Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Hate Groups: White Supremacists, Neo-Nazis, the Alt-Righ

Fri February 28, 2020 4:01 am

yeah that's like a quadruple break!

Fri February 28, 2020 5:21 am

96583UP wrote:
B wrote:Protesters tore down the Confederate statue that used to be on UNC's campus. Because they don't want to fight a court battle against racists, UNC paid the Sons of the Confederacy $2.5 million in tax-payer dollars to build a new, off-campus, display for the statue.

SotC celebrated by taking pictures of themselves throwing up KKK signs with the statue.

i don't think Robert E. Lee would have approved of the level of break in those pants

tragabigzanda wrote:yeah that's like a quadruple break!

and look at those fucking shoes

Hitler would be outraged

Sat February 29, 2020 4:19 am

Mon June 01, 2020 7:12 pm

Proud Boys showing up at Raleigh protests. Some local people here in Wilmington have photos of dudes in PB hats at the Wilmington protests last night as well

Mon June 01, 2020 7:17 pm

This is also from Raleigh:

Mon June 01, 2020 7:21 pm

It's Double Secret Undercover Antifa.

Mon June 01, 2020 7:24 pm

People out there think The National are the leaders of Antifa: https://news.avclub.com/the-nationals-a ... 1843823181

Mon June 01, 2020 7:35 pm

Why the fuck do these alt right gangs have the lamest names ever? Proud Boys? Boogaloo Boiz? Sounds like a gay sex orgy, not a violent racist gang.

Mon June 01, 2020 7:42 pm

I recall a bar doorman I used to work with who had a Celtic cross on his arm. I had no idea it was a white nationalist symbol. I attended a Catholic university so I spotted it and asked him about it, thinking we had some theology in common. Nope. His answer was simply, "I'm kinda into the Crusades. Like, really into them." Biggest WTF moment I had in a while. That was back in 2016. So very fucking happy that dude doesn't work here anymore.

Mon June 01, 2020 7:51 pm

?? I wouldn’t think for a second that anyone with a Celtic cross was a white nationalist. You know how many of those tats are in Southie?

Mon June 01, 2020 8:27 pm

Not sure appealing to Boston culture really helps make the case for it not being racist.

Mon June 01, 2020 8:27 pm

lol beat me to it.

Mon June 01, 2020 8:28 pm

Sully might be racist but that's not why he got the Celtic Cross tattoo. It's just a coincidence.

Mon June 01, 2020 8:36 pm

I don't think the Celtic Cross is automatically a Nazi symbol but I'm not convinced anyone who has that tattoo isn't at least somewhat invested in a mythic white Euro identity/heritage that is on some deeper level problematic.

Mon June 01, 2020 8:39 pm

Mickey wrote:I don't think the Celtic Cross is automatically a Nazi symbol but I'm not convinced anyone who has that tattoo isn't at least somewhat invested in a mythic white Euro identity/heritage that is on some deeper level problematic.

Yikes. Literally thousands of guys from Charleston who’ve had this tattoo only because they’re proud of their Irish Catholic heritage.

Mon June 01, 2020 8:42 pm

Celtics fans are racist

Mon June 01, 2020 8:44 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
Mickey wrote:I don't think the Celtic Cross is automatically a Nazi symbol but I'm not convinced anyone who has that tattoo isn't at least somewhat invested in a mythic white Euro identity/heritage that is on some deeper level problematic.

Yikes. Literally thousands of guys from Charleston who’ve had this tattoo only because they’re proud of their Irish Catholic heritage.

Uh yes precisely.

Mon June 01, 2020 8:45 pm

Mickey wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Uh yes precisely.

Once you slap it on a minority owned LGBT business...well....

Mon June 01, 2020 8:46 pm

Yes but the part about it being inherently problematic doesn’t make a lick of sense. Your Ivy League understanding/opinion on the issue is probably vastly different from that of someone who was born and raised in Charleston, and is generally trying to demonstrate a core solidarity with their immediate community.

This is the very sort of liberal elitism that is fucking gross.

Mon June 01, 2020 8:48 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:Yes but the part about it being inherently problematic doesn’t make a lick of sense. Your Ivy League understanding/opinion on the issue is probably vastly different from that of someone who was born and raised in Charleston, and is generally trying to demonstrate a core solidarity with their immediate community.

This is the very sort of liberal elitism that is fucking gross.

I hate everyone and everything that is not me right now
Post a reply