The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 135  Next
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Babysitting: The Catch-All Anti-SJW Thread
PostPosted: Fri June 02, 2017 7:58 pm 
Future Drummer

Fuzzy_Dunlop wrote:
surfndestroy wrote:
I think this article and judge's response shows how entrenched victimhood is and is treated a valued commodity.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/innocent-man-locked-up-19-days-after-ex-wife-makes-up-story-you-hurt-every-real-victim-out-there

Basically, woman files false domestic abuse charges, man spends 19 days in jail before she recants. She is charged and sentenced to 60 days. Judge says she has hurt every victim of abuse, making it harder for them to come forward. While that's factual, what about the true victim of this crime the man who spent 19 days in jail?

Imagine if a judge in finding a man guilty of rape said the real victims were other men who were now not going to be trusted as much by women.

Seems like the judge was saying both the innocent husband AND victims of real abuse are harmed by the false accusation.

“When you did what you did, you not only hurt (the ex-spouse), you hurt every real victim out there, every real complainant,” Ontario Court Justice Karen Lische told Gauthier, as she issued a 60-day sentence.

Would love to see how that flies if said about a rapist.

When victimhood is such a coveted status that the judge feels it is appropriate when a woman has directly harmed a man that she has also harmed women. By that logic mean are the real victims of almost everything. More men go through the court system, usually with only a single victim (male or female) but also victimizing every other man along the way.

PostPosted: Fri June 02, 2017 8:06 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Mon March 06, 2023 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri June 02, 2017 8:09 pm 
The Master

surfndestroy wrote:
Fuzzy_Dunlop wrote:
surfndestroy wrote:
I think this article and judge's response shows how entrenched victimhood is and is treated a valued commodity.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/innocent-man-locked-up-19-days-after-ex-wife-makes-up-story-you-hurt-every-real-victim-out-there

Basically, woman files false domestic abuse charges, man spends 19 days in jail before she recants. She is charged and sentenced to 60 days. Judge says she has hurt every victim of abuse, making it harder for them to come forward. While that's factual, what about the true victim of this crime the man who spent 19 days in jail?

Imagine if a judge in finding a man guilty of rape said the real victims were other men who were now not going to be trusted as much by women.

Seems like the judge was saying both the innocent husband AND victims of real abuse are harmed by the false accusation.

“When you did what you did, you not only hurt (the ex-spouse), you hurt every real victim out there, every real complainant,” Ontario Court Justice Karen Lische told Gauthier, as she issued a 60-day sentence.

When victimhood is such a coveted status that the judge feels it is appropriate when a woman has directly harmed a man that she has also harmed women. By that logic mean are the real victims of almost everything. More men go through the court system, usually with only a single victim (male or female) but also victimizing every other man along the way.

I don't think victimhood is a "coveted status" for the victims. Jesus Christ, what a fucking dickhead post.

PostPosted: Fri June 02, 2017 8:11 pm 
post-structuralist

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
surfndestroy wrote:
Fuzzy_Dunlop wrote:
surfndestroy wrote:

I don't think victimhood is a "coveted status" for the victims. Jesus Christ, what a fucking dickhead post.

He has some women hating issues

Spoiler: show
people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed

PostPosted: Fri June 02, 2017 8:15 pm 
A Return To Form

surfndestroy wrote:
Fuzzy_Dunlop wrote:
surfndestroy wrote:

Are you trying to show how annoying snowflakes are by making yourself (and I guess men in general) out to be one?

PostPosted: Fri June 02, 2017 8:43 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

The wife and I would like to thank you for having us to your dinner party.

Last edited by The Argonaut on Wed June 19, 2019 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri June 02, 2017 9:41 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

PostPosted: Fri June 02, 2017 9:42 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

THIS

PostPosted: Fri June 02, 2017 10:17 pm 
Banned from the Pit

surfndestroy wrote:
Fuzzy_Dunlop wrote:
surfndestroy wrote:

Yikes. Maybe dial it back a little, dude.

PostPosted: Fri June 02, 2017 10:17 pm 
The Master

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri June 02, 2017 10:37 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Dev wrote:
THIS

That's a scary thumbnail. I'm not sure I want to watch that guy take a shit. Or have a heart attack. Or whatever it is he's about to do, it looks painful.

PostPosted: Fri June 02, 2017 11:51 pm 
RM Elitist

Jesus Ted Bundy.

PostPosted: Sat June 03, 2017 4:06 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

The Argonaut wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Yeah, this is the story making me angriest right now. It's just so ugly and embarrassing.

Ethnoseparatism is a logical midpoint of post-modernist thought. What makes this story so tragic is not the students, they are free to think what they want, but the adults that are so terrified of them that they cower before what is clearly violent intimidation of their peers. They seem to think if they agree to the mobs demands, that's the end of it, like a scared child that's defends a schoolyard bully to avoid being hassled next

PostPosted: Sat June 03, 2017 5:21 pm 
Future Drummer

a Theodore Bundy post followed by a rather cogent excoriation of the implications of post-modernist "thought"?

this page is the summit to which all of N&D - nay, RM - attempts to ascend

PostPosted: Sat June 03, 2017 6:28 pm 
Poster of the Year

theplatypus wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

I usually roll my eyes at the "oooo college kids these days are coddled snowflakes!" thing but this situation is really disheartening

same

PostPosted: Sat June 03, 2017 10:00 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

A little context helps.

Weinstein has been an increasingly polarizing figure there, as he has previously opposed other race-related efforts (including efforts to diversify the faculty) and ran to Tucker Carlson and other hard right media to "plead" his case / put the university down. Regardless of the merits of the effort, the perception there is that he likes to publicize himself at the U's expense (it doesn't help that he didn't pitch this fit in earlier years, when it was people of color who were staying away from campus for a day).

It doesn't surprise me that the NYT locked into the Breitbart version of this...but it does disappoint.

PostPosted: Sat June 03, 2017 10:13 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

McParadigm wrote:
(it doesn't help that he didn't pitch this fit in earlier years, when it was people of color who were staying away from campus for a day)

That's what the whole argument is about, isn't it? Changing what the Day of Absence is, and the implications of it?

PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 12:23 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Mon March 06, 2023 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 12:26 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Ehhhhh NBPOC is not an EXACT SYNONYM of "Asian". Switch out the terms in the tweet and it doesn't really play the same way.

PostPosted: Sun June 04, 2017 12:27 am 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 135  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate