The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1081 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 55  Next
 Post subject: Re: RMers with kids
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 2:22 am 
Major Dude

spike wrote:
wease wrote:
spike wrote:
dad wrote:
spike wrote:
I just got my first unprompted, genuine “love you” from my daughter. Calling 911 now cuz my heart is literally melting.

the absolute best feeling.

She already had me in the palm of her hand. I see now that this is how it happens…

You’re doomed.

You’re enjoying this, aren’t you!

Very much. Only because I’m you in 10-12 years.

PostPosted: Tue June 06, 2023 7:55 pm 
The Master

My kid has taken to napping on the floor of her room right by the door. Is this common?

PostPosted: Tue June 06, 2023 7:59 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

spike wrote:
My kid has taken to napping on the floor of her room right by the door. Is this common?

does she start there or in her bed?

when my kids were toddlers and napping or nighttime sleep...i would sometimes find them asleep on floor in the hallway. like they'd attempted to come visit and gave up and laid down.

PostPosted: Tue June 06, 2023 8:07 pm 
The Master

dad wrote:
spike wrote:

when my kids were toddlers and napping or nighttime sleep...i would sometimes find them asleep on floor in the hallway. like they'd attempted to come visit and gave up and laid down.

Sometimes starts in her bed, sometimes somewhere else on the floor then gravitates to the door. I’d say it’s her wanting out of the room or to come see me, but she knows how to open the door herself so nothing’s stopping her. I guess maybe she’s cool with a nap but wants to be as close to us as possible?

PostPosted: Tue June 06, 2023 8:14 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

spike wrote:
dad wrote:
spike wrote:

Sometimes starts in her bed, sometimes somewhere else on the floor then gravitates to the door. I’d say it’s her wanting out of the room or to come see me, but she knows how to open the door herself so nothing’s stopping her. I guess maybe she’s cool with a nap but wants to be as close to us as possible?

it's 100% her wanting to see you or your wife. they grow out of it.

that's one of those things that hits you when she's older and not doing it anymore, like holding her for instance...you don't think "This is the last time I'm going to hold my kid." it just happens, and you're like....damn...where did that time go.

PostPosted: Tue June 06, 2023 8:17 pm 
The Master

dad wrote:
spike wrote:
dad wrote:
spike wrote:

it's 100% her wanting to see you or your wife. they grow out of it.

that's one of those things that hits you when she's older and not doing it anymore, like holding her for instance...you don't think "This is the last time I'm going to hold my kid." it just happens, and you're like....damn...where did that time go.

My chronic tennis elbow is okay with this. She’s always been a big child.

But yeah, I know what you mean. She’s been in a cuddly, asking to sit on my lap phase this week, and it’s super special since she’s usually always on the go.

PostPosted: Tue June 06, 2023 9:56 pm 
The Master

I made sure to maximize the "holding/snuggling" phase with the second born, but it still went by way too fast and I miss it. He doesn't even want to sit on my lap during storytime anymore. He prefers to sit next to me.

PostPosted: Wed June 07, 2023 11:12 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

My 23 year old son just got home from work and I happened to be sitting out front. Made a point of giving him a hell big hug. I might have picked him up for the last time but I sure as shit am gonna keep those cuddles going as long as I can.

PostPosted: Wed June 07, 2023 11:23 am 
Posting (live)

My 12 yo just called me in to the bathroom while he's taking a shit to ask me to look at his knob. He took offence that I didn't want to smell his shit, see his shit nor look at his knob.

PostPosted: Wed June 07, 2023 11:35 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Our body truly is a wonderland.

PostPosted: Wed June 07, 2023 3:28 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I'm grateful that I can still pick up my eight-year-old daughter!

PostPosted: Wed June 14, 2023 6:51 pm 
The Master

Might keep this in mind.

PostPosted: Wed June 14, 2023 6:54 pm 
Production Police

holy shit is that wease

PostPosted: Wed June 14, 2023 7:03 pm 
The Master

PostPosted: Wed June 14, 2023 8:00 pm 
Major Dude

tragabigzanda wrote:
holy shit is that wease

Too tall for wease

PostPosted: Wed July 19, 2023 1:35 pm 
mXn

There are tryouts for select baseball next week.

The coach called me last night encouraging my kids to try out.

One of them is probably good enough to make the team, the other I don’t personally think so. They love it equally and it will be very awkward if one makes it and the other doesn’t. They are only 7 years old and this seems a little early for select sports in my opinion. A big part of me sees it as a money grab by these select sports organizations and ultimately you don’t necessarily have a team with the 12 best players but rather a combination of some of the best players and others who are the one that have parents willing to pay for it.

If the better one makes the team but the other doesn’t, he said he wouldn’t play. That very sweet of him but I don’t want him to lose out on anything he has earned for the sake of his brother. I’m also concerned about a blow to the other one’s confidence. This is tricky with twins. I think the coach probably views them as a package deal and would include both if he has room, or leave both off even if the better one is good enough.

PostPosted: Wed July 19, 2023 1:45 pm 
The Master

If it’s all ultimately a money grab, just grease the appropriate palms to ensure they’re both on the squad.

PostPosted: Wed July 19, 2023 2:29 pm 
Major Dude

And it’s probable the coach thinks you’re not gonna let one play without the other, so odds are they’ll both make the team and you’ll have to pay for two rather than one.

PostPosted: Wed July 19, 2023 2:49 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

which one is better at hitting a slider?

PostPosted: Wed July 19, 2023 5:20 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Bammer wrote:
There are tryouts for select baseball next week.

The coach called me last night encouraging my kids to try out.

One of them is probably good enough to make the team, the other I don’t personally think so. They love it equally and it will be very awkward if one makes it and the other doesn’t. They are only 7 years old and this seems a little early for select sports in my opinion. A big part of me sees it as a money grab by these select sports organizations and ultimately you don’t necessarily have a team with the 12 best players but rather a combination of some of the best players and others who are the one that have parents willing to pay for it.

If the better one makes the team but the other doesn’t, he said he wouldn’t play. That very sweet of him but I don’t want him to lose out on anything he has earned for the sake of his brother. I’m also concerned about a blow to the other one’s confidence. This is tricky with twins. I think the coach probably views them as a package deal and would include both if he has room, or leave both off even if the better one is good enough.

you are headed down a very slippery slope here, so tread carefully. i can't tell you how many of my son's friends got into travel baseball on the ground floor and got so burned out by 8th grade that they wanted nothing to do with it come high school. it's sad really.

oh, and get used to the twins (you have twins, right?) doing things that exposes their relative strengths and weaknesses. my friend has twin freshman in the city where you either go to your crappy neighborhood high school or a select school that you have to test into. one kid got into his high school of choice, while the other did not. fun. it's reason no. 1 (among many) that we don't live in the city.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1081 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 55  Next

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo