The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1080 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 54  Next
 Post subject: RMers with kids
PostPosted: Thu April 07, 2022 8:52 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

If someone had told me 6 years ago that the most common phrase out my mouth would be 'Do you need to go toilet?' I would have laughed at them, but here we are

Last edited by Rangi Guy on Thu April 07, 2022 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: RMers with kids
PostPosted: Thu April 07, 2022 9:00 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Rangi Guy wrote:
If someone had told me 6 years ago that the most common phrase out my mouth would be 'Do you need to go tiolet?' I would have laughed at them, but here we are

Reminds me of a time before we had our youngest; my wife and I were at Ihop and this dad in the booth behind us yells, "Dammit Timmy, STOP licking your sister!!". I laughed so hard and remembered thinking to myself, "what a crazy thing to have to say to your kid." Little did I know how necessary that phrase would be in about three or four years........

PostPosted: Fri April 08, 2022 5:25 am 
10Club Complaint Department

The phrase I uttered that made me reconsider it all was “stop kicking the fridge!”

PostPosted: Fri April 08, 2022 1:38 pm 
The Master

I realize im just too selfish for kids. I mean, mostly, that i dont want to have to work my job that hard just to keep everything afloat. I'd be a great dad and i would certainly have no problem adjusting my life to raising a kid - other than work.

I like that when work dries up (real estate is often feast or famine) that i dont have to freak out and panic about where the next paycheck might come from. I dont think i could handle that if i had kids.

Good on you moms and dads for figuring it out.

Phew!

PostPosted: Fri April 08, 2022 2:11 pm 
Major Dude

Who says we figured it out?

PostPosted: Fri April 08, 2022 2:20 pm 
The Master

You’re doing it AND still posting on RM.

PostPosted: Fri April 08, 2022 3:09 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Strat wrote:
I realize im just too selfish for kids. I mean, mostly, that i dont want to have to work my job that hard just to keep everything afloat. I'd be a great dad and i would certainly have no problem adjusting my life to raising a kid - other than work.

I like that when work dries up (real estate is often feast or famine) that i dont have to freak out and panic about where the next paycheck might come from. I dont think i could handle that if i had kids.

Phew!

everyone thinks they're too selfish to have kids. that's where a lot of anxiety comes from leading up to actually having the kid. but once the kid comes, that's all suspended. you innately go about parenting without letting that selfishness interfere. to be sure, there are those that can't seem to get their shit together. but for the most part, everyone figures it out. you just find new things to be selfish about. you would make a great dad.

PostPosted: Fri April 08, 2022 3:11 pm 
The Master

Chris_H_2 wrote:
Strat wrote:

Phew!

everyone thinks they're too selfish to have kids. that's where a lot of anxiety comes from leading up to actually having the kid. but once the kid comes, that's all suspended. you innately go about parenting without letting that selfishness interfere. to be sure, there are those that can't seem to get their shit together. but for the most part, everyone figures it out. you just find new things to be selfish about. you would make a great dad.

Im speaking strictly with working. I dont want to work that much to keep the money flowing.

PostPosted: Fri April 08, 2022 3:13 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Strat wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Strat wrote:

Phew!

Im speaking strictly with working. I dont want to work that much to keep the money flowing.

no one does. it doesn't mean you're too selfish to have kids. you find ways to make it work and you make sacrifices.

PostPosted: Fri April 08, 2022 3:17 pm 
The Master

Yeah, when you have kids you can only afford to go to 1-2 PJ shows a year.

PostPosted: Fri April 08, 2022 3:27 pm 

there is no grand plan on when to have kids or what to do with them when you do.

and money is just a tool with or without them.

PostPosted: Fri April 08, 2022 9:08 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

My 6 year old daughter has decided that today is 'Dog's Day', she's been spending her online time this week looking for treats that we can make etc. Came down this morning and she's made a banner to hang up. Has made peanut butter and honey biscuits with mum for our dog. And is currently upstairs with her sister terrorizing our dog

PostPosted: Fri April 08, 2022 9:52 pm 
The Master

First swimming lesson today. Had to get in myself or it wasn’t going to happen.

Good times trying to get yourself and your kid dried and changed afterwards, before going out into the snow.

PostPosted: Fri April 08, 2022 10:24 pm 
The Master

spike wrote:

Good times trying to get yourself and your kid dried and changed afterwards, before going out into the snow.

:heartbeat: We've been doing this for about a year now. The part between getting her out of the pool and into her dry clothes is never not a disaster.

PostPosted: Sat April 09, 2022 2:06 am 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
spike wrote:

:heartbeat: We've been doing this for about a year now. The part between getting her out of the pool and into her dry clothes is never not a disaster.

We’ve opted for 1 on 1 lessons, so eventually, I won’t have to get in myself and it’ll be at least a little easier. Just gotta get there.

PostPosted: Sat April 09, 2022 3:21 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Our youngest had her first school visit yesterday. I know that she's more than ready for school. I'm not sure that I'm ready for her to be a school girl yet though

PostPosted: Sat April 09, 2022 3:42 am 
Rank This Poster

Rangi Guy wrote:
Our youngest had her first school visit yesterday. I know that she's more than ready for school. I'm not sure that I'm ready for her to be a school girl yet though

She'll be waving at you driving off on her P plates soon enough Rangi.

I hope her school life is enjoyable. Beware the evil that is a group of 12 year old school girls.

PostPosted: Tue April 12, 2022 7:56 pm 
The Master

My youngest turns 1 on Friday. How did that happen?

PostPosted: Tue April 12, 2022 7:57 pm 

Monkey_Driven wrote:
My youngest turns 1 on Friday. How did that happen?

try not to blink.

once you do they become teenagers.

PostPosted: Tue April 12, 2022 8:04 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

I am very much looking forward to my 5 month old consistently sleeping throughout the night. God damn.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1080 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 54  Next

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo