The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 258, 259, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264 ... 467  Next
 Post subject: Re: Talk about your day thread
PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2023 6:37 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

spike wrote:
spike wrote:
I like fixing stuff and I’m decent at it. What I miscalculated was how fucking hot it was today and how old my back and knees are getting.

I definitely should’ve been in the water instead, but it all kinda snowballed.

Wife has come down with a bad cold, so my still broken body had to jump in and do some weeding this morning. Back is stiff AF now, and I tweaked a muscle in my left side. Just falling apart.

Both girls napping now at least, so I’m going to take the boat for a spin.

you deserve some me time

go get it, king

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2023 8:18 pm 
The Master

96583UP wrote:
spike wrote:
spike wrote:
I like fixing stuff and I’m decent at it. What I miscalculated was how fucking hot it was today and how old my back and knees are getting.

Wife has come down with a bad cold, so my still broken body had to jump in and do some weeding this morning. Back is stiff AF now, and I tweaked a muscle in my left side. Just falling apart.

you deserve some me time

go get it, king

That was nice. Ozone day, so enough haze in the sky to make the sun the perfect warmth without being overcast. Listened to tunes, crushed a couple beers, kept the my speed under 6mph most of the time. Straight chillin.

PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2023 9:26 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

spike wrote:
96583UP wrote:
spike wrote:
spike wrote:

you deserve some me time

go get it, king

That was nice. Ozone day, so enough haze in the sky to make the sun the perfect warmth without being overcast. Listened to tunes, crushed a couple beers, kept the my speed under 6mph most of the time. Straight chillin.

sounds lovely...we had friends over last night..had a good dinner, woke up and made everyone eggs Benedict with my wife's homemade sourdough bread..had a couple mimosas on the patio this morning with them..they left at noon...I'm half dead on the couch watching golf...bed by 830

PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2023 11:01 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

doug rr wrote:
spike wrote:
96583UP wrote:
spike wrote:
spike wrote:

you deserve some me time

go get it, king

sounds lovely...we had friends over last night..had a good dinner, woke up and made everyone eggs Benedict with my wife's homemade sourdough bread..had a couple mimosas on the patio this morning with them..they left at noon...I'm half dead on the couch watching golf...bed by 830

and all of us threw in a couple of rounds of self-pleasure away from the stress of others

Great work, team

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Mon June 05, 2023 1:24 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

Jorge wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Holy shit I cannot believe you got to meet her.

We took a photo together. I couldn't believe my luck

Oboe is a super setting on an organ

PostPosted: Mon June 05, 2023 3:25 am 
Future Drummer

my anxiety is so profoundly out of control. med time again.

what do you do when you can't control your thoughts, when you're heart rate is high, and you're out of breath, too scared and worked up to sleep. already been to the er on friday.

PostPosted: Mon June 05, 2023 3:35 am 
The Master

Malloy wrote:

what do you do when you can't control your thoughts, when you're heart rate is high, and you're out of breath, too scared and worked up to sleep. already been to the er on friday.

When I got sober and couldn’t sleep, I did 30 minutes of a mudita meditation each day for 30 days straight. I am convinced this had one of the biggest, if not the biggest, impact on my sanity then:

Pick a person you’re close with, but not romantic/sexual. Picture them in your head. Breathe in/out for each line:

May you have joy and success
May you appreciate your joy and success
May your joy and success grow
May I participate in your joy

Do it five times for this person, then repeat the process for:

-A neutral acquaintance, like a barista or bank teller you see regularly
-Someone you have personal conflict with
-A public figure you hate

That neuroplasticity shit works. You can retrain the way your brain’s synaptic pathways operate. This was like 30 minutes of mental/spiritual calisthenics each day, and at the end I was drastically less inclined to feel bad for myself or get lost in narratives where I was a victim

PostPosted: Mon June 05, 2023 12:39 pm 
Rank This Poster

Take care Malloy.

PostPosted: Mon June 05, 2023 12:41 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Malloy wrote:

I'm sorry you're going through that

PostPosted: Mon June 05, 2023 1:29 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Malloy wrote:

I get panicky in small/high spaces. Like airplanes or even elevators. When it happens I open up a very repetitive, short cycle game on my phone and focus on that. Angry Birds, Candy Crush, Tetris, etc. After about 10 minutes of quick dopamine hits I calm down.

PostPosted: Mon June 05, 2023 1:31 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

For anyone suffering from anxiety/depression, I again highly recommend Wim Hof breathing. Has worked wonders for me and many others. Just try it

PostPosted: Mon June 05, 2023 2:06 pm 
The Master

I’m sorry to hear, Malloy. Hope you can find some relief soon.

PostPosted: Mon June 05, 2023 2:34 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Malloy wrote:

Have you tried cutting back on carbs?

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon June 05, 2023 3:35 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

tree_ wrote:
For anyone suffering from anxiety/depression, I again highly recommend Wim Hof breathing. Has worked wonders for me and many others. Just try it

I recently started doing this every morning and it definitely helps.

PostPosted: Mon June 05, 2023 5:33 pm 
Future Drummer

tragabigzanda wrote:
Malloy wrote:

When I got sober and couldn’t sleep, I did 30 minutes of a mudita meditation each day for 30 days straight. I am convinced this had one of the biggest, if not the biggest, impact on my sanity then:

Pick a person you’re close with, but not romantic/sexual. Picture them in your head. Breathe in/out for each line:

May you have joy and success
May you appreciate your joy and success
May your joy and success grow
May I participate in your joy

Do it five times for this person, then repeat the process for
-A neutral acquaintance, like a barista or bank teller you see regularly
-Someone you have personal conflict with
-A public figure you hate

That neuroplasticity shit works. You can retrain the way your brain’s synaptic pathways operate. This was like 30 minutes of mental/spiritual calisthenics each day, and at the end I was drastically less inclined to feel bad for myself or get lost in narratives where I was a victim

the hope i feel reading this made me cry. thanks trag

Future Drummer

BurtReynolds wrote:
Malloy wrote:

Have you tried cutting back on carbs?

:)

Future Drummer

JuanHamm wrote:
tree_ wrote:

I recently started doing this every morning and it definitely helps.

thanks, mates

PostPosted: Mon June 05, 2023 5:34 pm 
Future Drummer

thank you, sweet friends

PostPosted: Mon June 05, 2023 5:44 pm 
Major Dude

Acquired a larger TV for the youngest’s room and had to get a new mount for it because what was up was very small and the mount couldn’t handle the size of the new TV. So I set about installing the new mount. There’s two plates that have to be mounted to the wall and only one stud right in the middle of the installation space. So I decide to use the wall anchors included with the kit. Get all six anchors in, get the mount up and the TV on there. Was discussing FireStick details with her when the TV tears out of the wall and crashes to the floor (not before sliding down the side of my arm and providing and nice long gash down the length of my forearm). Not a single one of the anchors expanded when I screwed the mount bases in and they all just slid right back out and tore nice pieces out of the wall while doing so.

At this point I’m thing the TV is shot and now we’re gonna have to go out and by her a new one (this one was free) and how am I going to mount it. Just a lot of questions. Try to turn the TV on.l with the remote nothing. Find the buttons on the TV. Something’s rattling around inside it when I move the unit around and I discover the power button seems to be gone and there’s a hole where it’s supposed to be. So I stick a screwdriver in there and press something and it actually powers on. Ok. So I get the FireStick plugged in and it comes up and we sync remotes, so now the TV working isn’t an issue. Now I gotta figure out how to mount it. I use the stud in the middle of the wall depression like before and find one more on the outer edge of the depression. It doesn’t look pretty, but it’s up and and hidden by the TV. Plus, everything is operational.

PostPosted: Mon June 05, 2023 5:45 pm 
Major Dude

Hang in there Malloy. You got this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 258, 259, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264 ... 467  Next

Board index » El Culo Del Mundo » Garbage Dump - Epílogo