Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: 2018 Midterms

Fri February 22, 2019 2:46 am

cutuphalfdead wrote:And they called a new election so representative democracy isn't completely dead yet.

Except that, before losing their super majority, the general assembly passed a law forcing a primary in this situation, so Harris can get primaried out and they get a fresh, non-cheating candidate.

Fri February 22, 2019 2:58 am

B wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:And they called a new election so representative democracy isn't completely dead yet.

Except that, before losing their super majority, the general assembly passed a law forcing a primary in this situation, so Harris can get primaried out and they get a fresh, non-cheating candidate.

So you're saying the guy who cheated should automatically get a second shot? I get tactically that might be better for a GOP victory but I'm not sure it's the wrong thing to do.

Fri February 22, 2019 1:42 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:
B wrote:

So you're saying the guy who cheated should automatically get a second shot? I get tactically that might be better for a GOP victory but I'm not sure it's the wrong thing to do.

That's a fair point. I just view him as a guaranteed loss.

I guess he's also starting to struggle with dementia, so he's probably not running anyhow.

Fri February 22, 2019 5:04 pm

The way he keeps talking about his son is really wild. Like, he's your son, wtf are you doing? I'm shocked his son isn't like "hey, I got more guys" after all that.

Fri March 08, 2019 6:35 pm

I don't understand the Ilhan Omar controversy. Are we not allowed to criticize the Israeli government without being anti-Semitic?

Fri March 08, 2019 11:59 pm

How quickly everyone forgot about Steve King.

Sat March 09, 2019 12:17 am

meatwad wrote:How quickly everyone forgot about Steve King.

“You're not going to support me because I don't want your money. You want to control your politicians”

Sat March 09, 2019 12:28 am

B wrote:I don't understand the Ilhan Omar controversy. Are we not allowed to criticize the Israeli government without being anti-Semitic?

Tropes, B. Tropes
Post a reply