The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Babysitting: The Catch-All Anti-SJW Thread
PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 7:38 am 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:41 am
Posts: 1387
theplatypus wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
Can anyone provide a link to a critique of Jordan Peterson that isn't overly obsessed with the trans aspect?

This makes some compelling points; beyond a simple take-down of Peterson's rhetoric, it also examines the root of his popularity

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2018/03/ ... we-deserve


Some of the complaints I've seen say that he ALSO dabbles in post modernism.

Thus always, the soft sciences, I guess.

Thanks for the link.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Babysitting: The Catch-All Anti-SJW Thread
PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 8:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 32889
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
For awhile I thought that when he was speaking of post-modernism, he was only speaking of tactics. Things like deconstruction and the like. Sure, the SJWs use tactics that one could say is derived from postmodernism, but so does everyone else.

But then some of the prominent postmodern thinkers are highly critical of all of Western Civilization, to the point of wanting to dismantle it (and that this belief relates to Marxism somehow), and it's clear that the worst professors and activists on the left wholeheartedly embrace this idea, so it isn't just a matter of tactics. It's at the core of their philosophy.

Its frustrating that he never clarifies this or gets specific about it. I doubt most of his interviewers would even know where to start asking that question.

I also think he (or maybe it was someone else, I can't remember) said that these Leftists are actually only using a surface level or mistaken understanding of what one could call postmodernism as a justification for their actions, which is probably more likely.

_________________
daft twat wrote:
Saw Coal Chamber 3 or 4 times by accident.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Babysitting: The Catch-All Anti-SJW Thread
PostPosted: Wed March 21, 2018 12:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 32889
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
OI MATE YOU GOT A JOKE LICENSE?



1 to 5 years in jail? UK is not a serious country any more.

_________________
daft twat wrote:
Saw Coal Chamber 3 or 4 times by accident.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Babysitting: The Catch-All Anti-SJW Thread
PostPosted: Wed March 21, 2018 6:10 am 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:41 am
Posts: 1387
BurtReynolds wrote:
OI MATE YOU GOT A JOKE LICENSE?



1 to 5 years in jail? UK is not a serious country any more.


I only saw the pug before. Thats a fair punishment for those piercings.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Babysitting: The Catch-All Anti-SJW Thread
PostPosted: Wed March 21, 2018 6:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 32889
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
Dankula did nothing wrong.

That nazi pug is to blame for all of this.

_________________
daft twat wrote:
Saw Coal Chamber 3 or 4 times by accident.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Babysitting: The Catch-All Anti-SJW Thread
PostPosted: Wed March 21, 2018 6:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 35981
simple schoolboy wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
OI MATE YOU GOT A JOKE LICENSE?



1 to 5 years in jail? UK is not a serious country any more.


I only saw the pug before. Thats a fair punishment for those piercings.

This terrible post is worthy of 1 to 5 years in jail

_________________
BurtReynolds wrote:
Life is a confusing, horrifying nightmare that only ends in death. There is no hope.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Babysitting: The Catch-All Anti-SJW Thread
PostPosted: Wed March 21, 2018 7:50 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 32889
Location: Donkeys live a long time.

_________________
daft twat wrote:
Saw Coal Chamber 3 or 4 times by accident.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Babysitting: The Catch-All Anti-SJW Thread
PostPosted: Wed March 21, 2018 8:09 am 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:41 am
Posts: 1387
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
OI MATE YOU GOT A JOKE LICENSE?



1 to 5 years in jail? UK is not a serious country any more.


I only saw the pug before. Thats a fair punishment for those piercings.

This terrible post is worthy of 1 to 5 years in jail


I missed the gauges. =/


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Babysitting: The Catch-All Anti-SJW Thread
PostPosted: Sat March 24, 2018 2:50 am 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 3910
Image

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Babysitting: The Catch-All Anti-SJW Thread
PostPosted: Tue March 27, 2018 11:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:21 am
Posts: 1506
http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/quebec-deputy-minister-gets-pushback-after-questioning-place-of-indigenous-traditional-knowledge

“offensive” of Quebec to attempt to favour science in a “hierarchy of knowledges" including indigenous

The letter, sent last month from a Quebec environment official to one of his federal counterparts, does not seem all that inflammatory. The Quebec official notes that proposed federal legislation requiring that traditional Indigenous knowledge be taken into account when assessing environmental impacts permits a “very broad” definition of such knowledge. And, he adds, the bill should be clearer about how traditional knowledge is to be weighed against scientific data when deciding whether a project should proceed.

But when the letter recently became public, it provoked an outraged reaction from Quebec Indigenous leaders, an apology from two Quebec cabinet ministers and, this week, an accusation of racism from a University of Ottawa law professor.

In a letter published Monday in Le Devoir, Thomas Burelli and seven of his colleagues at the university said it was “offensive” of Quebec to attempt to favour science in a “hierarchy of knowledges.”

Burelli said in an interview Tuesday that the Feb. 6 letter from Quebec deputy minister Patrick Beauchesne reflects a “racism of intelligence. It is saying we think there is a form of intelligence that is superior, that of science. They are methods developed by the West and so they must take precedence over Indigenous knowledge.”

The same day Radio-Canada first reported on the Beauchesne letter, Quebec environment minister Isabelle Melançon and Native affairs minister Geoffrey Kelley wrote to apologize to Ghislain Picard, Quebec regional chief of the Assembly of First Nations. They said they were “aware and sorry” that Beauchesne’s letter had “raised, as written, many questions among the Aboriginal population.”

The ministers stressed that “Quebec recognizes Aboriginal traditional knowledge” and invited Picard to meet to discuss collaboration on “new ways of doing things.”

The same day, federal environment minister Catherine McKenna declared her intention to push ahead with the legislative changes. “We will advance our commitment to reconciliation, and get to better project decisions by recognizing Indigenous rights, and working in partnership from the start,” she tweeted. “We will make it mandatory to consider Indigenous traditional knowledge alongside science and other evidence.”

Quebec’s Innu chiefs accused Quebec of making “insulting remarks on the value and relevance of Frist Nations’ traditional knowledge” and of seeking “to limit the role of First Nations in projects.” In an interview this week, Picard rejected the provincial ministers’ offer of a meeting and said their apology was not enough to assuage Indigenous anger.

“We’re still very much upset,” Picard said. “There’s no need to meet. Traditional indigenous knowledge is already a recognized fact….Quebec has isolated itself from a notion that has been widely recognized, nationally and even internationally.”

The letter that prompted the uproar was written in the context of federal-provincial consultations on changes to the federal environmental assessment regime.

Bill C-69, which received first reading in the House of Commons on Feb. 8, would require that before a project subject to a federal assessment is approved, “traditional knowledge of the Indigenous peoples of Canada provided with respect to the project” be taken into account — though it provides no definition of “traditional knowledge.” The bill further states that when traditional knowledge is provided in confidence, it “is confidential and must not knowingly be, or be permitted to be, disclosed without written consent.”

Beauchesne wrote that Ottawa’s intention to systematically place Indigenous knowledge on equal footing with scientific data “could prove problematic in cases where Indigenous knowledge and science are found to be in contradiction.” He said criteria should be established to evaluate the accuracy of the traditional knowledge.

Yves Gingras, Canada Research Chair in the history and sociology of science at the Université du Québec à Montréal, said the questions raised by Beauchesne were legitimate. He said the bill as written requires traditional knowledge to be taken at face value. “It’s seen as lacking sensitivity to question it,” Gingras said. “No. Science puts everything into question.”

He raised the example of a Supreme Court of Canada decision last year. The court rejected an attempt by British Columbia’s Ktunaxa First Nation to block a ski resort because of concerns the development would drive away the Grizzly Bear Spirit, central to their religious beliefs. Under the proposed environmental legislation, the belief in a spirit’s presence would be considered traditional knowledge that could scuttle a future project, Gingras said.

Burelli sees no problem with incorporating such knowledge into an impact assessment. “Let’s pay attention in this. Instead of mocking it, which is very insulting,” he said. “If we look at the question of the bear spirit according to our scientific criteria, obviously it will be put aside. But if we seriously take it into account, if we talk to people who believe these things, we will maybe be very impressed.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Babysitting: The Catch-All Anti-SJW Thread
PostPosted: Wed March 28, 2018 1:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 7628
this is why you are supposed to kill all the indians with smallpox blankets

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Babysitting: The Catch-All Anti-SJW Thread
PostPosted: Thu March 29, 2018 6:51 am 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:41 am
Posts: 1387
96583UP wrote:
this is why you are supposed to kill all the indians with smallpox blankets


They would have gone that path if they had the option. Early Quebecers were fur traders that often interbred with the Indians. It not like their English speaking neighbors would consent to coitus :roll: .


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Babysitting: The Catch-All Anti-SJW Thread
PostPosted: Fri March 30, 2018 12:30 pm 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 3910
Translation needed:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/isle-dogs-is-cultural-appropriation-hollywoods-next-big-battleground-1098228

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Babysitting: The Catch-All Anti-SJW Thread
PostPosted: Thu April 12, 2018 9:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Site Admin
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 12, 2012 10:33 pm
Posts: 5549
I don't really participate in this thread, but I had to post this somewhere:



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Babysitting: The Catch-All Anti-SJW Thread
PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 7:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Mon June 12, 2017 10:14 am
Posts: 223
Green Habit wrote:
I don't really participate in this thread, but I had to post this somewhere:


what did the mexican's do?



work hard? work too many jobs?>


we don't need reactionary bullshit.....republican ethos...we need policy that reflects rational views, and logic and common sense. Kid's seeing their parent's arrested and sent away is madness.

_________________
There's plenty for all.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Babysitting: The Catch-All Anti-SJW Thread
PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 9:10 am 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 3910
Noangel wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
I don't really participate in this thread, but I had to post this somewhere:


what did the mexican's do?



work hard? work too many jobs?>


we don't need reactionary bullshit.....republican ethos...we need policy that reflects rational views, and logic and common sense. Kid's seeing their parent's arrested and sent away is madness.


I don’t think you will find many people of any mainstream political affiliation that want kids to watch the parents being arrested and deported, which is exactly why it’s important for people to understand the weaknesses in the current law and how to modernize it to balance protecting innocents from populists armed with legal shortcomings. When reactionary idiots prevent that kind of message from getting out there because #justice, it creates the very environment that puts these families in danger.

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Babysitting: The Catch-All Anti-SJW Thread
PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 9:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Mon June 12, 2017 10:14 am
Posts: 223
Bi_3 wrote:
Noangel wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
I don't really participate in this thread, but I had to post this somewhere:


what did the mexican's do?



work hard? work too many jobs?>


we don't need reactionary bullshit.....republican ethos...we need policy that reflects rational views, and logic and common sense. Kid's seeing their parent's arrested and sent away is madness.


I don’t think you will find many people of any mainstream political affiliation that want kids to watch the parents being arrested and deported, which is exactly why it’s important for people to understand the weaknesses in the current law and how to modernize it to balance protecting innocents from populists armed with legal shortcomings. When reactionary idiots prevent that kind of message from getting out there because #justice, it creates the very environment that puts these families in danger.


weakness in the current law? Mexican immigrants account for less than half of all illegal's, and that number has been dropping since 2009. Adults protected by Daca goes back to 2006, and none since.

There is no reason to crack down on illegal immigration.....no surge in crime, no surge in immigration, no surge in anything.....


Racism and reactionary bullshit are certainly not good enough reasons to react to current policy. The excuse, 'Obama" is not enough, by itself.

_________________
There's plenty for all.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Babysitting: The Catch-All Anti-SJW Thread
PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 9:51 am 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 3910
Noangel wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Noangel wrote:
Green Habit wrote:
I don't really participate in this thread, but I had to post this somewhere:


what did the mexican's do?



work hard? work too many jobs?>


we don't need reactionary bullshit.....republican ethos...we need policy that reflects rational views, and logic and common sense. Kid's seeing their parent's arrested and sent away is madness.


I don’t think you will find many people of any mainstream political affiliation that want kids to watch the parents being arrested and deported, which is exactly why it’s important for people to understand the weaknesses in the current law and how to modernize it to balance protecting innocents from populists armed with legal shortcomings. When reactionary idiots prevent that kind of message from getting out there because #justice, it creates the very environment that puts these families in danger.


weakness in the current law? Mexican immigrants account for less than half of all illegal's, and that number has been dropping since 2009. Adults protected by Daca goes back to 2006, and none since.

There is no reason to crack down on illegal immigration.....no surge in crime, no surge in immigration, no surge in anything.....


Racism and reactionary bullshit are certainly not good enough reasons to react to current policy. The excuse, 'Obama" is not enough, by itself.



Thanks for illustrating my point

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Babysitting: The Catch-All Anti-SJW Thread
PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 10:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 32889
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
Image

_________________
daft twat wrote:
Saw Coal Chamber 3 or 4 times by accident.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Babysitting: The Catch-All Anti-SJW Thread
PostPosted: Fri April 20, 2018 10:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 32889
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
This week in Britain is a joke country news:

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-england ... ssion=true

A teenager who posted rap lyrics which included racist language on Instagram has been found guilty of sending a grossly offensive message.

_________________
daft twat wrote:
Saw Coal Chamber 3 or 4 times by accident.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Citizen Dick and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat July 21, 2018 5:50 am