The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo

Post subject: Re: Doug RR's Daily Banana Facts
PostPosted: Wed August 31, 2022 5:17 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

96583UP wrote:
dad wrote:
96583UP wrote:
i eat one banana every morning

how ripened do you let the bananas get?

i like them regular yellow, but will eat up to the point where when you open it and it smells fermented

i can take a little fermenty spots, but prefer not the whole thing

There's a bug in the bottom ya know

PostPosted: Fri April 07, 2023 12:22 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Don't rush it...

There’s something so very friendly and edible about a banana, from its helpfully tubular design to its yielding texture to its mild and alkaline flavor; something so easy, you just want to shove it into your face. It could be astronaut food, almost: a specially engineered, hygienically sealed nutrition cylinder in high-visibility yellow. Slurp it down, Major Tom. Reset your potassium levels and get back to your Martian rock samples. The peel will float off, anemone-like, in zero gravity.

But to slurp it down, to eat it heedlessly, is to waste the banana. It’s to waste, first of all, the duration of a banana. Are you, like me, a wistful nonsmoker? Do you envy the smokers their philosophical interludes, their moments of drifting peace? Then eating a banana, slowly and reflectively, is the closest thing you’re going to get to a cigarette break. Except better, because you can do it on public transportation.

There’s an orthodox, old-school surrealism to the banana: its cartoon yellowness, its absurd curvature, the fact that when we think about a banana, we think about it upside down. The banana grows upward, doesn’t it, jostling for sunlight with its fellows—but in our mind, we reverse it. We put its broken stem on top, like a nose or a little horn, and so we create a strangeness around the banana. We put it in banana quotes.

But the banana is not, or not just, a free-floating, self-signifying object. It is fragile and organic: There are processes at work inside the banana. If battered or neglected, it will flush an angry dark brown. It will become its shadow. It should be a tarot card, one of the big ones: the Fool, the Hanged Man, and the Black Banana. Pull that card and change your life.

And you don’t want to waste the taste, either—the cordial blandness of a banana. Me, I like a mottled one. The greener end of the spectrum is too fibrous and anxious for me. Green bananas squeak when you peel them. I like a deep, mature yellow, with sunspots. That’s a fulfilled banana, a mellow banana, a banana that’s been around the block. It’s loaded with the sugars of experience. It’s in the last blaze of its bananahood. Enjoy me now, it says with its banana grin. I was created for your pleasure.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... as/673496/

PostPosted: Wed April 19, 2023 2:35 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Thu August 03, 2023 9:03 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/banana-before-bed

PostPosted: Thu August 03, 2023 9:58 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

bodysnatcher wrote: