The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 70  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Wed April 11, 2018 6:50 pm 
Site Admin

Paul Ryan: "I'm going to make the biggest news waves today among the history of Speakers of the House!"
John Boehner: "Hold my bong."

PostPosted: Thu April 12, 2018 1:47 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Thu April 12, 2018 1:52 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i would like to get irey with john boehner and have a good cry it out session

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 8:54 am 
Broken Tamborine

96583UP wrote:
i would like to get irey with john boehner and have a good cry it out session

you must be...soooo...high.....

PostPosted: Wed April 18, 2018 5:40 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

McParadigm wrote:
If I were the Republican Party, I’d definitely take SOME action against Trump in order to upset Democrat enthusiasm, and then I’d try like hell to run Robert Mueller in 2020. Their base will froth in the moment, but they’ll always fall in line with time and anti-abortion promises. And running Mueller would thoroughly revoke the shadow of 2017/18’s weak simpering.

If I were the Democratic Party, I'd definitely try to shut up about gun control between now and November, as this is basically the only issue that the Dems can lose on.

Is this an issue of the women's march organizers not coordinating with the national level party? We have a historical context here, and its a really stupid thing to ignore.

PostPosted: Thu April 19, 2018 3:26 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

What happens to David Hogg if the midterms are disappointing? :-|

PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 12:41 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Wasn’t enough to close the gap, but still true. A typical 20+ Republican lead turned into +5.

PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 1:10 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Correction: my numbers were close, but the spending makes it even wilder.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:29 pm 
Site Admin

Someone needs to tell him that coke is fucking deader than dead, and that heroin's come back in a big fucking way.

Also, this is the guy that was CEO of Massey Energy, a viciously bad coal company, and he served jail time for what he did there.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 12:54 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Green Habit wrote:
Someone needs to tell him that coke is fucking deader than dead, and that heroin's come back in a big fucking way.

Also, this is the guy that was CEO of Massey Energy, a viciously bad coal company, and he served jail time for what he did there.

Maybe the China People are using coke.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 1:25 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

B wrote:
Green Habit wrote:

Maybe the China People are using coke.

that is a racist lie

they don't use Coke

they put pee pee in Coke

but it's just a joke

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:47 am 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

Green Habit wrote:

I didn't realize that until this past weekend!

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:03 pm 
The Master

The Hill: Sorry, there’s not going to be any 'blue tidal wave' this fall
http://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/387 ... -this-fall

Quote:
Each day, the impending electoral “blue tidal wave” gets upgraded on the Hawaiian scale of electoral wave strength. Every special election, no matter how small, is inflated to an epic scale that “spells disaster” for the president and the party he commandeered in 2016.

Just one thing stands in the way of this electoral disaster of biblical proportions.

Reality.

The writing is simply not on the wall for a Democratic blow-out. The president’s approval rating has been consistently higher than Obama enjoyed at the same point in his presidency. Economic news has been staggeringly good. The unemployment rate is at a 44-year low. The Democrats have no coherent message. The NRA is flush with cash following this year’s extremist anti-gun rhetoric. And the RNC has 40 million dollars more than the “dead broke” DNC.

Now, this is not to suggest that Republicans will make huge gains themselves. Honestly, how many more offices are left for Republicans to win? The only place where Republicans could see real growth is California, where we might not even be able to field a candidate for governor or senator. The party’s silver lining for the Golden State is, as always, that California is the living embodiment of the failure of left-wing politics. With no grown-ups in Sacramento, California’s pain is the Republicans’ gain.

And for their electoral woes in the other 49 states, Democrats have no one to blame but themselves.

The party that once genuinely championed the working-class and traditional liberal values has been hijacked by elite coastal millionaires; insane college professors; impossible-to-please social justice warriors; and an unending, unthinking mob of protesters. The Democrats’ “big tent” has become a three-ring circus.

Liberals no longer call themselves “liberal” because they have abandoned the values that word embodies: “liberty.” Instead they now use the Orwellian term “progressive.” Only what we want is progress. Those who disagree will report to the Ministry of Love for re-education.

The far left, which has become the mainstream left, has turned on core liberal values like the presumption of innocence; freedom of speech; freedom of the press; the right to a secret ballot; racial integration; and freedom of religion. (The last one doesn’t even require a citation.) So basically, progressives have declared war on the core tenets of democracy.

Many even want to get rid of democracy.

There’s no room for classical freedoms when there’s a frenzied mob starving for its daily dose of outrage. The left now wantonly advocates violence against dissenters and frequently carries it out. Progressives haven’t just abandoned the best parts of liberalism, they’ve embraced the worst tactics once used only by the far-right.

This was bad in the years leading up to Trump’s victory and has only gotten worse since. Instead of toning down, the left has doubled down — with fresh attacks every day on any American institution imaginable. Upon the altar of impossible multi-culturalism, the schizophrenic left has sacrificed any hint of unity, which we’re seeing already with nasty primaries and disobedient candidates.

They have no core set of principles such as, say, nationalism — or even better, shared religious values. Their manufactured unity is constantly shrieking about prejudice, and inventing it when they can’t find it, with divisive, hypocritical nonsense like “micro-aggressions,” “cultural appropriation,” and telling people they can’t wear Black Panther costumes.

The modern left has waged a constant, relentless attack on American culture. Their main victim has been the Democratic Party itself.

Doubling down on identity politics will make finding a single candidate impossible, with 50 Democrats competing for the top spot and two unforgivably old white men at the head of the pack. Sorry, Bernie Sanders: even being Jewish won’t be enough for diversity zealots, and it certainly won’t sit well with the increasingly anti-Semitic part of the party of protests.

Democrats will fight each other over ideological purity, cannibalize their side’s resources, and provide endless grist for Matt Drudge to shock mainstream America into re-electing the man they feel stands between them and anarchy. Voters may want to check some of Trump’s eccentricities, but why give control of the country to people who can’t hate it enough?

Conventional wisdom suggests the party out of power will pick up seats in a midterm election, which does seem reasonable. But keep in mind that the same people predicting disaster assured us two years ago that Trump could never be the nominee, and then could never win the White House. After miscalculating the 2000 elections, pundits became cautious. After imploding in 2016, they became hysterical.

So ignore the obstinate, biased, alarmist headlines: the blue tidal wave will, at best, be a blue trickle.

Jared Whitley served as associate director in the White House under George W. Bush and as press liaison for Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah).

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:22 pm 
The Master

Yea I stopped reading that after noticing some of the language he was using. Democrats bring over taken by billionaire class .... ok sure .... but he acts like republicans or our government in general hasn’t?

Gladly read a legit analysis on the above topic but that read like a Rachel Maddow monologue

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:24 pm 
The Master

Strat wrote:
Yea I stopped reading that after noticing some of the language he was using. Democrats bring over tskennby millionaire rosters .... ok sure .... but he acts like republicans or our government in general hasn’t?

Gladly read a legit analysis on the above topic but that read like a Rachel Maddow monologue

It read as very mixed for me. Some of his criticisms are spot on -- most notable the lack of a unified vision from the left, and their recent turn on their former values -- but then other parts were plainly false/pandering to the right.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:51 pm 
The Master

I'm surprised he didn't drop a "Hussein" in the Obama intro.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:22 pm 
AnalLog

This country died a long time ago.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:41 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

tragabigzanda wrote:
Quote:
The writing is simply not on the wall for a Democratic blow-out. The president’s approval rating has been consistently higher than Obama enjoyed at the same point in his presidency.

WTF, man. That's the opening salvo, but it's demonstrably false.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/tr ... l-ratings/

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:53 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

B wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Quote:
The writing is simply not on the wall for a Democratic blow-out. The president’s approval rating has been consistently higher than Obama enjoyed at the same point in his presidency.

If I remember correctly, trag loves 538.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:13 am 
The Master

Simple Torture wrote:
B wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Quote:

If I remember correctly, trag loves 538.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 70  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate