, 2024 2:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 28027
Strat wrote:
Alex wrote:
smileinmytree wrote:
I got divorced right before all the COVID closures in 2020. Was mostly amicable in the end, but was very contentious to start. There were some long standing issues that eroded the trust, foundation, and love in that relationship. Long story short, he deeply resented me for having a successful career and also spending a significant amount of time caring for my ill father. Fortunately, it wasn't too bad since we didn't have kids, but I had to buy him out of his contribution to the house and give him half my 401k. Thank god he didn't ask for alimony since I make 3x what he was making, so all in all I didn't fare too poorly in that respect. Regardless, it was the best decision I ever made and have been immensely happier since the divorce. 10/10 would recommend if you're not happy with your current situation and serious attempts to work through whatever issues you have have been unsuccessful.

Now, about to get remarried (next month, actually), and like many have said, doing a VERY small, intimate ceremony, mostly for his parents since it's his first wedding and I wanted an excuse to get all prettied up. Still keeping my maiden name though, cause F that nonsense in changing everything again.

This is remarkably similar to my situation. An as-amicable-as-possible divorce after an unfixable marriage, no kids. I and my ex-wife both benefitted in many ways, emotionally and financially, from the divorce. The process itself was agonizing, but having it in the rear-view mirror is such a blessing. A lot of clarity came into my life after that process. Renewed purpose and invigoration.

My new “partner” (E.H. Ruddock’s terminology) and I are likely looking at doing a small ceremony when that time comes.


can i come?

We already have a Strat.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun April 14, 2024 5:37 pm