The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 81  Next
 Post subject: Re: Travel thread
PostPosted: Mon March 13, 2023 4:35 am 
The Master

You love it

PostPosted: Mon March 13, 2023 9:13 pm 
The Master

this resort we're staying at for the week, you can really tell the toll covid's taken on staff. rooms not ready at check in time, i assume due to limited cleaning staff. went to grab lunch at the pool bar earlier, and there was one bartender and maybe a couple waiters taking orders to tables and lounge chairs. ditched that idea after no one looked my way for ten minutes. now i've been waiting nearly an hour for a room service salad.

we're only here because my wife's at a conference over the next three days, and this is where rooms were available, so not complaining since we're getting half the room & board on her company's dime, but just too bad because this place is pretty cool otherwise.

PostPosted: Mon March 13, 2023 9:47 pm 
The Master

hahaha after an hour, i called down to dining services to ask for an eta on my salad. they said the info had a room number one off from mine and it was outside that door. it indeed was, but the receipt and bag had my room number, so clearly their fuck up. i ain't eating a salad that's been sitting out in the AZ heat for however long, so i currently have the phone on speaker calling dining services back to get a refund - it's been about 200 rings and no answer. i'm having doordash drop off some food in the meantime.

PostPosted: Mon March 13, 2023 9:56 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Barcelona in six days!!! :bammer:

PostPosted: Mon March 13, 2023 10:04 pm 
Production Police

epilogue wrote:

https://eatlikebourdain.com/anthony-bou ... barcelona/

PostPosted: Mon March 13, 2023 10:12 pm 
The Master

epilogue wrote:

nice!

this trip we're currently on that's not going so hot is a test to see if madrid as a work/family trip in a couple months would work. so far, i don't think so lol. i'll see spain one day!

PostPosted: Tue March 14, 2023 1:42 am 
mXn

spike wrote:
You love it

You’re normally very good at this, but that one sucked. Own it. Move on.

PS - If you’re struggling because you’re hangry you can always go to In N Out.

PostPosted: Tue March 14, 2023 2:37 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

tragabigzanda wrote:
epilogue wrote:

https://eatlikebourdain.com/anthony-bou ... barcelona/

Awesome Joe - ¡Pasa un buen rato!

And great linky-poo there trag. Gonna bookmark that one for future reference.

After taking 2 months off over Christmas I'm really trying to stay in that mindset of pulling back from the rat race a bit and putting myself and the wiffey first more often. Kinda like being kind to ourselves before worrying about too much else kinda thing. So we've started planning our next breaks/holidays because you just have to have stuff to look forward to.

My MiL's family all live in Melbourne, waaaaaay over the other side of the country from us. We last spent christmas with them in 2018 and we've decided its time again this year. So planning on taking all of December off and going across early to spend a few weeks travelling the Mornington Peninsular and south of Melbourne before having Christmas with them all. Should be fun.

And then its gonna be Italy in 2024. We think 3 weeks on the ground there (so not including travel time) will do us. Planning on October at this stage. I want to hire a car and do some driving, particularly up north but wherever really. Any suggestions on that, RM crew?

PostPosted: Tue March 14, 2023 2:40 am 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
You love it

i suggested going to a restaurant tonight, because i no longer trust the room service here, but my wife was tired from a long day and insisted. she's now on hold with dining service trying to get an eta on the food we ordered an hour ago. so yes, i'm once again hangry.

once the nights on her company run out, i think we need to find another establishment.

PostPosted: Tue March 14, 2023 3:22 am 
mXn

spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
You love it

i suggested going to a restaurant tonight, because i no longer trust the room service here, but my wife was tired from a long day and insisted. she's now on hold with dining service trying to get an eta on the food we ordered an hour ago. so yes, i'm once again hangry.

once the nights on her company run out, i think we need to find another establishment.

Room service is for suckas

PostPosted: Tue March 14, 2023 3:27 am 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
You love it

I’ve never had issues. And it wasn’t my first choice today… I took the kid to the restaurant here but she immediately cracked the shits because it was peak nap time on her Chicago clock. Pulled the plug on that, put her down in the room, then couldn’t leave.

PostPosted: Tue March 14, 2023 3:31 am 
mXn

spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
You love it

I’ve never had issues. And it wasn’t my first choice today… I took the kid to the restaurant here but she immediately cracked the shits because it was peak nap time on her Chicago clock. Pulled the plug on that, put her down in the room, then couldn’t leave.

This is the part of the conversation where I simp for timeshares because full kitchen in unit for a situation like this.

PostPosted: Tue March 14, 2023 3:38 am 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:
spike wrote:
You love it

This is the part of the conversation where I simp for timeshares because full kitchen in unit for a situation like this.

Heard that. Wife’s company is paying for this room through Thursday, so figured we could make it work. Didn’t expect such incompetence.

PostPosted: Thu March 16, 2023 5:01 am 
10Club Complaint Department

It’s our last night in Northern Arizona. The Grand Canyon is likely the highlight of our trip. It’s also the reason for our trip.

I would love to come back and explore more of this state. There are so many jaw-dropping places here.

Much of the area by the Grand Canyon, and all the way up to Page, where Horseshoe Bend is located, is like being on another planet.

On another note, if you are a veteran, I would highly recommend getting the free lifetime pass for entrance to the national parks. It’s worth it. We’ve visited six different parks on our trip, and it saved us $135 in entry fees. It’s good for you and up to three guests.

PostPosted: Thu March 16, 2023 5:18 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

dad wrote:

On another note, if you are a veteran, I would highly recommend getting the free lifetime pass for entrance to the national parks. It’s worth it. We’ve visited six different parks on our trip, and it saved us $135 in entry fees. It’s good for you and up to three guests.

Well worth it. We used it for Acadia and hoping to hit two more this summer.

PostPosted: Fri March 17, 2023 2:35 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

spike wrote:
epilogue wrote:

nice!

this trip we're currently on that's not going so hot is a test to see if madrid as a work/family trip in a couple months would work. so far, i don't think so lol. i'll see spain one day!

I hope you get there. Spain is amazing. Barcelona is the only other city (besides NYC) that I can really see myself living in long term. I adore it.

Still haven't been to Madrid yet, though. That's definitely on the list. I really want to see the whole country.

PostPosted: Fri March 17, 2023 5:12 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

We were in Madrid last summer. Loved it so much. It is so beautiful. Very fucking hot in the summer though. My only regret is not taking a day trip to Toledo.

PostPosted: Fri March 17, 2023 5:19 pm 

Have a big travel decision to make soon. I have a milestone birthday coming up a year from now, and one thing I've always wanted to do is travel to St. Helena Island in the South Atlantic. But you have to plan pretty far in advance, fly to South Africa, then 6 more hours on a small plane to the island. Stay a week, then reverse the flight. I think it would be neat as a trip for this specific birthday, but I also feel like I would want some time to explore South Africa as well, so that pushes the trip pretty much into 2.5 to 3 weeks. Not sure either of our employers would go for that at this point. My other option would be to save that for a retirement trip and instead do either North England and Scotland, or some kind of Nordic trip.

PostPosted: Fri March 17, 2023 5:22 pm 
Production Police

That all sounds awesome Ruddo.

We booked three tix to Boston yesterday for a wedding in June. We almost always fly for free due to our rewards program but there were limiting factors this time out, so we paid out of pocket for the first time in a few years. $2500 round trip to Boston :lol: Awful.

PostPosted: Fri March 17, 2023 5:50 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

we're winding down here..all packed and movers come on Monday..have stuff to finish up all next week but then so looking forward to taking the Coast Starlight Train from LA to Seattle..35 hours in a sleeper car

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 81  Next

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo