The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 81  Next
 Post subject: Re: Travel thread
PostPosted: Sat February 17, 2024 4:18 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Bammer wrote:
daft twat wrote:
Hoping to go to Vancouver for the tour. Taking my youngest son to the shows, but the whole family is coming.

I know nothing about Vancouver except it looks pretty. I do think I’m going to fly to Seattle and rent a car because I’d rather drive a bit than have insane connections like Dallas (to Minneapolis- why?) or Denver (my least favorite airport in the world). So….

Arrive in Seattle Thursday night. Friday I’d like to either go to Rainer or maybe Olympic and drive down the coast as far as Astoria. Any advice?

We’ll head to Vancouver for 3 days from there. Where should we stay, eat, go? We’ll have a full day between shows and the day of the second show to explore.

That’s a lot of driving.

I love driving.

PostPosted: Sat February 17, 2024 5:11 pm 
Rank This Poster

bart wrote:
Driving like four hours south on Friday and then another couple hours to Vancouver…that’s more than I would want to do for fun

They’re different days, and I’m from the Midwest. We drive to everything. I’m not going to pass up an opportunity to see a great national park because it’s a few hours in a car. I thought Ranier was less than 2 away. If I went the other way, I understand going as far as Astoria is more of a hike, but that drive might be part of the fun. I love the ocean and live about as far from it as you can.

PostPosted: Sat February 17, 2024 7:33 pm 
The Master

I did not know commercial flights went anywhere near the earth’s poles. You can fly from Santiago, Chile to Sydney, Australia in 14 hours by passing very close to the coast of Antarctica. There’s a flight from Seattle to Dubai that flies over the North Pole.

Just seems like it’d be dangerous, especially if a plane went down. Not a ton of assets n the areas. But I guess minimizing jet fuel and time trumps all.

PostPosted: Sat February 17, 2024 7:45 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

spike wrote:
I did not know commercial flights went anywhere near the earth’s poles. You can fly from Santiago, Chile to Sydney, Australia in 14 hours by passing very close to the coast of Antarctica. There’s a flight from Seattle to Dubai that flies over the North Pole.

Just seems like it’d be dangerous, especially if a plane went down. Not a ton of assets n the areas. But I guess minimizing jet fuel and time trumps all.

I love flights like that...I have the map on the whole time and am always glued to it...I google places that ive never heard of of those canyons in the ocean that you fly over..cool stuff

PostPosted: Sun February 18, 2024 3:41 am 
The Master

doug rr wrote:
spike wrote:

I love flights like that...I have the map on the whole time and am always glued to it...I google places that ive never heard of of those canyons in the ocean that you fly over..cool stuff

ugh fuck the map

PostPosted: Sun February 18, 2024 10:19 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

spike wrote:
doug rr wrote:
spike wrote:

ugh fuck the map

for our flight tomorrow, flighaware has us way up into the Canadian northern territories and over Greenland...looking forward to it..9-10 hours, booze and a bed

PostPosted: Sun February 18, 2024 10:21 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

also, I have not packed or cleaned much of the house and we leave for the airport in 24 hours..not that its dirty but friends are staying here to take care of the dog..

PostPosted: Tue February 20, 2024 5:02 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

made it to London...already been to a pub for a whiskey and some fries with malt vinegar and some bone marrow gravy..

PostPosted: Tue February 20, 2024 5:39 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

doug rr wrote:
made it to London...already been to a pub for a whiskey and some fries with malt vinegar and some bone marrow gravy..

If you are near the King's Cross area, check out the Wilmington Pub. In Clerkenwell. Cool area with some pedestrian streets nearby, but they have a really good Scotch Egg there.

PostPosted: Tue February 20, 2024 8:45 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

also, do yourself a favor and go to the bunkenshire area of new florksten. there's an awesome place there called merkinford that has great food.

PostPosted: Tue February 20, 2024 8:47 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Chris_H_2 wrote:
also, do yourself a favor and go to the bunkenshire area of new florksten. there's an awesome place there called merkinford that has great food.

hard to believe a place with merkin in the name is appetizing.

PostPosted: Tue February 20, 2024 8:52 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

dad wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

hard to believe a place with merkin in the name is appetizing.

it's my favorite pubic square in all of new dumbleham

PostPosted: Wed February 21, 2024 1:06 am 
The Master

Chris, please calm down.

PostPosted: Wed February 21, 2024 10:26 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

heading down to Brixton for some crazy good Indian lunch spot today and then some great seafood at J Sheekey tonight..love that place
https://j-sheekey.co.uk/?utm_source=Loc ... um=organic

PostPosted: Wed February 21, 2024 10:54 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

That does sound excellent.

PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2024 2:10 am 
Rank This Poster

doug rr wrote:
daft twat wrote:
Hoping to go to Vancouver for the tour. Taking my youngest son to the shows, but the whole family is coming.

I know nothing about Vancouver except it looks pretty. I do think I’m going to fly to Seattle and rent a car because I’d rather drive a bit than have insane connections like Dallas (to Minneapolis- why?) or Denver (my least favorite airport in the world). So….

Arrive in Seattle Thursday night. Friday I’d like to either go to Rainer or maybe Olympic and drive down the coast as far as Astoria. Any advice?

We’ll head to Vancouver for 3 days from there. Where should we stay, eat, go? We’ll have a full day between shows and the day of the second show to explore.

I'll type you up a list at some point..

Still waiting. Got a pm from one of the best Canadian Rmers of all time with helpful info. He doesn’t post here anymore (that’s your clue it isn’t Stickman).

PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2024 2:21 am 
Looks Like a Cat

daft twat wrote:
doug rr wrote:
daft twat wrote:

Still waiting. Got a pm from one of the best Canadian Rmers of all time with helpful info. He doesn’t post here anymore (that’s your clue it isn’t Stickman).

surfndestroy?

PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2024 2:30 am 
10Club Complaint Department

Chris_H_2 wrote:
daft twat wrote:
doug rr wrote:
daft twat wrote:

surfndestroy?

that was my guess too.

PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2024 3:09 am 
Rank This Poster

Chris_H_2 wrote:
daft twat wrote:
doug rr wrote:
daft twat wrote:

surfndestroy?

Correct. One of RM’s finest. Wish he’d post here again. Will definitely heed his advice.

PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2024 5:21 am 
mXn

daft twat wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
daft twat wrote:
doug rr wrote:
daft twat wrote:

surfndestroy?

Correct. One of RM’s finest. Wish he’d post here again. Will definitely heed his advice.

He is way too busy getting laid.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 81  Next

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo