The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Tue October 24, 2017 6:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Site Admin
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 12, 2012 10:33 pm
Posts: 5546


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Tue October 24, 2017 7:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 5006
Location: Washington State
So Kid Rock isn't running now.

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Tue October 24, 2017 7:14 pm 
Offline
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 21088
Location: the beach
quite the speech so far...come on jeff, tell him to go fuck himself, you can do it..


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Wed October 25, 2017 1:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 7527
show him how to go fuck himself

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Mon February 05, 2018 8:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 9122
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 89f6e3b7c7

Quote:
The Supreme Court on Monday denied a request from Pennsylvania Republicans to delay redrawing congressional lines, meaning the 2018 elections in the state will probably be held in districts far more favorable to Democrats.

Justice Samuel A. Alito Jr., who hears emergency requests from the state, turned down the petition without obvious objection from his colleagues.

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court last month ruled that the state’s Republican legislative leaders had violated the state Constitution by unfairly favoring the GOP. Although there are more registered Democrats than Republicans in the state, Republicans hold 13 of 18 congressional seats.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Tue February 06, 2018 1:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 14543
B wrote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/courts_law/supreme-court-refuses-to-block-pa-ruling-invalidating-congressional-mapdecision-means-2018-elections-in-the-state-will-probably-be-held-in-districts-far-more-favorable-to-democrats/2018/02/05/2d758f90-0aa3-11e8-8890-372e2047c935_story.html?utm_term=.8a89f6e3b7c7

Quote:
The Supreme Court on Monday denied a request from Pennsylvania Republicans to delay redrawing congressional lines, meaning the 2018 elections in the state will probably be held in districts far more favorable to Democrats.

Justice Samuel A. Alito Jr., who hears emergency requests from the state, turned down the petition without obvious objection from his colleagues.

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court last month ruled that the state’s Republican legislative leaders had violated the state Constitution by unfairly favoring the GOP. Although there are more registered Democrats than Republicans in the state, Republicans hold 13 of 18 congressional seats.

That escalated fast.

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Wed February 07, 2018 3:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 14543

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Wed February 07, 2018 4:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 13910
Location: Mizzou
McParadigm wrote:


Might be the only Democrat to win in this state this year.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Thu February 08, 2018 11:56 am 
Online
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 12404
Location: Where everybody knows your name
McParadigm wrote:
B wrote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/courts_law/supreme-court-refuses-to-block-pa-ruling-invalidating-congressional-mapdecision-means-2018-elections-in-the-state-will-probably-be-held-in-districts-far-more-favorable-to-democrats/2018/02/05/2d758f90-0aa3-11e8-8890-372e2047c935_story.html?utm_term=.8a89f6e3b7c7

Quote:
The Supreme Court on Monday denied a request from Pennsylvania Republicans to delay redrawing congressional lines, meaning the 2018 elections in the state will probably be held in districts far more favorable to Democrats.

Justice Samuel A. Alito Jr., who hears emergency requests from the state, turned down the petition without obvious objection from his colleagues.

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court last month ruled that the state’s Republican legislative leaders had violated the state Constitution by unfairly favoring the GOP. Although there are more registered Democrats than Republicans in the state, Republicans hold 13 of 18 congressional seats.

That escalated fast.

What a bunch of fucking assholes.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Sun February 11, 2018 2:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 7527
fool me once, shame on you

https://www.wired.com/story/time-about-up-to-secure-2018-midterm-elections/

Quote:
When the BBC asked CIA Director Michael Pompeo last week whether he foresaw Russia continuing to pursuing election meddling during the 2018 midterm elections, he said, "Of course. I have every expectation that they will continue to try and do that." Likewise former State Department cyber coordinator Christopher Painter said in Congressional testimony on Tuesday that, "The lack of a sufficiently strong, timely, and continuing response to Russian interference with our electoral process virtually guarantees that they will attempt to interfere again."

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Sat February 17, 2018 6:32 am 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:41 am
Posts: 1386
96583UP wrote:
fool me once, shame on you

https://www.wired.com/story/time-about-up-to-secure-2018-midterm-elections/

Quote:
When the BBC asked CIA Director Michael Pompeo last week whether he foresaw Russia continuing to pursuing election meddling during the 2018 midterm elections, he said, "Of course. I have every expectation that they will continue to try and do that." Likewise former State Department cyber coordinator Christopher Painter said in Congressional testimony on Tuesday that, "The lack of a sufficiently strong, timely, and continuing response to Russian interference with our electoral process virtually guarantees that they will attempt to interfere again."


Those Facebook ad buys are really going to change voter turnout. :roll:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Sat February 17, 2018 4:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 14543
simple schoolboy wrote:
96583UP wrote:
fool me once, shame on you

https://www.wired.com/story/time-about-up-to-secure-2018-midterm-elections/

Quote:
When the BBC asked CIA Director Michael Pompeo last week whether he foresaw Russia continuing to pursuing election meddling during the 2018 midterm elections, he said, "Of course. I have every expectation that they will continue to try and do that." Likewise former State Department cyber coordinator Christopher Painter said in Congressional testimony on Tuesday that, "The lack of a sufficiently strong, timely, and continuing response to Russian interference with our electoral process virtually guarantees that they will attempt to interfere again."


Those Facebook ad buys are really going to change voter turnout. :roll:

obnoxious

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Sun February 18, 2018 1:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 7527
McParadigm wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
96583UP wrote:
fool me once, shame on you

https://www.wired.com/story/time-about-up-to-secure-2018-midterm-elections/

Quote:
When the BBC asked CIA Director Michael Pompeo last week whether he foresaw Russia continuing to pursuing election meddling during the 2018 midterm elections, he said, "Of course. I have every expectation that they will continue to try and do that." Likewise former State Department cyber coordinator Christopher Painter said in Congressional testimony on Tuesday that, "The lack of a sufficiently strong, timely, and continuing response to Russian interference with our electoral process virtually guarantees that they will attempt to interfere again."


Those Facebook ad buys are really going to change voter turnout. :roll:

obnoxious


they already did once! just ask the 13 pinkos the FBI just indicted

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Mon February 19, 2018 8:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 14543
Republicans will not be pleased

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Tue February 20, 2018 3:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 13467
Location: Cumberland, RI

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Tue February 20, 2018 3:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 50298
Location: Sector 7-G
Wait, are you saying Mitt Romney is full of shit and will say whatever is politically expedient at the time?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Tue February 20, 2018 5:07 am 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:41 am
Posts: 1386
96583UP wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
96583UP wrote:
fool me once, shame on you

https://www.wired.com/story/time-about-up-to-secure-2018-midterm-elections/

Quote:
When the BBC asked CIA Director Michael Pompeo last week whether he foresaw Russia continuing to pursuing election meddling during the 2018 midterm elections, he said, "Of course. I have every expectation that they will continue to try and do that." Likewise former State Department cyber coordinator Christopher Painter said in Congressional testimony on Tuesday that, "The lack of a sufficiently strong, timely, and continuing response to Russian interference with our electoral process virtually guarantees that they will attempt to interfere again."


Those Facebook ad buys are really going to change voter turnout. :roll:

obnoxious


they already did once! just ask the 13 pinkos the FBI just indicted



Maybe the early reports I saw were in error, but the indictment was for 13 Russian nationals well outside the grasp of US law enforcement, correct?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2018 8:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 5006
Location: Washington State

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Fri February 23, 2018 2:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 7527
simple schoolboy wrote:
96583UP wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
96583UP wrote:
fool me once, shame on you

https://www.wired.com/story/time-about-up-to-secure-2018-midterm-elections/

Quote:
When the BBC asked CIA Director Michael Pompeo last week whether he foresaw Russia continuing to pursuing election meddling during the 2018 midterm elections, he said, "Of course. I have every expectation that they will continue to try and do that." Likewise former State Department cyber coordinator Christopher Painter said in Congressional testimony on Tuesday that, "The lack of a sufficiently strong, timely, and continuing response to Russian interference with our electoral process virtually guarantees that they will attempt to interfere again."


Those Facebook ad buys are really going to change voter turnout. :roll:

obnoxious


they already did once! just ask the 13 pinkos the FBI just indicted



Maybe the early reports I saw were in error, but the indictment was for 13 Russian nationals well outside the grasp of US law enforcement, correct?


no

and the point question was 'can you impact voter turnout via facebook ad buys' and the answer is 'yes you can', and the example is 'they did'

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Fri February 23, 2018 5:23 am 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:41 am
Posts: 1386
There would have been other things in play, but the Assault Weapons ban in 1994 did great things for Republicans in the midterms. I would suggest pumping the breaks on this issue if the dems want to take back congress.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon July 16, 2018 11:02 am