The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1623 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 82  Next
 Post subject: Re: Travel thread
PostPosted: Tue June 06, 2023 5:52 am 
mXn

Whiskey In The Jar

PostPosted: Tue June 06, 2023 5:53 am 
mXn

Am I doing this right?

PostPosted: Sat June 17, 2023 12:44 am 
Looks Like a Cat

i leave tomorrow for two weeks in italy. pray for me.

PostPosted: Sat June 17, 2023 1:10 am 
10Club Complaint Department

Chris_H_2 wrote:

safe journey, my man.

PostPosted: Sat June 17, 2023 1:21 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

enjoy dude! i will be there in july ... save some gelato for me

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sat June 17, 2023 1:27 am 
10Club Complaint Department

I would definitely love to hear about y'all's experiences if you'd oblige. My wife and I are still in the infant planning stages for next year, and I'd love to hear some do's and don'ts.

PostPosted: Sat June 17, 2023 1:38 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Chris_H_2 wrote:

Make sure you get back in time for 8/19

PostPosted: Sat June 17, 2023 1:53 am 
Production Police

dad wrote:
I would definitely love to hear about y'all's experiences if you'd oblige. My wife and I are still in the infant planning stages for next year, and I'd love to hear some do's and don'ts.

Do: Make time to get lost, explore the little villages, check out the coast, rent Vespas on Capri, be mindful of twisty drives if one is prone to car sickness

Don’t: Focus just on the tourist spots, assume that all Italian food will be excellent (particularly in tourist spots), disregard little hole-in-the-wall restaurants by the side of the road

PostPosted: Sat June 17, 2023 4:27 am 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
dad wrote:

Do: Make time to get lost, explore the little villages, check out the coast, rent Vespas on Capri, be mindful of twisty drives if one is prone to car sickness

Don’t: Focus just on the tourist spots, assume that all Italian food will be excellent (particularly in tourist spots), disregard little hole-in-the-wall restaurants by the side of the road

what's that neighborhood just west of the tiber?

PostPosted: Sat June 17, 2023 4:43 am 
Looks Like a Cat

spike wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
dad wrote:

what's that neighborhood just west of the tiber?

The best gelato and Jewish bakery in the city - Trastevere

PostPosted: Sat June 17, 2023 4:54 am 
The Master

;)

PostPosted: Sat June 17, 2023 11:21 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Trastevere is an old part of Rome that is akin to the village. Lots of small little nooks, young people, and places to get food/drinks.

One of my favorite places in Rome is Gianicolo, the hill that overlooks the city. There’s a nice walk up and most cities have some kind of skyline view but Rome is unique because it is dispersed with ancient ruins. There’s also chill garden walk stuff, old men playing bocce. And then you can take a walk down into Trastevere.

Also a big fan of walks along Via del Corso, Via Cola di Rienzo, a lot of classic sites along those roads.

Villa Borghese is nice and leads to Via Veneto which is an upscale, more modern part of Rome. Some swanky restaurants here.

But in rome you dont have to pay an arm and a leg to eat well. Just make sure, as trag said, to avoid touristy area food. A lot of that is frozen and not made fresh. If not sure - ask them is it made in house? If you are near the Vatican, which can be a bit of a black hole food-wise, check out Cucina Abruzzese Pizzeria (16 Via Cantone). This is a neighborhood spot, family-owned, classic Roman, normal-priced, amazing food.

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sat June 17, 2023 11:48 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Go to Bologna

PostPosted: Sat June 17, 2023 1:28 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

96583UP wrote:
One of my favorite places in Rome is Gianicolo, the hill that overlooks the city.

yeah, between this and what we called the zodiac on monte mario (named after an old italian club), you won't get better view. it's funny, but no one goes there besides the locals; you virtually have it to yourself.

96583UP wrote:
Villa Borghese is nice and leads to Via Veneto which is an upscale, more modern part of Rome.

funny, but i lived for a year in rome and have been back about 10 times. i've never stepped foot in villa borghese.

keep your eye on the strikes this july throughout italy. there are a lot planned, particularly some affecting the airports.

PostPosted: Sat June 17, 2023 3:33 pm 
The Master

I love italy so much. Studied abroad 4 months there in college, fiesole, just out of Florence.

Been back only once and hoping to go there for the honeymoon.

PostPosted: Sun June 18, 2023 2:12 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Chris_H_2 wrote:
96583UP wrote:
One of my favorite places in Rome is Gianicolo, the hill that overlooks the city.

yeah, between this and what we called the zodiac on monte mario (named after an old italian club), you won't get better view. it's funny, but no one goes there besides the locals; you virtually have it to yourself.

96583UP wrote:
Villa Borghese is nice and leads to Via Veneto which is an upscale, more modern part of Rome.

funny, but i lived for a year in rome and have been back about 10 times. i've never stepped foot in villa borghese.

keep your eye on the strikes this july throughout italy. there are a lot planned, particularly some affecting the airports.

thanks. i checked and it looks like the strikes are kind of in spurts.... so are you a AS Roma fan or a Lazio fan? answer carefully

PostPosted: Sun June 18, 2023 6:34 am 
mXn

Bammer wrote:
FUCK every last one of you who didn’t support a Travel subforum.

PostPosted: Sun June 18, 2023 11:42 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i’d support this now

very logical

PostPosted: Sun June 18, 2023 12:22 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

There is no valid argument against it

PostPosted: Sun June 18, 2023 5:20 pm 

We’ll talk about it and revisit this time next year

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1623 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 82  Next

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo