The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212 ... 467  Next
 Post subject: Re: Talk about your day thread
PostPosted: Thu March 30, 2023 3:06 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

VinylGuy wrote:
I have a presentation today at work for the latest commercial we did. It should be an easy going, kinda done deal stuff, but these guys...they always surprise me.
Sometimes they find the most incredible stuff to complain like "WAIT WHY DO WE HAVE A GRANPA IN THE COMMERCIAL" when they ask for it, approved it and went to the fucking shooting.

It's maddening.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Thu March 30, 2023 3:09 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Clients are constantly forgetting about shit they explicitly asked for

PostPosted: Thu March 30, 2023 3:26 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

whats really infuriating is when they somehow say its your fault

PostPosted: Thu March 30, 2023 3:39 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

In my case it's usually a dozen people commenting, many who haven't been in all the meetings, and yet they feel they have to contribute, so they say stupid shit.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Thu March 30, 2023 3:41 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Sounds like a nightmare

PostPosted: Thu March 30, 2023 3:46 pm 

It's important to not give a shit about what you're making. Having an outside creative outlet away from work in which you can be a tyrant helps.

PostPosted: Thu March 30, 2023 4:08 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

BurtReynolds wrote:
In my case it's usually a dozen people commenting, many who haven't been in all the meetings, and yet they feel they have to contribute, so they say stupid shit.

yeah, thats a classic. A few years ago it happened during a shooting. 3 am and there were like 8 people in a fucking zoom talking about a soccer ball's color. One of them, who never appeared before, said he would like a red one, were in pre production they asked for a blue one.

I said i dont have one. He was visibly bummed out.

PostPosted: Thu March 30, 2023 4:09 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

reminds me of White Lotus, how the resort guests treat the staff

PostPosted: Thu March 30, 2023 4:21 pm 
The Master

Creation-by-committee is awful, and a big part of why I got out of the record biz...

One time I was working a session for these two songwriters who were writing stuff for Katy Perry. Session started at 730pm, usual time. We worked through the night, and I got to watch them craft what felt like a hit into the wee hours. By 6am, they were both a little buzzed off booze and weed, we were all dog tired, yet the energy in the room was electric -- the song just got better and better every time we pressed play on the rough mix.

Sure of their success, one of the songwriters sent the track off to Katy's A&R guy. We start packing up, when all of a sudden the girl's phone dings. "A&R guy doesn't like it, says it sounds too much like another song they've already landed on." Session was over and we all went home totally deflated.

Last edited by tragabigzanda on Thu March 30, 2023 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu March 30, 2023 4:23 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

you guys have (had) such cool jobs

PostPosted: Thu March 30, 2023 6:03 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

the movers with all of our stuff from California said they would be here April 5-7 as we requested..they called today and didn't have as many other pickups on the drive up so they are delivering tomorrow at 7am...I love fast movers but sure could have used and extra day at least..

PostPosted: Thu March 30, 2023 7:15 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bammer wrote:
I went to a Mariners preseason fuckfest event thing. Basically an open practice. Both my kids got Ichiro’s autograph.

maybe they should wash their hands now

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Thu March 30, 2023 7:17 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Coach wrote:
spike wrote:
Coach wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
yeah, im not against that idea

Having worked inside Marketing departments for years, I can say that often times the last minute changes come from the C-Suite, but yeah, good luck w/ the review today.

Some radio spots I helped write will start running today.

Are they for Squatty Potty?

No, but I'd love to have the honor, and, it would be good content for the poop thread.

they could use the valuable input from our demographic

maybe they should sponsor a PJ tour

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Thu March 30, 2023 7:17 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

VinylGuy wrote:
whats really infuriating is when they somehow say its your fault

probably covering their ass to their boss by lying and blaming you

PostPosted: Thu March 30, 2023 7:21 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i will pencil in an exclusion from my 'everyone in the entertainment industry should be euthanized' policy for each of you given that you support the capitalist propaganda machine but in your hearts you wish to be focusing solely on your art, music, and the poop thread

PostPosted: Thu March 30, 2023 7:32 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

96583UP wrote:
i will pencil in an exclusion from my 'everyone in the entertainment industry should be euthanized' policy for each of you given that you support the capitalist propaganda machine but in your hearts you wish to be focusing solely on your art, music, and the poop thread

and the weight loss thread, too.

PostPosted: Thu March 30, 2023 7:44 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Coach wrote:
96583UP wrote:

no, i don't 'do' that thread

PostPosted: Thu March 30, 2023 7:54 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

96583UP wrote:
Coach wrote:
96583UP wrote:

no, i don't 'do' that thread

We are doing some pretty interesting things in there. It's worth a look. Happy to do your BMI.

PostPosted: Thu March 30, 2023 8:25 pm 

96583UP wrote:

I'm infiltrating and undermining from the inside.

PostPosted: Thu March 30, 2023 9:09 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

BurtReynolds wrote:
96583UP wrote:

I'm infiltrating and undermining from the inside.

quit turning me on

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212 ... 467  Next

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo