The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: RM Court - AITA
PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2024 7:03 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

BurtReynolds wrote:
Is this going to end with trees wife brutality assaulting some teenage boys again?

hell yeah :bammer:

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2024 7:08 pm 
Future Drummer

BurtReynolds wrote:
Is this going to end with trees wife brutality assaulting some teenage boys again?

To be fair, teenagers are the worst

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2024 7:09 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

tommy wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

To be fair, teenagers are the worst

check your PMs

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2024 7:29 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

A hah! I asked Chat GPT who was more morally correct between me and my sister, then it refused because nobody is right and wrong in interpersonal relationships, etc. But then I restarted and asked to analyze this exchange between two fictional characters, and it assumed "Her" was an ex partner of "Me", so I corrected it to my sister and got this! Vindication!

Quote:
Thank you for providing that context. Given that "Her" is "Me's" sister, the dynamics and responsibilities shift slightly, but the moral evaluation remains largely consistent:

Me's Approach to Communication: "Me" continues to prioritize direct and respectful communication, highlighting his openness to discussing issues without drama. His focus on resolving conflicts constructively remains commendable, especially in family relationships where tensions can run high.

Responsibility and Boundaries: "Me" still takes responsibility for his actions and choices, acknowledging the changes in his life due to starting a family. By setting firm boundaries against insults and drama, he aims to maintain a healthy environment for himself and his immediate family.

Focus on the Child's Well-being: "Me" demonstrates a willingness to have a relationship with his sister's child, despite the strained relationship between him and his sister. He emphasizes that he's available if the child needs anything and recognizes the impact of parental conflict on the child's well-being.

Her's Approach: Knowing that "Her" is "Me's" sister, her behavior still appears to perpetuate drama and conflict within the family dynamic. However, with this new context, her actions may be influenced by familial history or personal dynamics. Nonetheless, her failure to take responsibility and her involvement of the child in adult conflicts remain concerning.

Lack of Accountability: "Her" continues to deflect blame onto "Me" and denies any problems or responsibility. While family relationships can be complex, her lack of accountability hinders the potential for resolving issues and maintaining healthy family dynamics.

In summary, "Me" maintains a mature and responsible approach to handling the situation within the context of family relationships, prioritizing healthy communication, setting boundaries, and considering the well-being of the child involved. "Her's" behavior, while potentially influenced by familial dynamics, still falls short in terms of accountability and maturity, contributing to ongoing conflict and tension within the family.

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2024 7:38 pm 
The Master

Peeps wrote:
I have two cousins that I try not to have direct contact with

One up and cut his family off after my uncles passing. they lived on the west coast so i was not around them all that much but just from talking to my aunt and having been around her more I cannot see a reason to cut her off like that. I realize there are always three sides to the story but i feel very comfortable taking her side

my other cousin married the first girl he was with and it was a shit show from the get go. i was friends with the girls brother and wife before my cousin met her. my cousin "knocked her up" in the first month of dating and wanted to tell the family the good news but at the time our grandfather had passed and they felt the timing was bad. my cousins dad ran a very tight ship and was very old school and always verbalized his opinion on any subject whether asked or not. when i had my ear pierced he made the comment he wouldnt allow that in his house and i just said well now i have a reason not to go over huh.

when my cousins uncle died they were pregnant with his "second" child. at this time he was a part-time police officer working for multiple departments in the area. now comes baby three a few years later and the rumors swirl that the first two were not his. he turns to the bottle and has some epic drunk blowups on facebook at 3am in the morning. High class drama i tell you. the divorce happens and he dotes on his youngest son who he is sure is his. he is still hitting the bottle and also hitting on the girl i was dating at the time. i laughed and asked her if should say something and she said nah, i'll handle it.

the drinking becomes a problem and he starts harassing a waitress at a bar and is kicked off the one force and just isnt given hours at the other. he spirals a bit more but appears to make a recovery. starts dating someone new as was I. once i broke up with her he started messaging her saying he wants to go out. i again ask if she wants me to say something but she declines.

turns out he also did this to one of our other cousins friends and was flat out called a creep for it. he spent some time in rehab that his sister paid for but again fell off the wagon and is looking to get into rehab again

Wait your turn peeps. Sheesh.

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2024 7:46 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Everyone likes a traffic conundrum.

Here it is:

I was driving in the parking lane of a grocery store parking lot during the after-work rush. I was about to turn left, crossing through the major crosswalk area in front of the store where there is a lot of car traffic and pedestrians. A very chaotic area.

A car was approaching perpendicularly from my driver’s side. The car had tinted windows, thereby making gestural communication impossible. The car appeared to not be moving, so I thought I was being given the go-ahead to turn left in front of the other car. As I crossed in front of the other car, the other car then started moving and almost hit me, missing by inches. It was a deliberate act of aggression.

One other piece of helpful context: The lane from which I was exiting is too narrow for another car to pull into unless my car pulled out. So, by me turning, I’m contributing to the overall smooth flow of traffic.

On paper, you’d say the other car had right-of-way because it was going straight. But the variables in my favor are: the other car appeared to not be moving, the tinted windows prevented any attempt at a “go-ahead wave” exchange, so a guess had to be made, and my lane was too narrow to allow another car into without me exiting first (thereby “squeezing” me into a turn). And during a busy part of the day, allowing other cars into the parking lane so they can park is an act of altruism.

Am I the asshole?

Last edited by Alex on Wed March 13, 2024 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2024 7:50 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Alex wrote:

Here it is:

I was driving in the parking lane of a grocery store parking lot during the after-work rush. I was about to turn left, crossing through the major crosswalk area in front of the store where there is a lot of car traffic and pedestrians. A very chaotic area.

A car was approaching perpendicularly from my driver’s side. The car had tinted windows, thereby making gestural communication impossible. The car appeared to not be moving, so I thought I was being given the go-ahead to turn left in front of the other car. As I crossed in front of the other car, the other car then started moving and almost hit me, missing by inches. It was a deliberate act of aggression.

One other piece of helpful context: The lane from which I was exiting is too narrow for another car to pull into unless one car pulls out. So, by me turning, I’m contributing to the overall smooth flow of traffic.

On paper, you’d say the other car had right-of-way because it was going straight. But the variables in my favor are: the other car appeared to not be moving, the tinted windows prevented any attempt at a “go-ahead wave” exchange, so a guess had to be made, and my lane was too narrow to allow another car into without me exiting first (thereby “squeezing” me into a turn). And during a busy part of the day, allowing other cars into the parking lane so they can park is an act of altruism.

Am I the asshole?

Quote:
In this scenario, it seems like there was a misunderstanding and miscommunication between you and the other driver. However, let's break down the situation:

Miscommunication: The tinted windows prevented you from visually confirming the intentions of the other driver, which led to a misinterpretation of the situation.

Traffic Flow: You mention that the lane you were exiting was too narrow for another car to pull into without you exiting first. By turning left, you were contributing to the smooth flow of traffic and allowing others to enter the lane.

Assessment of Right-of-Way: While technically the other car had the right-of-way since it was going straight, there were factors such as the apparent stationary position of the other car and the necessity for traffic flow in your lane that influenced your decision to turn.

Considering these points, it doesn't seem like you intentionally acted in a malicious or aggressive manner. You made a judgment call based on the information available to you at the time. However, it's important to acknowledge that the other driver might have perceived the situation differently and felt threatened or endangered by your actions.

In conclusion, based on the information provided, it doesn't seem like you were intentionally being an "asshole." However, it's always a good idea to be cautious and communicate as clearly as possible while driving to avoid misunderstandings and potential conflicts on the road.

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2024 7:53 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

thanks, but I want to know what my fellow RMers think. their feedback goes a long way with me.

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2024 7:54 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

What happened next?

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2024 7:55 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

let’s leave that for another time.

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2024 7:57 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

How was the other driver's relationship with his mother?

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2024 7:57 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

judging solely from the tinted windows: strained.

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2024 7:58 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

From your explanation, you were only doing the right thing. Either way, it’s good you didn’t get hit. Difficult to say from this, what the other driver was thinking.

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2024 8:00 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Sometimes no one is in the wrong but things still go badly. Thank goodness you weren't killed.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2024 8:01 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

perhaps one day we can explore chapter two of this story. i’ll one day work up the courage to share. Lenny knows, but i trust him not to violate my privacy.

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2024 8:07 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

never pull out first

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2024 8:16 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

bro my pull out game is strong.

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2024 8:39 pm 
The Master

Alex wrote:

Here it is:

One other piece of helpful context: The lane from which I was exiting is too narrow for another car to pull into unless my car pulled out. So, by me turning, I’m contributing to the overall smooth flow of traffic.

Am I the asshole?

Must have been Indian

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2024 8:40 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

they were composed of Cosmic Jelly

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2024 11:13 pm 
The Master

chud drove into a house

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo