The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1080 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 54  Next
 Post subject: Re: RMers with kids
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 3:36 am 
Production Police

Rangi Guy wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
So my 18 year old step-son was having a conversation with his mum and she asked what his plans are for next year. He's currently taking a gap year and working at a supermarket in the city. He told her that he's going to be an infuencer.....and something, something about being an entrepreneur

Where did we go so wrong?

Literally 1/3 my male freshmen business students

I think there's talk of him going to do Business next year.

I think it’s a pretty standard vision for young men these days. You should see the professional aspirations I get from these guys. Mostly variations on “I’m gonna be rich some day. Not sure how, but I’m gonna be able to ski and surf all year long and own houses in all the major outdoor recreation markets.”

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 3:44 am 
Mind Your Tanners

tragabigzanda wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
So my 18 year old step-son was having a conversation with his mum and she asked what his plans are for next year. He's currently taking a gap year and working at a supermarket in the city. He told her that he's going to be an infuencer.....and something, something about being an entrepreneur

Literally 1/3 my male freshmen business students

I think there's talk of him going to do Business next year.

I think it’s a pretty standard vision for young men these days. You should see the professional aspirations I get from these guys. Mostly variations on “I’m gonna be rich some day. Not sure how, but I’m gonna be able to ski and surf all year long and own houses in all the major outdoor recreation markets.”

That whole mind-set makes me sad.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 3:49 am 
Production Police

It’s fine. I wanted to be a rock star at 18. Don’t be too hard on him. Constant, gentle affirmation of reality. He’ll come around.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 2:00 pm 
mXn

Rangi Guy wrote:

Well it started on March 22, 2013.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 4:19 pm 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:

Well it started on March 22, 2013.

When My Chemical Romance broke up?

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 11:13 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Wild to think it, but my kid's closer to three than two now and he's entering a really fun, playful phase. Insisted on wearing a paper tiger mask all the way to his daycare classroom this morning for no apparent reason. He finds bugs in the backyard and offers them water from his sippy cup. He hops like a frog at random times. Just having the time of his life.

The other day, he was throwing an absolute fit because we let our dog out in the morning, wouldn't come to the table for breakfast until my wife and started playing with his trucks incorrectly, making the wrong sounds, making them drive backwards, etc. He snapped out of his fit and came running to breakfast so fast :haha:

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 1:46 pm 
The Master

washing machine wrote:
Wild to think it, but my kid's closer to three than two now and he's entering a really fun, playful phase. Insisted on wearing a paper tiger mask all the way to his daycare classroom this morning for no apparent reason. He finds bugs in the backyard and offers them water from his sippy cup. He hops like a frog at random times. Just having the time of his life.

The other day, he was throwing an absolute fit because we let our dog out in the morning, wouldn't come to the table for breakfast until my wife and started playing with his trucks incorrectly, making the wrong sounds, making them drive backwards, etc. He snapped out of his fit and came running to breakfast so fast :haha:

Every stage is fun, but you're entering into some really good times. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 2:09 pm 
Major Dude

Monkey_Driven wrote:
washing machine wrote:

Every stage is fun, but you're entering into some really good times. :thumbsup:

3-5 is the best stage.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 2:22 pm 
The Master

2 has been lots of fun, so can’t wait for 3-5.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 3:05 pm 
The Master

My oldest turns 5 tomorrow. He's starts Kindergarten this fall and is shooting hoops on a 7.5 foot rim. The cliche is so true about things going too fast.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 8:38 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Monkey_Driven wrote:
My oldest turns 5 tomorrow. He's starts Kindergarten this fall and is shooting hoops on a 7.5 foot rim. The cliche is so true about things going too fast.

When did he start playing catch? Or has that happened yet? I would never force any activity on my child, but I secretly really want to see him catch a ball. Just one of those things

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 8:49 pm 
The Master

washing machine wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

When did he start playing catch? Or has that happened yet? I would never force any activity on my child, but I secretly really want to see him catch a ball. Just one of those things

We started rolling balls back and forth at a very young age (around a year). He's an active, athletic kid so he's drawn to activities where he can move. We started playing catch with an actual football or baseball within the past year or so. He wasn't coordinated to catch consistently before then, but could throw fine. I put absolutely no pressure on him when it comes to sports. Both his mother and I are not athletic at all, nor do we want to be those parents that are driving to multiple states a month in pursuit of some junior college athletic scholarship.

Playing catch after work is fantastic. Would recommend to anyone.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 8:54 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Monkey_Driven wrote:
washing machine wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

We started rolling balls back and forth at a very young age (around a year). He's an active, athletic kid so he's drawn to activities where he can move. We started playing catch with an actual football or baseball within the past year or so. He wasn't coordinated to catch consistently before then, but could throw fine. I put absolutely no pressure on him when it comes to sports. Both his mother and I are not athletic at all, nor do we want to be those parents that are driving to multiple states a month in pursuit of some junior college athletic scholarship.

Playing catch after work is fantastic. Would recommend to anyone.

:thumbsup:

Definitely not about the actual athleticism for me. Wasn't when I did it with my dad and it won't be if I get to regularly throw with my son. It's about the back-and-forth, the connection, time spent doing something in sync, etc. Rolling objects on the floor sounds like a good way to kick it off.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 9:30 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Our youngest is off at her first day of school today. She turned 5 last Thursday and was supposed to start on Monday, but then her sister got Covid....then she got a cold....She was well enough to go yesterday, but decided to hold off today when her sister had finished isollating so they could go together

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 3:39 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

My dude is on day 4 of being flu-positive and he is HATING it. He's getting better in small increments, but he's discovered the "eat shit and die" face this morning and he's scary good at it. I can tell he just wants this to be done. Poor little man.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 3:56 pm 
mXn

Our little league team has now had more rain outs (4) than games played (3). Fuck this.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 5:15 pm 
Production Police

Get them into roller derby

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 6:12 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

the twins are officially sixth-graders starting this fall. i'm so proud of my dudes.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 6:22 pm 
mXn

Wow and I thought my twins looked different

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 6:25 pm 
Production Police

But you're not proud of them for their crummy artwork, right?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1080 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 54  Next

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo