The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1081 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
 Post subject: Re: RMers with kids
PostPosted: Wed January 31, 2024 11:20 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

spike wrote:
Since we were both up most of the night, she just wrapped an epic nap and seems herself. Says she feels good, no fever, and hasn’t spewed since 8:30am or so. We’ll see what tonight brings, but perhaps out of the woods.

great news..you should take her out for a beer since mom is gone

PostPosted: Wed January 31, 2024 11:45 pm 
The Master

doug rr wrote:
spike wrote:
Since we were both up most of the night, she just wrapped an epic nap and seems herself. Says she feels good, no fever, and hasn’t spewed since 8:30am or so. We’ll see what tonight brings, but perhaps out of the woods.

great news..you should take her out for a beer since mom is gone

Maybe tomorrow night. Don’t wanna push it.

PostPosted: Thu February 01, 2024 1:12 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

My son's class was offered a break dancing demo last week and he loved it enough for us to want to sign him up for sessions. The stuff he showed me looked like Elaine Benes dance moves so he's got a long way to go.

PostPosted: Thu February 01, 2024 2:29 pm 
The Master

Are you human or are you dancer, Reid?

PostPosted: Fri February 02, 2024 2:25 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

My son got back from his Euro trip in August but still had some money left over. Since then he's only done a single unit at Uni (he's meant to be full time but pre-requisites messed him around) and hasn't worked at all.

The past 3 days he was up all night gaming and slept all day. This shit will not stand and came to a head last night.

I love my son but my fuck can he be lazy and entitled at times. Then again, he's one of the most socially mature and reasonable and calm people I know as well. I hate fighting with my kids, I really do.

Anyway, today's a new day and he seems to have started it far better - I went with him and hired a trailer and he's taking his old beer pong table to a mate's and then getting rid of a whole heap of garden waste for his Grandma. After the shouting last night we spoke with him about his mental health and how his physical activity/health relates to that, and that was a good discussion. In the end we all have a responsibility to take care of ourselves so that we can look after each other.

Raising kids is tough and I'm not sure it gets any easier as they age to be honest. Especially living in today's economic and social and political climate.

PostPosted: Fri February 02, 2024 2:42 am 
Major Dude

Higgs wrote:
My son got back from his Euro trip in August but still had some money left over. Since then he's only done a single unit at Uni (he's meant to be full time but pre-requisites messed him around) and hasn't worked at all.

The past 3 days he was up all night gaming and slept all day. This shit will not stand and came to a head last night.

I love my son but my fuck can he be lazy and entitled at times. Then again, he's one of the most socially mature and reasonable and calm people I know as well. I hate fighting with my kids, I really do.

Anyway, today's a new day and he seems to have started it far better - I went with him and hired a trailer and he's taking his old beer pong table to a mate's and then getting rid of a whole heap of garden waste for his Grandma. After the shouting last night we spoke with him about his mental health and how his physical activity/health relates to that, and that was a good discussion. In the end we all have a responsibility to take care of ourselves so that we can look after each other.

Raising kids is tough and I'm not sure it gets any easier as they age to be honest. Especially living in today's economic and social and political climate.

Great work dadding, friend Higgs. Always good when the parents score.

PostPosted: Fri February 02, 2024 2:57 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Cheers wease. He's actually off down south with a few mates for the weekend this afternoon, so that's a great thing. He is so much better when he's active and up and about, so really happy he's heading away for some fun.

And as an added bonus me and the wiffey get the house to ourselves! Pants optional weekend! Yes!

PostPosted: Fri February 02, 2024 3:01 am 
Production Police

Yeah great work there Higgs.

PostPosted: Fri February 02, 2024 3:49 am 
Posting (live)

:hooray: It's hard to be a good parent. Easy choices aren't always the best. It helps when you have a kid who listens and understands and that is built up over years.

Enjoy the weekend Higgs and Mrs Higgs, ya dirty old kids yourselves.

PostPosted: Mon February 12, 2024 7:40 pm 
The Master

We had our kid’s party at a space where they organize an individual art project for each kid, so you pay by the head. One parent brought the older sibling of one of my kid’s classmates, so I guess we lucked out that one kid couldn’t come due to illness.

I guess in the future, we have to be crystal clear about who is invited to avoid an awkward predicament!

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2024 8:49 pm 
The Master

Several weeks ago, the kid started waking up around 6am and immediately bothering us for breakfast etc. We’ve been awaiting DST to perhaps remedy this, so of course now that it’s just days away, she’s slept in past 7am the past few mornings. Expert trolling.

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2024 8:54 pm 
Major Dude

She’s on to you and your tricks

PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2024 5:07 pm 
Production Police

Past week has been a rabbit hole of symptoms and doctor's visits to finally arrive at a diagnosis of "Henoch-Schonlein purpura (HSP)." Seems to be quite preferable to the alternative "Immune thrombocytopenia purpura (ITP)," and my kid's case of HSP is "literally the mildest I've ever seen," according to my doc.

All should be well, as long as we follow through on six months of regular checkups, starting weekly but gradually tapering off. Most likely she'll completely outgrow the condition.

Ear infection on top of all that. F'n drag but very thankful it's nothing worse, and that we have good health insurance. Mr. & Mrs. Trag are tired; most of my Dark Matter shitposting has been happening from a doctor's office!

PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2024 5:13 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

tragabigzanda wrote:
Past week has been a rabbit hole of symptoms and doctor's visits to finally arrive at a diagnosis of "Henoch-Schonlein purpura (HSP)." Seems to be quite preferable to the alternative "Immune thrombocytopenia purpura (ITP)," and my kid's case of HSP is "literally the mildest I've ever seen," according to my doc.

All should be well, as long as we follow through on six months of regular checkups, starting weekly but gradually tapering off. Most likely she'll completely outgrow the condition.

Ear infection on top of all that. F'n drag but very thankful it's nothing worse, and that we have good health insurance. Mr. & Mrs. Trag are tired; most of my Dark Matter shitposting has been happening from a doctor's office!

try having twins

PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2024 5:32 pm 
Major Dude

tragabigzanda wrote:

Did she have the rash or was it some of the other symptoms that led to you having her checked out?

PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2024 5:46 pm 
Production Police

Started with a swollen foot out of nowhere, though she must’ve sprained it or something. Then the other foot started swelling. Then a mild form of the rash.

PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2024 5:47 pm 
Production Police

Sounds like you are familiar with this wease?

PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2024 5:49 pm 
The Master

Good to hear she was diagnosed and there is a treatment plan.

PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2024 6:09 pm 
Major Dude

tragabigzanda wrote:
Sounds like you are familiar with this wease?

Not personally, but over the years have dealt with patients where it was a possible diagnosis before being ruled out.

PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2024 7:28 pm 
The Master

Damn that’s scary trag. Glad you finally have a diagnosis and she’ll be okay!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1081 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo