The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo

Post subject: Tell us about your car accidents (a companion thread)
PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 4:36 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Do you have any funny/scary/boring car accident stories? Share them here.

Post subject: Re: Tell us about your car accidents (a companion thread)
PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 4:46 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

I have been in 2 minor car accidents. Both a long time ago. The first one was in 2007. I was in the Army, on base, trying to find something, don't remember what, was very stressed and not paying attention and ran a red light, got t-boned and car totaled. No injuries and I got fully reimbursed for the new car's value of about 17,000 dollars.

The second time I was in St. Louis, about 2012 or so driving my mother's PT Cruiser and some guy ran into me, causing me to hit a pole, also totaling the car with no injuries. Nothing else to say about it.

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 4:48 pm 
The Master

tree_ wrote:
I have been in 2 minor car accidents. Both a long time ago. The first one was in 2007. I was in the Army, on base, trying to find something, don't remember what, was very stressed and not paying attention and ran a red light, got t-boned and car totaled. No injuries and I got fully reimbursed for the new car's value of about 17,000 dollars.

The second time I was in St. Louis, about 2012 or so driving my mother's PT Cruiser and some guy ran into me, causing me to hit a pole, also totaling the car with no injuries. Nothing else to say about it.

Where in STL?

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 4:49 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Next to that gas station near the Busch brewery

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 5:44 pm 
The Master

chud drove into a house

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 7:55 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

years ago...like, a couple of years removed from high school, i had a job delivering radiators to auto shops all over Connecticut. one day, i was finishing up my route, with the last stop in Hartford. when i got to about two miles from the exit, i went into the far right lane. i was doing about 60-65mph, and as i got closer to the exit, i was also getting closer to the car in front of me, which was going about 40mph...a little too slow for the highway. i needed that exit, and there was a car to my immediate left, so i figured i'd wait it out until the off-ramp. the off-ramp was a decline, with a traffic light at the end. far left lane goes left, middle goes straight, right, right turn only. i needed to go right at the light. as i'm going down the exit to the light, the car in front of me is still going 40mph. there were three cars up ahead in the far right lane waiting for the light to turn green. i'm slowing down. the car in front of me is still going 40mph.

not good.

he continues on until he rear-ends the car in front of him, creating a domino effect for the other cars. i'm now fully stopped, and the car that just played demolition derby with the cars in front of it starts reversing into me. and fast. i'm trying to honk my horn, but the beater astro vans they made us drive around must not have had enough horn fluid because my attempts fell flat, and he barreled into my front end. then, he tried rolling forward a bit.

when the cops finally showed up, they thought i'd caused it, until witnesses confirmed the driver in front of me did it all. the driver--a very elderly man--had taken his medication, whatever it was, and decided he needed to go to the store.

this was pre-cell phone days, so i had to find the nearest payphone to call my boss and tell him why i was late.

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 9:10 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

55 years old and not so much as a fender bender...knock on wood

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2022 12:43 am 
Major Dude

Just been in two minor altercations.

The first was the Thursday before Princess Diana died. I was on my way to see my Grandpa who was in the nursing home at the time. I was trying to pull out from the gas station and a guy driving a truck motioned me to come out in front of him. So I did and was turning left and wouldn’t you know it, another car was coming in the lane next to him. So I hit them. Minor damage to both cars. The driver of the other car said they were fine and everything when the cops were there but then a couple weeks later said they had whiplash. As far as I know my insurance company told them to fuck off because I never heard anything else about it.

Didn’t make it to see Grandad and he died the same day Diana did.

The other accident was a year and and a half ago when we were moving. I had the van packed full of shit and was stopped at a red light. Just sitting there and the lady behind me decided the light was green and put the hammer down and rear ended me. Crushed in the van door and we had to have it replaced.

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2022 8:22 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

frred flinstone wrote:
55 years old and not so much as a fender bender...knock on wood

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2022 8:24 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

spike wrote:
chud drove into a house

wait, then he stepped out of a car and into a living room

this and more coming to a chat near you

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2022 11:06 am 
Future Drummer

My main takeaway from this thread is that wease’s grandfather was possibly Dodi Fayed

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2022 1:24 pm 
mXn

This should be a group Zoom call where we all tell our stories and then we post the audio here like a group RM voice interview on one specific topic.

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2022 2:16 pm 
The Master

Had a few, all fairly minor. But one in particular turned into a six year headache: A guy on a motorcycle T-boned me (going very slowly in bumper-to-bumper traffic). 1000% his fault but due to a clerical error the traffic court finding that was in my favor got lost in the shuffle and I had to contest an insurance hike three separate times.

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2022 4:19 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Been in a handful over my 31 years of driving, but by far the worst one was June of last year. I'm driving to work on the Interstate and get to where it goes from two lanes to three. The third lane is one of those where the entrance ramp traffic doesn't have to merge as the vehicles can just stay in their own lane and become part of the flow of the interstate (hope that makes sense). (All of what i'm about to explain at this point happens in probably less than 5 seconds) Anyway, the entrance ramp (which is on the right of me) is one that circles around before hitting the interstate, and as i'm approaching, i notice a car fish tailing. I kept my eye on it and saw that it was pointed away from me, as if it's going to crash into the barrier wall to his right, so i think "ok. i'm good". Wrong. Out of nowhere, dude comes from the right headed directly at me. I had absolutely no time to respond. I hit him doing probably about 70-75 mph. I spun him around and then bc of the impact i ended up slamming into the far left lane's guard rail. All the air bags deployed and i had hit him so hard, my radio was actually jarred loose and hanging by the wires. I couldn't open my door bc the guard rail was there, so i had to go through the passenger door. I then went to check on the other car. He had a smaller car, so when his air bags went off they basically covered all the windows up, so i couldn't see inside the vehicle. I swear to you at that point when i couldn't see inside his car, i thought it very possible i had just killed someone we hit that hard. As i was walking up to the car, i noticed the front wheels turning right and left repeatedly, so i was very relieved he was still alive. To shorten the rest of the story, i ended up getting majorly screwed as dude was driving on a suspended license, no insurance, and - the best part- was booked for DUI (at freaking 6:45 in the effing morning). Luckily my insurance did cover me for uninsured drivers, so i did manage to get back some of the damage/hospital costs.
But more importantly, i managed to only suffer the normal sore neck and back for a couple days and bruises from the seat belt and air bags. Needless to say, I am always very alert every time i approach that entrance ramp on the way to work....

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2022 4:58 pm 
The Master

wease wrote:

The first was the Thursday before Princess Diana died. I was on my way to see my Grandpa who was in the nursing home at the time. I was trying to pull out from the gas station and a guy driving a truck motioned me to come out in front of him. So I did and was turning left and wouldn’t you know it, another car was coming in the lane next to him. So I hit them. Minor damage to both cars. The driver of the other car said they were fine and everything when the cops were there but then a couple weeks later said they had whiplash. As far as I know my insurance company told them to fuck off because I never heard anything else about it.

The other accident was a year and and a half ago when we were moving. I had the van packed full of shit and was stopped at a red light. Just sitting there and the lady behind me decided the light was green and put the hammer down and rear ended me. Crushed in the van door and we had to have it replaced.

I believe I’m on record as hating that first move. These well meaning idiots need one of those stop signs that pops out the side of the school bus.

I never pull out in front of them, because I just assume someone’s blazing down the right lane. Kinda surprised you did!

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2022 5:26 pm 
The Master

DissidentRival4 wrote:
Been in a handful over my 31 years of driving, but by far the worst one was June of last year. I'm driving to work on the Interstate and get to where it goes from two lanes to three. The third lane is one of those where the entrance ramp traffic doesn't have to merge as the vehicles can just stay in their own lane and become part of the flow of the interstate (hope that makes sense). (All of what i'm about to explain at this point happens in probably less than 5 seconds) Anyway, the entrance ramp (which is on the right of me) is one that circles around before hitting the interstate, and as i'm approaching, i notice a car fish tailing. I kept my eye on it and saw that it was pointed away from me, as if it's going to crash into the barrier wall to his right, so i think "ok. i'm good". Wrong. Out of nowhere, dude comes from the right headed directly at me. I had absolutely no time to respond. I hit him doing probably about 70-75 mph. I spun him around and then bc of the impact i ended up slamming into the far left lane's guard rail. All the air bags deployed and i had hit him so hard, my radio was actually jarred loose and hanging by the wires. I couldn't open my door bc the guard rail was there, so i had to go through the passenger door. I then went to check on the other car. He had a smaller car, so when his air bags went off they basically covered all the windows up, so i couldn't see inside the vehicle. I swear to you at that point when i couldn't see inside his car, i thought it very possible i had just killed someone we hit that hard. As i was walking up to the car, i noticed the front wheels turning right and left repeatedly, so i was very relieved he was still alive. To shorten the rest of the story, i ended up getting majorly screwed as dude was driving on a suspended license, no insurance, and - the best part- was booked for DUI (at freaking 6:45 in the effing morning). Luckily my insurance did cover me for uninsured drivers, so i did manage to get back some of the damage/hospital costs.
But more importantly, i managed to only suffer the normal sore neck and back for a couple days and bruises from the seat belt and air bags. Needless to say, I am always very alert every time i approach that entrance ramp on the way to work....

Jesus, glad everyone was ok.

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2022 5:29 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

everyone is not ok

people are dying of car accidents all the time

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2022 5:30 pm 
The Master

tree_ wrote:
everyone is not ok

people are dying of car accidents all the time

:shock:

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2022 5:31 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

hate to be the one who breaks it to you!

You know what's funny? I heard about this study about how, obviously, if everyone drove wayy slower, like if the speed limit were cut in half, we'd save countless lives per year. But people got to get to where they need to be faster, so they're willing to sacrifice those lives. People are so stupid.

PostPosted: Wed August 10, 2022 7:52 pm 
Major Dude

spike wrote:
wease wrote:

I believe I’m on record as hating that first move. These well meaning idiots need one of those stop signs that pops out the side of the school bus.

I never pull out in front of them, because I just assume someone’s blazing down the right lane. Kinda surprised you did!

I was a young fella at the time. I’ve certainly not done it since.

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo