The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: A Thread For Healing
PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 6:56 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Dev wrote:
epilogue wrote:
There was a time, a couple of years ago, when I wanted to ban trag. But in keeping with the theme of this thread, I found a way to heal. I harbor no ill will toward him anymore. And further, outside of the puns, I appreciate much of what he offers our little community.

oh look at you. aren't you holier than thou.

Not at all.

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 7:03 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

epilogue wrote:
Dev wrote:
epilogue wrote:
There was a time, a couple of years ago, when I wanted to ban trag. But in keeping with the theme of this thread, I found a way to heal. I harbor no ill will toward him anymore. And further, outside of the puns, I appreciate much of what he offers our little community.

Not at all.

wake up call. you're a mod. you're not here to see the good in people. you are here to maintain order on the board. trag is in clear violation of many board rules. do something about it.

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 7:10 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Dev wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Dev wrote:
epilogue wrote:

Not at all.

wake up call. you're a mod. you're not here to see the good in people. you are here to maintain order on the board. trag is in clear violation of many board rules. do something about it.

I don't see everyone's posts, Dev. Flag the posts that violate board rules so we can review them.

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 7:11 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

epilogue wrote:
Dev wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Dev wrote:
epilogue wrote:

Not at all.

I don't see everyone's posts, Dev. Flag the posts that violate board rules so we can review them.

MAKE ME A MOD OR DO THE WORK YOURSELF

SEARCH POSTS BY THE TRAG ACCOUNT

ITS ALL SHIT

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 7:12 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Posts you don't like aren't the same as posts that violate board rules. Burt just called me a gaslighter again. You think I like that? You think I don't want to ban him on a daily basis?! Of course I do. But that's not how this is supposed to work.

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 7:16 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Imagine modding someone as unstable as Dev. Shit would be hilarious.

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 7:46 pm 
Gone

Dev wrote:
looks like this is just another shtick thread

It’s so transparent. You’d think a guy on Broadway would actually know something about selling it.

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 8:00 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I can't pretend to know what someone I've not met irl has been through in their lives. But it must be something nightmarish to need to insist that a genuine gesture of good faith healing is nothing but a scam. I'd say it's sad and I'd probably feel some level of empathy for their situation if that person wasn't verb. Who does not deserve our empathy or understanding.

But I think even he can heal. In fact, I remember a time when he wasn't so far up his own ass that he was fun to post with. I'm not sure if it was r2d's meltdown and perma-ban that did it, or my blocking him on Strava, but it started before Covid, so it's not as simple as that. Whatever the cause, he wasn't always like this. Which is how we can tell this is a choice.

He's made his, I've made mine. There can be no healing between us, perhaps. But we can heal individually. And the best path toward that for us, is to just ignore.

:peace:

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 8:18 pm 
Gone

So the entire premise of your thread is built on a lie?

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 8:42 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

verb_to_trust wrote:

lol

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 8:43 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

epilogue wrote:
I can't pretend to know what someone I've not met irl has been through in their lives. But it must be something nightmarish to need to insist that a genuine gesture of good faith healing is nothing but a scam. I'd say it's sad and I'd probably feel some level of empathy for their situation if that person wasn't verb. Who does not deserve our empathy or understanding.

But I think even he can heal. In fact, I remember a time when he wasn't so far up his own ass that he was fun to post with. I'm not sure if it was r2d's meltdown and perma-ban that did it, or my blocking him on Strava, but it started before Covid, so it's not as simple as that. Whatever the cause, he wasn't always like this. Which is how we can tell this is a choice.

He's made his, I've made mine. There can be no healing between us, perhaps. But we can heal individually. And the best path toward that for us, is to just ignore.

This is a pretty condescending post

"He must have been through something nightmarish"

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 8:45 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Verb is just ideologically possessed. It sucks but yeah. Hopefully he will get through his right wing phase but who knows.

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 8:45 pm 
Gone

Dev wrote:
epilogue wrote:

Who would actually accept an apology from this guy? So phoney!

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 8:47 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

And my point about shtick was because this supposedly serious thread devolved into shtick immediately and Joey participated in that joking. So this actually is about Joey misinterpreting my comment again.

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 8:52 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

verb_to_trust wrote:
Dev wrote:
epilogue wrote:

It's just hard to accept an apology from someone who has just brutalized for apparently no reason. I was finally having fun posting again and then Joey brought up our decade old fight and that gave Soma an excuse to go more incel on me etc. It all compounded into making posting here kinda shitty again. So now I make less content again and more posting time is spent engaging in these battles rather than having fun banter with people like tree_. For that matter, the people who enjoy my sillier posting need to help me maintain order on the board against the incels. Like I think if everyone who thought Soma was trash spoke up when he was acting like trash it would deter him. But he just hears me telling him what he is so he delusionally believes in what he is doing.

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 8:58 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

verb_to_trust wrote:

Not at all. The entire premise of this thread was to apologize to Dev. To make an effort to move on and repair the relationship I'd damaged.

And then, of course, to create a space to allow others to heal their relationships as well.

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 8:58 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Dev wrote:
epilogue wrote:

I have no problem condescending to verb.

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 9:01 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Dev wrote:
And my point about shtick was because this supposedly serious thread devolved into shtick immediately and Joey participated in that joking. So this actually is about Joey misinterpreting my comment again.

I apologize for misinterpreting your posts, Dev. That's on me.

I'm curious, though, where you see me participating in joking in this thread? Either I'm forgetting a post or we're not on the same page here. Which might explain why we can't find common ground here.

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 9:01 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

It's funny Durden when people have ganged up on you and it was bullshit I did not pile on and even stood up for you. But I think you have ALWAYS allowed me to take the brunt of all abuse coming my way because of our personal differences. And honestly THAT is my problem with you.

And more recently how your actions effected my experience here.

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 9:02 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Dev wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Dev wrote:
epilogue wrote:

It's just hard to accept an apology from someone who has just brutalized for apparently no reason. I was finally having fun posting again and then Joey brought up our decade old fight and that gave Soma an excuse to go more incel on me etc. It all compounded into making posting here kinda shitty again. So now I make less content again and more posting time is spent engaging in these battles rather than having fun banter with people like tree_. For that matter, the people who enjoy my sillier posting need to help me maintain order on the board against the incels. Like I think if everyone who thought Soma was trash spoke up when he was acting like trash it would deter him. But he just hears me telling him what he is so he delusionally believes in what he is doing.

Soma gave me an apology not that long ago and I really appreciated it. I credit that with healing our (his and mine) RM relationship.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo