The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo

Post subject: Driving Tips and Pointers
PostPosted: Sun April 03, 2022 12:46 am 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Slow down after you’ve turned on your blinker

Post subject: Re: Driving Tips and Pointers
PostPosted: Sun April 03, 2022 1:02 am 
Gone

Don’t road rage. There are crazy fucks out there who will kill you for nothing. It’s not worth it.

PostPosted: Mon August 08, 2022 3:28 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

in most cases you don't really have to swerve away from where you're turning before you turn... just turn

PostPosted: Mon August 08, 2022 3:30 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

if you're a southern california soccer mom and you roll thru 4 way stops in your suv we are allowed to follow you home and punch you in the face

PostPosted: Mon August 08, 2022 3:44 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

get the hell out of the left lane unless you’re passing. it’s not hard.

PostPosted: Mon August 08, 2022 3:48 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

If you are behind someone driving slower than you would like on a curvy, unpassable section of road, it is not only unnecessary to stay aggressively close behind them, but it is very dangerous. And if you are so impatient that you must pass them in this extremely unsafe area, please know that you are the absolute lowest scum humanity has to offer, because you are not just risking your life, but someone else's.

Last edited by tree_ on Mon August 08, 2022 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon August 08, 2022 3:50 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

tree_ wrote:
If you are behind someone driving slower than you would like on a curvy, unpassable section of road, it is not only unnecessary to stay aggressively close behind them, but it is very dangerous.

people in Iceland would pull over and let others pass. very considerate.

PostPosted: Mon August 08, 2022 4:48 pm 
The Master

If there is a line of 3+ cars in the left lane waiting on a semi to pass another semi, don't be the person to drive way ahead in the right line to pass the 3+ cars.

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 5:35 am 
Rank This Poster

Check both ways when driving through a set of traffic lights. Even if they are fully green. Do this every time. Saved my daughter's life just the other night.

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 5:48 am 
mXn

Don’t drive anywhere, ever. Too dangerous. Bad for the environment.

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 6:29 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Higgs wrote:
Check both ways when driving through a set of traffic lights. Even if they are fully green. Do this every time. Saved my daughter's life just the other night.

Isn't this just common sense? Who just drives through an intersection without looking both ways?

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 9:20 am 
Rank This Poster

Ello Sailor wrote:
Higgs wrote:

Isn't this just common sense? Who just drives through an intersection without looking both ways?

I think most tips that result in increased safety are just common sense ones. But you know what they say about common sense, yeah? It ain't that common.

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 1:10 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Higgs wrote:
Ello Sailor wrote:
Higgs wrote:

I think most tips that result in increased safety are just common sense ones. But you know what they say about common sense, yeah? It ain't that common.

Yeah I was gonna say "you'd be surprised". Seems to me most drivers aren't even very aware of how easily they could die at any given careless moment.

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 1:56 pm 
The Master

Ello Sailor wrote:
Higgs wrote:

The elderly.

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 3:31 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

macphisto wrote:
Don’t road rage. There are crazy fucks out there who will kill you for nothing. It’s not worth it.

This guy PM'ed me to say "I hope your baby is stillborn" a few weeks ago, so I think he was talking about himself here.

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 3:34 pm 
Rank This Poster

tree_ wrote:
If you are behind someone driving slower than you would like on a curvy, unpassable section of road, it is not only unnecessary to stay aggressively close behind them, but it is very dangerous. And if you are so impatient that you must pass them in this extremely unsafe area, please know that you are the absolute lowest scum humanity has to offer, because you are not just risking your life, but someone else's.

on the flip side, if you have to drive like a pussy get out of the way of normal people trying to get places

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 3:36 pm 
The Master

Mickey wrote:
macphisto wrote:

This guy PM'ed me to say "I hope your baby is stillborn" a few weeks ago, so I think he was talking about himself here.

jfc

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 3:40 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

warehouse wrote:
tree_ wrote:

on the flip side, if you have to drive like a pussy get out of the way of normal people trying to get places

It's this "driving like a pussy" fear that makes you cool teens drive too fast in dangerous areas. This is the mentality that should be avoided. There are many reasons for driving at or just below the speed limit and sometimes there aren't safe areas to pull over. Just be patient. It's not like you're going to save more than a couple minutes anyway. You wouldn't be so rude if it were an elderly lady walking down a narrow hallway, would you? It's just that you don't see the human; you see a metal box so you get angry it isn't going as fast as you want right now.

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 3:41 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

spike wrote:
Mickey wrote:
macphisto wrote:

jfc

yeah, wtf.

PostPosted: Tue August 09, 2022 4:05 pm 
Rank This Poster

tree_ wrote:
warehouse wrote:
tree_ wrote:

It's this "driving like a pussy" fear that makes you cool teens drive too fast in dangerous areas. This is the mentality that should be avoided. There are many reasons for driving at or just below the speed limit and sometimes there aren't safe areas to pull over. Just be patient. It's not like you're going to save more than a couple minutes anyway. You wouldn't be so rude if it were an elderly lady walking down a narrow hallway, would you? It's just that you don't see the human; you see a metal box so you get angry it isn't going as fast as you want right now.

i'm not talking about dangerous areas, i'm talking about regular roads and highways. if you are doing the speed limit while the flow of traffic is 10 mph over the speed limit, stay to the right.

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo