The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1080 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 54  Next
 Post subject: Re: RMers with kids
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 3:42 am 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
It’s mostly about the coaching style trending more toward having fun while leaning the game, and less rules / drill sergeant’ish.

if a kid shows up masked, do you berate them?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 3:42 am 
mXn

spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:
It’s mostly about the coaching style trending more toward having fun while leaning the game, and less rules / drill sergeant’ish.

They know not to

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 3:44 am 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:

They know not to

because you berated them?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 3:44 am 
mXn

spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:

They know not to

They just know

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 3:45 am 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:

They know not to

They just know

how do they know?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 3:47 am 
mXn

spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:

They know not to

They just know

how do they know?

They are smart kids

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 3:48 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

With the recent school shooting in Texas do any of you RM parents worry about your kids when you drop them off at school that they won't make it home?

Or is it one of those things that there's no point thinking about as you can't do much about it anyway.

Does it change any behaviour for you as a parent?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 3:50 am 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:

They know not to

They just know

how do they know?

They are smart kids

so this was just you posting like a tough guy?

Bammer wrote:
Then a buddy joked I should be the HEAD coach so I could promote a no mask policy. So I did. And he’s assisting.

But now that I really think about it, we chose to coach together so we could have normal conversations with each other without some of the other woke snowflake parents interrupting.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 3:51 am 
Gone

Bammer wrote:

And LBQTQ*$&&@&#&$- talks?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 3:53 am 
Gone

Higgs wrote:
With the recent school shooting in Texas do any of you RM parents worry about your kids when you drop them off at school that they won't make it home?

Or is it one of those things that there's no point thinking about as you can't do much about it anyway.

These guys mostly send their kids to private schools

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 3:53 am 
mXn

Higgs wrote:

I could never imagine it happening at our school. Though I know our school is as at risk as any other school. It only takes one psycho and that psycho could be anywhere.

I guess I don’t view it any differently than going to the mall, grocery store, football game, or any other place where a shooting could happen.

Very unlikely. Yet still possible. Not enough to make me crawl away and hide for the rest of my life.

My kids did kinda ask about it last night. All I could tell them is if anything like that ever happens they need to run away and hide.

When you see about these shootings it really does make you hug your kids a little longer that day.

Guns are for pussies.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 3:55 am 
mXn

spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:

They know not to

They just know

how do they know?

They are smart kids

Bammer wrote:
Then a buddy joked I should be the HEAD coach so I could promote a no mask policy. So I did. And he’s assisting.

But now that I really think about it, we chose to coach together so we could have normal conversations with each other without some of the other woke snowflake parents interrupting.

Mask mandate was over by the time the season started.

Back during hoops season head coach missed a practice, so I led practice and did not wear a mask. Most of the kids had theirs resting below their noses or down at their chins and I didn’t say anything. You might not believe this but every single one of us is actually still alive.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 3:56 am 
The Master

verb_to_trust wrote:
Higgs wrote:

i'm beginning to think you're poorer than lenny

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 3:57 am 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:

They know not to

They just know

how do they know?

They are smart kids

Bammer wrote:

Back during hoops season head coach missed a practice, so I led practice and did not wear a mask. Most of the kids had theirs resting below their noses or down at their chins and I didn’t say anything. You might not believe this but every single one of us is actually still alive.

so why'd you have to promote a no mask policy?

mXn

It’s almost all the same kids on the baseball team as the basketball team. To a (wo)man, the parents like me exponentially better. This is my key to winning the city council seat.

Gone

spike wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Higgs wrote:

i'm beginning to think you're poorer than lenny

I live comfortably homie. Thanks for your concern. Probably get another nice raise this year.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 3:58 am 
mXn

spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:

They know not to

They just know

how do they know?

They are smart kids

Bammer wrote:

so why'd you have to promote a no mask policy?

Coaching registration was when mandate was still in effect. Try and keep up dude.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 4:16 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Bammer wrote:
My kids did kinda ask about it last night. All I could tell them is if anything like that ever happens they need to run away and hide.

What do your kids think about it all though? Is there any concern from them that they could find themselves running away from a bad man with a gun?

I personally have an irrational fear of getting caught in a tsunami but I'm a grown man who can reason and mitigate those worries. Young kids haven't necessarily got those abilities.

What I'm asking I guess is are your kids scared? Or are guns and school massacres just an accepted part of their possibilities within their everyday life do you think?

Or is it something they just don't think about at all?

I remember when I was in year 9 at school there was a stabbing at the school down the road. A jealous ex boyfriend killed his former girlfriend at school. It was shocking and really affected all us school kids at the time. But it was a true one-off. 35 years later and I'm not aware of anything really similar happening since.

But with your kids it's different. They know there will continue to be these school shootings on a regular schedule, many a year. Nothing changes. Do you think it affects them?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 4:21 am 
mXn

Higgs wrote:
Bammer wrote:

What do your kids think about it all though? Is there any concern from them that they could find themselves running away from a bad man with a gun?

I personally have an irrational fear of getting caught in a tsunami but I'm a grown man who can reason and mitigate those worries. Young kids haven't necessarily got those abilities.

What I'm asking I guess is are your kids scared? Or are guns and school massacres just an accepted part of their possibilities within their everyday life do you think?

Or is it something they just don't think about at all?

I remember when I was in year 9 at school there was a stabbing at the school down the road. A jealous ex boyfriend killed his former girlfriend at school. It was shocking and really affected all us school kids at the time. But it was a true one-off. 35 years later and I'm not aware of anything really similar happening since.

But with your kids it's different. They know there will continue to be these school shootings on a regular schedule, many a year. Nothing changes. Do you think it affects them?

Not yet. Only six years old. Would be different I’m sure if they were like ten. So time will tell.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 1:09 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Higgs wrote:

Yes, and I will always remember this Uvalde one as the one that broke me. The one that feels the most real.

We had just dropped off our son at his grandparents for two nights and headed to San Antonio for my wife's birthday getaway when the news broke. These were her first two nights away from him since he was born in 2019. We didn't say anything to each other about it (the shooting) for the first day and then on the way to breakfast yesterday we just broke down and bawled to each other on the sidewalk. We let it all out. We were so ready to see him today when we got back home.

He attends a private daycare that goes all the way to elementary and secondary school. Not that it makes a difference. We vowed this week to build our lives around keeping him in this school. Again, not that it matters. Feels so helpless.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1080 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 54  Next

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo