The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9510 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213 ... 476  Next
 Post subject: Re: Talk about your day thread
PostPosted: Thu March 30, 2023 9:17 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Coach wrote:
96583UP wrote:
Coach wrote:
96583UP wrote:
i will pencil in an exclusion from my 'everyone in the entertainment industry should be euthanized' policy for each of you given that you support the capitalist propaganda machine but in your hearts you wish to be focusing solely on your art, music, and the poop thread

and the weight loss thread, too.

no, i don't 'do' that thread

We are doing some pretty interesting things in there. It's worth a look. Happy to do your BMI.

BMI: No

BM: Yes

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Thu March 30, 2023 11:35 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

doug rr wrote:
the movers with all of our stuff from California said they would be here April 5-7 as we requested..they called today and didn't have as many other pickups on the drive up so they are delivering tomorrow at 7am...I love fast movers but sure could have used and extra day at least..

they just called..they'll be here in 90 minutes..ugh and yay

PostPosted: Fri March 31, 2023 12:59 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

What a bizarre thing to complain about.

PostPosted: Fri March 31, 2023 1:01 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Ugh and yay

PostPosted: Fri March 31, 2023 1:35 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Had to go into the office yesterday for an all day meetng and junk. One of the things to come out of that is that they expect us in the office a minimum of three days a fortnight. There goes my WFH full time.

In other news - I saw my surgeon the day before - hoping that he'd give me the all clear to start training Jiu Jitsu again next week. Have to wait another 6 weeks, but he did say after that period I should be able to ease myself back into running - something I thought was off the table for good

PostPosted: Fri March 31, 2023 1:53 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Ugh and yay there I guess Rangi.

PostPosted: Fri March 31, 2023 2:05 am 

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri March 31, 2023 2:12 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

A few months ago, just before we were heading off on our caravan trip, I had a call from a doctor local to our area who wanted to change accountants. She was over her CBD based big firm and wanted someone smaller who could give her a more personal service. At the time I wasn't interested and said as much, effectively that we were going away and I was not really taking on clients now yadda yadda yadda. She literally told me that I "sound lovely" and she was happy to wait until we got back. I urged her to find someone else and didn't think anything further of it.

She ended up calling again a few weeks after we got back and I couldn't think of a solid reason to turn her down so ended up seeing her at my house (I work from an office usually but its just a work space - I usually see clients in person - when I have to - at home). 2 hour meeting and she goes through all her stuff with me. High value client, 4 x rental properties, bit to sort out, but she refuses to run any bookkeeping software and won't let me take copies of any paperwork she has, just wants to give me the numbers and that's it. Red flag central here.

I have to chase some additional info from her previous accountant and it all drags on for a week or so before I can get back to it. She sends an e-mail saying she can't understand why its taking so long - with her previous accountant he would input the numbers while she was there and send the return that night for her to review. I was pissed at that and sent an e-mail back saying we work our way and that if that was the service she wanted why not go to the pop-up tax agent at the local shopping centre?

We finished the work, I reviewed it and sent it for signing along with a big e-mail explaining the tax issues she was facing. I also mentioned that our invoice was more than her last year's fee and sent it to her. She then sends an e-mail back to my wife (not me) asking if there was a simple mistake as she was expecting half that fee and proceeded to list out how many hours she thought the job should have taken.

I am pissed. I ended up halving the invoice to "bring it into line with her expectations" and told her that "my wife and I have discussed it and we no longer wish to have you as a client".

I usually listen to my instincts and this was a lesson to remind me that I should continue to in future. It feels good to get rid of shithouse clients.

PostPosted: Fri March 31, 2023 2:24 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Higgs wrote:
A few months ago, just before we were heading off on our caravan trip, I had a call from a doctor local to our area who wanted to change accountants. She was over her CBD based big firm and wanted someone smaller who could give her a more personal service. At the time I wasn't interested and said as much, effectively that we were going away and I was not really taking on clients now yadda yadda yadda. She literally told me that I "sound lovely" and she was happy to wait until we got back. I urged her to find someone else and didn't think anything further of it.

She ended up calling again a few weeks after we got back and I couldn't think of a solid reason to turn her down so ended up seeing her at my house (I work from an office usually but its just a work space - I usually see clients in person - when I have to - at home). 2 hour meeting and she goes through all her stuff with me. High value client, 4 x rental properties, bit to sort out, but she refuses to run any bookkeeping software and won't let me take copies of any paperwork she has, just wants to give me the numbers and that's it. Red flag central here.

I have to chase some additional info from her previous accountant and it all drags on for a week or so before I can get back to it. She sends an e-mail saying she can't understand why its taking so long - with her previous accountant he would input the numbers while she was there and send the return that night for her to review. I was pissed at that and sent an e-mail back saying we work our way and that if that was the service she wanted why not go to the pop-up tax agent at the local shopping centre?

We finished the work, I reviewed it and sent it for signing along with a big e-mail explaining the tax issues she was facing. I also mentioned that our invoice was more than her last year's fee and sent it to her. She then sends an e-mail back to my wife (not me) asking if there was a simple mistake as she was expecting half that fee and proceeded to list out how many hours she thought the job should have taken.

I am pissed. I ended up halving the invoice to "bring it into line with her expectations" and told her that "my wife and I have discussed it and we no longer wish to have you as a client".

I usually listen to my instincts and this was a lesson to remind me that I should continue to in future. It feels good to get rid of shithouse clients.

People are dicks!

PostPosted: Fri March 31, 2023 2:31 am 
Posting (live)

Ugh and yay, Higgs

PostPosted: Fri March 31, 2023 2:33 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

:) Shit be catching!

PostPosted: Fri March 31, 2023 2:35 am 

There was no yay. That's just ugh all the way down.

PostPosted: Fri March 31, 2023 2:36 am 
Posting (live)

Purging fuckwits is a strong yay.

PostPosted: Fri March 31, 2023 2:41 am 

Ugh and yay it is.

PostPosted: Fri March 31, 2023 3:36 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

:hooray:

PostPosted: Fri March 31, 2023 4:58 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

The word is no and it goes like this.

No

PostPosted: Fri March 31, 2023 5:04 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

PostPosted: Fri March 31, 2023 6:11 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Well of course I would have said no to doing Diz's taxes - I'm not an idjit 'tunes!

PostPosted: Fri March 31, 2023 2:03 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

maybe I should have said woohoo doh....

PostPosted: Fri March 31, 2023 2:11 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

boo taxes and other people.

just boo.

Last edited by dad on Fri March 31, 2023 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9510 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213 ... 476  Next

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo