The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 80  Next
 Post subject: Re: The New & Unproved Work/Job/Career Thread
PostPosted: Fri June 17, 2022 1:58 pm 
Major Dude

Please calm down.

PostPosted: Fri June 17, 2022 2:37 pm 
The Master

He has a point. Are you worried about what this person who you’ll never meet thinks of your personally? Cuz otherwise, they’re simply asking for too much money. Open and shut.

PostPosted: Fri June 17, 2022 2:50 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Let them think what they’re gonna think, that’s their issue. It’s out of your control.

If it still weighs on you, schedule a phone screen and focus on the salary, and let them decide if it’s something they want to pursue. But only if you think they’re a possible good employee.

PostPosted: Fri June 17, 2022 2:56 pm 
mXn

I’ll spare you the context but I was recently asked how I would incorporate DEI into pay levels and I said that I would not. The job is the job.

PostPosted: Fri June 17, 2022 3:14 pm 
Major Dude

spike wrote:
He has a point. Are you worried about what this person who you’ll never meet thinks of your personally? Cuz otherwise, they’re simply asking for too much money. Open and shut.

No, not me personally. I’ll never have contact with the person. Just don’t want them to think that was the reason they were turned down.

PostPosted: Fri June 17, 2022 3:15 pm 
Major Dude

bodysnatcher wrote:
Let them think what they’re gonna think, that’s their issue. It’s out of your control.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri June 17, 2022 3:17 pm 
Major Dude

Bammer wrote:
I’ll spare you the context but I was recently asked how I would incorporate DEI into pay levels and I said that I would not. The job is the job.

Why would that be worked into pay levels? In what way would they expect it to be?

PostPosted: Fri June 17, 2022 4:16 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Yeah I’m curious about that too bammer

PostPosted: Fri June 17, 2022 4:29 pm 
mXn

wease wrote:
spike wrote:

No, not me personally. I’ll never have contact with the person. Just don’t want them to think that was the reason they were turned down.

Man they really got their claws into you.

PostPosted: Fri June 17, 2022 4:31 pm 
mXn

wease wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Why would that be worked into pay levels? In what way would they expect it to be?

It was about paying a higher amount so that the job would be attractive to a more diverse candidate pool. Basically paying FT salary and full benefits package for a PT job.

(There are plenty of people interested in the job, this is not for lack of interest)

PostPosted: Fri June 17, 2022 4:39 pm 
Major Dude

Bammer wrote:
wease wrote:
Bammer wrote:

It was about paying a higher amount so that the job would be attractive to a more diverse candidate pool. Basically paying FT salary and full benefits package for a PT job.

(There are plenty of people interested in the job, this is not for lack of interest)

More money isn’t going to attract a more diverse pool of applicants. It would more than likely attract a larger pool but I would T think it would be more diverse.

PostPosted: Fri June 17, 2022 4:44 pm 
mXn

wease wrote:
Bammer wrote:
wease wrote:
Bammer wrote:

More money isn’t going to attract a more diverse pool of applicants. It would more than likely attract a larger pool but I would T think it would be more diverse.

Again my answer was that I wouldn’t support this idea to incorporate DEI into pay scale.

PostPosted: Fri June 17, 2022 4:46 pm 
mXn

The idea actually makes a little bit of sense on one hand if you had the full context, but on the much stronger other hand it’s a part time job that commands part time pay.

You don’t pay more than the work is worth, period.

PostPosted: Fri June 17, 2022 5:04 pm 
Major Dude

Bammer wrote:
wease wrote:
Bammer wrote:
wease wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Again my answer was that I wouldn’t support this idea to incorporate DEI into pay scale.

Right. I was explaining my agreement with you.

PostPosted: Fri June 17, 2022 5:19 pm 
mXn

wease wrote:
Bammer wrote:
wease wrote:
Bammer wrote:
wease wrote:
Bammer wrote:

So you can sleep at night after passing on that applicant you’re all wound up about.

PostPosted: Fri June 17, 2022 6:10 pm 
Major Dude

Bammer wrote:
wease wrote:
Bammer wrote:
wease wrote:
Bammer wrote:
wease wrote:
Bammer wrote:

So you can sleep at night after passing on that applicant you’re all wound up about.

Oh, I slept just fine.

PostPosted: Fri June 17, 2022 6:22 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Man, between Wease's "I don't want this applicant to think I'm transphobic" and Ruddo's "I will burn my own corneas off before I turn my head in the general direction of a lady in a swimsuit" I'm starting to think some of you have issues

PostPosted: Fri June 17, 2022 6:29 pm 
mXn

wease wrote:
Bammer wrote:
wease wrote:
Bammer wrote:
wease wrote:
Bammer wrote:
wease wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Oh, I slept just fine.

Bro you posted like ten sentences about the internal conflict you’re having over it.

Pitch the fucking resumé and move on.

PostPosted: Fri June 17, 2022 6:37 pm 
Major Dude

Bammer wrote:
wease wrote:
Bammer wrote:
wease wrote:
Bammer wrote:
wease wrote:
Bammer wrote:
wease wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Oh, I slept just fine.

Bro you posted like ten sentences about the internal conflict you’re having over it.

Pitch the fucking resumé and move on.

I did exactly that this morning. I appreciate your counsel.

PostPosted: Fri June 17, 2022 6:41 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Jorge wrote:
Man, between Wease's "I don't want this applicant to think I'm transphobic" and Ruddo's "I will burn my own corneas off before I turn my head in the general direction of a lady in a swimsuit" I'm starting to think some of you have issues

In my defense, my scenario involved a different demographic than what daft twat originally mentioned. If they were my wife's friends out there in bikinis I would be out there no question.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 80  Next

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo