The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Mon July 09, 2018 10:13 pm 
Rank This Poster

McParadigm wrote:
I don’t disagree with any of that. My point was only that current state does not represent a downtrend in economics education, which might then be used to explain societal attitude changes over the last 10 years (as described by Bi_3).

Hey man, I was just repeating what I heard. I claim no expertise in this area

PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 10:04 am 
Rank This Poster

This guy gets it:

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2018-07-12/sen-chris-coons-democrats-need-to-abandon-wild-eyed-race-to-left

Quote:
"If we as a Democratic Party are going to move from a minority at every level that is dedicated to resistance, to a majority that is capable of governing, we have got to move from grievance to optimism," Coons said in a speech in Washington. "And we've got to abandon a politics of anxiety that is characterized by wild-eyed proposals and instead deliver ideas and practical solutions."

"Instead of having something that makes a Twitter hashtag and gets you on Rachel Maddow and fires people up, we need to have something that fires people up and is a policy position we can actually defend."

"Forty percent of voters self-identify as pragmatic or moderate. We cannot abandon them," he warned.

PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 3:09 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Sigh.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate