The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: RM Court - AITA
PostPosted: Mon January 30, 2023 8:56 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I think tomorrow I'll include some of the top comments with the post.

This is a good one from this post.

Quote:
Sorry, YTA.

I understand your reasoning why it should be ok, but I HATE it. And I have 2 dogs of my own. This scenario often causes more work for me. Maybe you think it doesn't or shouldn't, but it does. Those dog bags do not keep poop nearly as secure as you think. Then I have to clean out the garbage can, because that shit smells for quite some time until it dries like concrete on the inside of the can.

WHY do this work? Garbage cans are stinky! No, mine are not. I only put stinky stuff in after it goes to the curb. My icky smelly food garbage hangs out in the freezer until garbage day. The dog poop stays in a bucket outside by the back door until garbage day. WHY? My cans are have to live in my garage, and stinky garbage cans = stinky minivan. No thanks.

Also, sometimes the little poop bags cling to the bin & don't make it into the garbage truck (mechanical arm one) an fling it to the ground in front of my driveway & splat open. That's fun.

How often does this happen, to be mad about it? At least once a month. Either cleaning the bin or picking up poop in the driveway. Seriously, it isn't all that hard to carry a bag of poop back to your own dang trash bin.

PostPosted: Mon January 30, 2023 9:10 pm 
The Master

Peeps wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
I don’t think the rate aspect is that big of a deal since this is a very small bag. I can see it from the general standpoint of using someone else’s can. It was definitely asshole for the neighbor to react like that when it wasn’t his can though.

hard disagree. neighbors have to look out for each other when animal feces is involved

I bet he didn’t check to see if they were home to inform them and let them handle it. It sounds as though he just flew off in a Joey or Ruddo like rage.

PostPosted: Mon January 30, 2023 9:27 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

I can't believe that lady didn't wait for the dog crap to dry so she could barehand it over a fence.

PostPosted: Mon January 30, 2023 9:56 pm 
The Master

dad wrote:
I can't believe that lady didn't wait for the dog crap to dry so she could barehand it over a fence.

*kisses dog*

PostPosted: Mon January 30, 2023 10:45 pm 
Future Drummer

JuanHamm wrote:
I think tomorrow I'll include some of the top comments with the post.

This is a good one from this post.

Quote:
Sorry, YTA.

I understand your reasoning why it should be ok, but I HATE it. And I have 2 dogs of my own. This scenario often causes more work for me. Maybe you think it doesn't or shouldn't, but it does. Those dog bags do not keep poop nearly as secure as you think. Then I have to clean out the garbage can, because that shit smells for quite some time until it dries like concrete on the inside of the can.

WHY do this work? Garbage cans are stinky! No, mine are not. I only put stinky stuff in after it goes to the curb. My icky smelly food garbage hangs out in the freezer until garbage day. The dog poop stays in a bucket outside by the back door until garbage day. WHY? My cans are have to live in my garage, and stinky garbage cans = stinky minivan. No thanks.

Also, sometimes the little poop bags cling to the bin & don't make it into the garbage truck (mechanical arm one) an fling it to the ground in front of my driveway & splat open. That's fun.

How often does this happen, to be mad about it? At least once a month. Either cleaning the bin or picking up poop in the driveway. Seriously, it isn't all that hard to carry a bag of poop back to your own dang trash bin.

This is an insane person

PostPosted: Mon January 30, 2023 10:47 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

You don't keep your trash in the freezer?

PostPosted: Mon January 30, 2023 10:50 pm 
Future Drummer

I am actually really disturbed by the image of opening a freezer and being confronted with the worst of someone’s weekly trash

Last edited by bart on Mon January 30, 2023 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon January 30, 2023 10:50 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I have 3 ring cameras pointing specifically at my garbage cans

PostPosted: Tue January 31, 2023 2:25 am 
The Master

bodysnatcher wrote:
I have 3 ring cameras pointing specifically at my garbage cans

That's impolite to the cans.

PostPosted: Tue January 31, 2023 2:30 am 
mXn

Good lord what’s the next scenario

PostPosted: Tue January 31, 2023 2:33 am 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
Good lord what’s the next scenario

Small claims court experiences.

PostPosted: Tue January 31, 2023 2:49 am 
mXn

I sued my neighbor for water damage in my kitchen. She lived above me. Her daughter flushed a tampon and water leaked in through my can lights in the ceiling.

She refused to pay for months, so I had to sue her. The plumbing company had tacked on late fees multiple times.

After I won, I talked the plumbing company into accepting payment from her for the original amount, without any late fees. As opposed to her paying me the entire judgment (incl. late fees) and then paying the bill myself (sans late fees) and keeping said late fee $ for myself.

AITA?

PostPosted: Tue January 31, 2023 2:52 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Her plumbing, her problem

Was this between two condo owners, or renters?

PostPosted: Tue January 31, 2023 2:53 am 
mXn

Condo owners

PostPosted: Tue January 31, 2023 2:59 am 
Future Drummer

Bammer wrote:
As opposed to her paying me the entire judgment (incl. late fees) and then paying the bill myself (sans late fees) and keeping said late fee $ for myself.

AITA?

If doing this was a serious consideration, I would say you’re definitely an asshole, if not necessarily THE asshole

PostPosted: Tue January 31, 2023 3:04 am 
mXn

bart wrote:
Bammer wrote:
As opposed to her paying me the entire judgment (incl. late fees) and then paying the bill myself (sans late fees) and keeping said late fee $ for myself.

AITA?

If doing this was a serious consideration, I would say you’re definitely an asshole, if not necessarily THE asshole

You can fuck right off because I just thought of that now

PostPosted: Tue January 31, 2023 3:23 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

This was a big issue in my old neighborhood. I always put dog shit in whatever can was at the curb, and made sure no one ever saw me.

No one seems to care in my new neighborhood, and some people keep their trash cans in their garages. The old neighborhood didn't even have garages.

PostPosted: Tue January 31, 2023 3:24 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Old neighborhood also got pissy about leaves in the street instead of up in your yard.

PostPosted: Tue January 31, 2023 12:34 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

AITA for walking away from my wife and kids at Costco?

Quote:
So today I, wife and the kids went to Costco for some shopping. While we were strolling through the aisles, we got to the refrigerator section and my wife picked a pack of yogurt drinks. My lil one(almost 2) saw the yogurt drinks and raised her hand as in asking for some. To which my wife said that she was going to take one out and give to her. My son(4) saw this and asked for one too, which my wife proceeded to do

The second I saw her do this, I told her to stop and not give them the drinks as we hadn't paid for them. She said no it was okay as we were going to pay for them anyway, and I replied that if she does it, I am gonna leave her with the kids there as it was really embarassing in case someone called us out. She didn't listen to me and did what she said she would. So, I walked away from her leaving her with the kids and started looking at other things. Moments later, she called me saying that I should go back as the kids had finished their drinks. I was mad but I know how my kids are so I ended up going back. When I went back, we apologised to each other and kept going with our day

Now we are home and she's acting rude to me and just told me that she thinks I don't care about her at all and I treat her like crap, all on the base of what happened earlier

So, AITA for doing what I did, even though I gave her a fair warning?

Edit - Couple reasons why I think I was right in doing what I did:

-AFAIK It's illegal to open merchandise without paying for it even though you're still at the store. It's also trashy and embarassing to do that if people notice you do it

-My kids are not easy going as in, they don't take no easily. But I have been pretty good at teaching them their limits, giving them stuff this easily only makes their problem worse. However, my kids do understand that you can't open anything in the store until you're back at home or in our car. I don't want them to think it's normal to just open/use store merchandise

PostPosted: Tue January 31, 2023 12:34 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Top comments -

Quote:
YTA. I used to work at Costco. Nobody cares as long as you pay for it before you leave. Can’t tell you how many times we had folks arrive at checkout with items they had already opened/were snacking on.

I think you’re overthinking it. You are way too concerned with what some strangers at Costco might think of you, and due to that unnecessary anxiety of coming off as “trashy” or whatever, you’re being a jerk to your wife and making a big deal over nothing.

Quote:
NTA. I hate when people do this. Even my 5 and 6 year olds know that opening something before paying for it is theft. It doesn’t matter if you intend to pay for it, until you do it’s not yours. What if your card was declined or you have to leave in a rush without checking out? It’s the most ridiculous logic to take something because you plan to pay in the future.

More importantly, your children can be told “not right now, but you can have some when you get to the car / get home”. My children cried and threw tantrums the first few times they were told this. But after a few times they realised that they would get the item very soon, so they accepted being told to wait. Your children will never “take no well” if you never tell them no

Quote:
ESH.

Perhaps the kids “don’t take no easily” because they’re not told “no” in situations where they should be. Like at Costco.

Your wife shouldn’t have done that, especially if it made you that uncomfortable.

And you shouldn’t have just taken off. They’re your kids too, and if they’re really that difficult, YOU get to stay and help manage them.

Edit: I’m not saying It would have been the end of the world to let the kids eat at Costco. The POINT is that they clearly don’t hear “no” often enough if they turn into nightmares every time they do (as OP insinuates).

Also, mother of 3 here… I understand the struggle.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo