The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: Congress
PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 11:31 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Imagine what the media response would have been if opposing political activists had chased AOC and filmed her in the bathroom instead.

... or any woman for that matter.

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 3:06 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

They seriously followed her into the bathroom with a camera? :shake:

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 3:11 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Yes I'm very disappointed. So very disappointed.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 3:20 pm 
Production Police

Team Burt. Fucking great.

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 3:21 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Chasing women into the bathroom and filming them in there is not OK guys.

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 3:23 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

As much as I shit on AOC (who is a loathsome fraud), I find people like Sinema and Manchin and Romney and McCain to be a thousand times worse. Death to false centrists!

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 3:39 pm 
Production Police

Bi_3 wrote:

She’s a public official working at a public university. And yet it’s fair to assume she’s highly inaccessible for someone like this student: any email to her congressional address would just get a form response, and I’d wager that if she booked her university office hours, she’s get 30 seconds into her spiel before being stonewalled.

My hat’s off to any kid that gets off the couch and holds their elected officials accountable.

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 3:45 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

tragabigzanda wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

She’s a public official working at a public university. And yet it’s fair to assume she’s highly inaccessible for someone like this student: any email to her congressional address would just get a form response, and I’d wager that if she booked her university office hours, she’s get 30 seconds into her spiel before being stonewalled.

My hat’s off to any kid that gets off the couch and holds their elected officials accountable.

Let's say it was a public school teacher and anti-maskers chased her into a bathroom and filmed themselves yelling at her while she hides in there. Still hat's off?

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 3:49 pm 

Let's say it was a concentration camp guard. Still hat's off?

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 3:49 pm 
Production Police

If she holds public office at a city-wide scale or higher, then yes absolutely

Edit: responding to Bi3

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 4:34 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

One more try…

Pretend for a second you are woman who holds elected office. Just doing your job when a group of men comes into your place of work and starts yelling at you cause they don’t like your politics. They’ve got cameras out and are filming. No security guards around, just them and you. So you do the smart thing, find a way to get out the situation. You get up and walk down the hall towards the women’s room. They follow. They yell. They film. Now you enter the bathroom to hide. They follow you in, cameras rolling. What might a woman be thinking in that situation?

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 4:41 pm 
Production Police

Bi_3 wrote:
One more try…

Pretend for a second you are woman who holds elected office. Just doing your job when a group of men comes into your place of work and starts yelling at you cause they don’t like your politics. They’ve got cameras out and are filming. No security guards around, just them and you. So you do the smart thing, find a way to get out the situation. You get up and walk down the hall towards the women’s room. They follow. They yell. They film. Now you enter the bathroom to hide. They follow you in, cameras rolling. What might a woman be thinking in that situation?

That the cameras and female protestor would probably keep her safe from the rape you seem to be implying?

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 4:49 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

tragabigzanda wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
One more try…

That the cameras and female protestor would probably keep her safe from the rape you seem to be implying?

Because cameras and female protesters like Ashley Babbit kept everyone safe on 06.Jan or during the BLM riots? And yes, intentionally creating a situation where the woman is vulnerable and fears for her safety is exactly what those people did to Senator Sinema and I hope that never happens to a woman you know or care about

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 5:09 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

How can you guys get hung up on this trivial shit when William Shatner is about to go into space?

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 5:24 pm 
Production Police

Bi_3 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
One more try…

Because cameras and female protesters like Ashley Babbit kept everyone safe on 06.Jan or during the BLM riots? And yes, intentionally creating a situation where the woman is vulnerable and fears for her safety is exactly what those people did to Senator Sinema and I hope that never happens to a woman you know or care about

I genuinely hope my daughter grows up to be someone who holds her elected officials accountable using reasonable means. Cameras and some straight talk are very reasonable in my view, even if it's in a bathroom.

To compare this Sinema scenario with Ashli Babbitt getting killed by a cop acting in self-defense is pretty ludicrous.

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 6:13 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

tragabigzanda wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
One more try…

I genuinely hope my daughter grows up to be someone who holds her elected officials accountable using reasonable means. Cameras and some straight talk are very reasonable in my view, even if it's in a bathroom.

To compare this Sinema scenario with Ashli Babbitt getting killed by a cop acting in self-defense is pretty ludicrous.

I comparing it to your claim that Sinema should have felt safe because one of the "activists" who was chasing and harassing her was female and had a camera.

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 6:14 pm 
Production Police

Bi_3 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
One more try…

I comparing it to your claim that Sinema should have felt safe because one of the "activists" who was chasing and harassing her was female and had a camera.

I didn't say she should feel safe, I said she could reasonably assume that she wouldn't be raped.

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 6:23 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

tragabigzanda wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
One more try…

I didn't say she should feel safe, I said she could reasonably assume that she wouldn't be raped.

We will just have to agree to disagree about what the acceptable level of violence against women is once they are elected.

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 6:27 pm 
Production Police

point to the violence in the Sinema video

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 6:31 pm 

Level of violence depends on the situation. Absolutes here are ridiculous.

Tar and feathering is probably fine for a first offense. No need to graduate straight to guillotines yet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 40  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate