The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: Congress
PostPosted: Fri December 09, 2022 1:58 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

tl;dr

PostPosted: Fri December 09, 2022 2:01 pm 
Production Police

I wonder if her 2024 concession speech will be that long

PostPosted: Fri December 09, 2022 2:02 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Is there a difference between a 51-49 majority and a 50-50 split with a vice president tiebreaker? I assume there is probably some advantage to having an actual majority but I can't be bothered to look it up.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri December 09, 2022 2:04 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

JuanHamm wrote:
tl;dr

Buncha nonsense.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri December 09, 2022 2:12 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Political leadership is about putting the needs of those you represent before loyalty to the party and Sinema has been the anchor if not the co-author of every major piece of legislation that Biden has passed in teh Senate by helping the red team save face while compromising in order to deliver to the nation and helping to ensure a reciprocal path stays open should the tables turn in the future, despite what is might mean for her own future. In the not so recent past that was considered heroic.

PostPosted: Fri December 09, 2022 2:15 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Bi_3 wrote:
Political leadership is about putting the needs of those you represent before loyalty to the party and Sinema has been the anchor if not the co-author of every major piece of legislation that Biden has passed in teh Senate by helping the red team save face while compromising in order to deliver to the nation and helping to ensure a reciprocal path stays open should the tables turn in the future, despite what is might mean for her own future. In the not so recent past that was considered heroic.

She doesn't help make good work for the country. She helps the Republicans make nothing happen.

PostPosted: Fri December 09, 2022 2:18 pm 
Production Police

Bi_3 wrote:

I don’t disagree with this. But she effectively opened the seat up to healthy competition from both sides. Bold move, idiotic timing.

PostPosted: Fri December 09, 2022 3:36 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

tragabigzanda wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

I don’t disagree with this. But she effectively opened the seat up to healthy competition from both sides. Bold move, idiotic timing.

I don't get it either... maybe by waiting until after the Georgia run-off she brings the Senate power back to moderates like herself and Manchin because combined they erase the 51-49 majority. It might be the only way to save the Court from packing.

There's also this:

PostPosted: Fri December 09, 2022 8:38 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Bi_3 wrote:

Retarded.

PostPosted: Fri December 09, 2022 10:37 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Mad?

He mad

PostPosted: Fri December 09, 2022 10:44 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I don't recall as much vitriol when Lieberman did this, but maybe I wasn't paying attention.

PostPosted: Fri December 09, 2022 11:07 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

simple schoolboy wrote:
I don't recall as much vitriol when Lieberman did this, but maybe I wasn't paying attention.

Twitter.

PostPosted: Fri December 09, 2022 11:45 pm 
Major Dude

Bi_3 wrote:
Mad?

He mad

Is that Kim Thayil?

PostPosted: Sat December 10, 2022 3:13 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

wease wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Mad?

He mad

Is that Kim Thayil?

Naw, Kim has dignity.

PostPosted: Sat December 10, 2022 3:26 pm 

I always think that guy is Thayil for a second. Isn't Brooklyn Dad a paid shill for the DNC?

PostPosted: Sat December 10, 2022 4:43 pm 
Major Dude

So that guys avatar pic isn’t Kim? Wow. The resemblance is uncanny.

PostPosted: Sat December 10, 2022 4:50 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

BurtReynolds wrote:
I always think that guy is Thayil for a second. Isn't Brooklyn Dad a paid shill for the DNC?

Paid? Maybe, maybe not. But they definitely coordinate messaging and it's smart and very effective at conveying the impression of an organic sense of 'this answer is obvious' to those that are predisposed to listen and want to hear their snap judgements repeated back to them in someone else's voice. Like a Fox News for proggle Twitter. Gotta respect that level of success. The red team should get better at social media to match this and not rely InfoWars type clowns (poso, timcast, etc.).

The dude is next to Rupar in the middle.

PostPosted: Wed December 14, 2022 1:21 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

so dumbert thinks that Mayorkas should be impeached because 14000 lbs of fentanyl was seized (yes seized) at the border

PostPosted: Tue December 20, 2022 8:41 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

PostPosted: Wed December 21, 2022 1:03 am 
Major Dude

Jesus Christ. Maybe grandma’s pacemaker changed a few thousand votes while she was grocery shopping too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 40  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate