The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo

Post subject: Describe your neighbors IN DETAIL
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 7:20 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

The only current neighbor in my building is a total shut-in that looks like Vaush and get all his food delivered. I haven't seen him leave his apartment this year. Weird dude.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Post subject: Re: Describe your neighbors IN DETAIL
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 7:24 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Dead

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 8:03 pm 
The Master

I have lots of neighbors, but the main ones are:

The high strung city neighbor whose service dog recently died, and who less recently finally stopped asking us to chop down one of our trees because the leaves would fall onto her deck. When she has issue with another condo owner’s behavior, she emails them directly and cc’s every other owner, then the HOA board has to walk things back a bit to regain overall harmony in the complex. She was on the board for a time, but resigned because it was too stressful (it’s not). She’s nice though, and we have pleasant conversations when we run into each other.

The other is a couple in their 60s, who have lived on our lake for several decades. In fact, the husband is informally the mayor of the lake, and took it upon himself to introduce us to several other neighbors, which was really nice. He’s also been very helpful with learning the ropes of lake life. One of the nicest, most genuine people I’ve ever met.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 8:08 pm 
Gone

A couple who both work as civil engineers. They have twins that are like 1 or 2. They are gone a lot and currently in Alabama for work until July. The other is a retired couple. He mows a lot of yards in the neighborhood, but not mine, I do mine. I feel like out of the three houses, mine is the nicest.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 8:17 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

young couple in their 30s next door..they mostly keep to themselves with their 2 dogs..nice people..he recently got a golf cart to tool around town in..she's a school teacher i think..they have been there for about a year..they also surf and are active

across the street..has a noisy ass mustang that he revs the engine every morning at 430 when he leaves for work..i have never met him..he gets home everyday around 230 and always carry's in a pizza or a bag a fast food and never seen again until the next morning when he leaves..

cool couple on the other side..she's pregnant for the first time..both in their 30s as well and work from home..they travel a lot and he surfs most days as well..they are leaving for the orca islands tomorrow for a couple weeks..

also, the wives are smoking hot

i forgot about the neighbors 2 doors down that we hang out with most of the time...late 40s, early 50s..he's a 787 pilot for united and she shaves and waxes womens privates,,he and i hang outside and drink and play golf every now and then

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 8:30 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

One of my neighbors is a redhead named MJ, so that's easy to remember. She's alright but her dog is a piece of shit.

Another one is friendly and has a friendly dog, but she has a big hairy mole on her arm.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 8:31 pm 

spike wrote:

The high strung city neighbor whose service dog recently died, and who less recently finally stopped asking us to chop down one of our trees because the leaves would fall onto her deck. When she has issue with another condo owner’s behavior, she emails them directly and cc’s every other owner, then the HOA board has to walk things back a bit to regain overall harmony in the complex. She was on the board for a time, but resigned because it was too stressful (it’s not). She’s nice though, and we have pleasant conversations when we run into each other.

The other is a couple in their 60s, who have lived on our lake for several decades. In fact, the husband is informally the mayor of the lake, and took it upon himself to introduce us to several other neighbors, which was really nice. He’s also been very helpful with learning the ropes of lake life. One of the nicest, most genuine people I’ve ever met.

Mods please change Spike's badge thingy to "Mayor of the Lake"

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 8:51 pm 
The Master

doug rr wrote:
young couple in their 30s next door..they mostly keep to themselves with their 2 dogs..nice people..he recently got a golf cart to tool around town in..she's a school teacher i think..they have been there for about a year..they also surf and are active

across the street..has a noisy ass mustang that he revs the engine every morning at 430 when he leaves for work..i have never met him..he gets home everyday around 230 and always carry's in a pizza or a bag a fast food and never seen again until the next morning when he leaves..

cool couple on the other side..she's pregnant for the first time..both in their 30s as well and work from home..they travel a lot and he surfs most days as well..they are leaving for the orca islands tomorrow for a couple weeks..

i forgot about the neighbors 2 doors down that we hang out with most of the time...late 40s, early 50s..he's a 787 pilot for united and she shaves and waxes womens privates,,he and i hang outside and drink and play golf every now and then

Lots of lake people in our subdivision have golf carts to tool around in as well… including the mayor of the lake and his wife. I kinda want one - mainly to take the family to the beach on the peninsula that’s just a bit too far to walk and back on a hot day - but my wife is strongly against it.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 8:52 pm 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
spike wrote:

Mods please change Spike's badge thingy to "Mayor of the Lake"

I’ll take that over “high strung city neighbor.”

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 9:03 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

spike wrote:
doug rr wrote:

Lots of lake people in our subdivision have golf carts to tool around in as well… including the mayor of the lake and his wife. I kinda want one - mainly to take the family to the beach on the peninsula that’s just a bit too far to walk and back on a hot day - but my wife is strongly against it.

i want one too..we're in the same boat

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 9:06 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

My next-door neighbors are campers that only come during summer holidays sometimes. I don’t really talk to them ever so I can’t really describe them

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 9:09 pm 
The Master

doug rr wrote:
spike wrote:
doug rr wrote:

To take to the pub and back, amirite?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 9:11 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

spike wrote:
doug rr wrote:
spike wrote:
doug rr wrote:

and trader joes

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 9:42 pm 
The Master

doug rr wrote:
spike wrote:
doug rr wrote:
spike wrote:
doug rr wrote:

and trader joes

I think I may make a TJ’s run in the morning. Give their bourbon another go.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 9:45 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

spike wrote:
doug rr wrote:
spike wrote:
doug rr wrote:
spike wrote:
doug rr wrote:

and trader joes

I think I may make a TJ’s run in the morning. Give their bourbon another go.

nice..im headed there tomorrow morning as well..stocking up to take to a palm springs rental on sunday...a trunk full of alcohol and fruit

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 11:40 pm 
Major Dude

doug rr wrote:

On the plus side, his diet pretty much ensures he’ll go the way of Mickey’s neighbors sooner rather than later.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 12:56 am 
Major Dude

Standing on the front porch facing ahead, to the left are a couple in their 30s. They’re ok. She’s kinda cute. They have 3 kids, 2 boys and younger sister. Whenever we wave at the boys they just look at us like we’re from another planet. The little girl is sweet. She’s very sweet. The dad is a lawyer who’s out of town a lot and she homeschools the kids.

On the other side is a 60-something widow that just moved in last summer. She yells at us all the time because she think the black cat going thru her yard is ours because it’s black. We have a black cat but it never goes outside.

Directly across the street is an old Vietnam vet that has the ambulance there to pick him up about twice a week. He has three Yorkies that are just adorable. He has some people that come by and check on him that are around our age, but I don’t know if they’re his kids or not. Ol’ Jim comes and checks in on him often as well.

Two houses down to the right from this old guy is Ol’ Jim. Anything you put to the curb that he might, just might be able to use, Ol’ Jim will get it before the city picks it up.

I really don’t know anyone else on the street.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 1:01 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Neighbor to the left is an older Mexican widow. Her four adult sons help her keep her house in order with yardwork, repairs, etc. As is the case with a lot of Mexican families, their family network is HUGE and this house is the place for family get togethers. These happen every weekend, twice on holiday weekends. Wednesday is haircut day there so that's a party too. The family really looked after us when we first moved in and my wife was pregnant. They continue to have our back. The guys all drink Michelob Ultra exclusively and always offer me one. However, they never accept any that I offer them.

Family to the right is another Mexican family who has yard sales every weekend. They have two girls, one about my son's age (2 1/2) and the other around 6 or 7. They mess with our dog a lot and I have to remind them that he doesn't like all the bones and balls they throw at him through the fence (he does though...) from the various weekend cookouts they have. Everyone in my neighborhood has so many get togethers. The dad of this family is a good dude, but he got in a little trouble with the law about a year ago where he got drunk at one of their family get togethers, went for a beer run, hit some cars on the street, made it back home, then evaded arrest for about three hours while officers camped outside his house with guns drawn. I believe he was sleeping it off until he was ready to be arrested, probably to avoid harsh DWI charges. Hasn't really been the same withe that family and us since, but they still give us food and we still bake their girls cookies from time to time.

Neighbor across the street from me was an 90 year old man who I found unconscious at the foot of his stoop one afternoon from a fall. He died at the hospital I later found out.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 1:05 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

do you ever buy anything from their yard sales? i think i would feel weird buying something from a neighbor...

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 1:09 am 
Major Dude

doug rr wrote:
do you ever buy anything from their yard sales? i think i would feel weird buying something from a neighbor...

No, but we did get a nice big mirror from someone a street over. It’s hanging over the mantle in the dining room. Got it for $8.

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo