The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 135  Next
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Babysitting: The Catch-All Anti-SJW Thread
PostPosted: Tue July 05, 2022 2:22 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

B wrote:
I'm posting this to see if I can break Bi_3.

I think this is a better example of what is making you mad than that abortion doctor.

Is it not also a bit strange to post a bloody selfie on social media?

PostPosted: Tue July 05, 2022 2:29 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

True, but I withhold judgement of the traumatized.

PostPosted: Tue July 05, 2022 2:30 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Well, I withhold harsh judgement of the traumatized.

PostPosted: Tue July 05, 2022 2:46 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

JuanHamm wrote:
B wrote:

I think this is a better example of what is making you mad than that abortion doctor.

Is it not also a bit strange to post a bloody selfie on social media?

Sorry, are there accepted protocols for how to behave after you've been hit by a bullet in a mass shooting?

PostPosted: Tue July 05, 2022 2:57 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I guess you're right. It just seems weird to me, but I'm old and don't really use social media.

PostPosted: Tue July 05, 2022 3:17 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Mon March 06, 2023 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue July 05, 2022 3:18 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

B wrote:

So I don't let you down, which of these comments is suppose to bother me?

PostPosted: Tue July 05, 2022 3:18 pm 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
eh, they both probably mean well I guess.

:shock:

PostPosted: Tue July 05, 2022 3:21 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:

So I don't let you down, which of these comments is suppose to bother me?

:lol: It's not in the actual comments. You have to view the image. The offending comment is screen captured for this tweet.

PostPosted: Tue July 05, 2022 3:27 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

It just looks like someone was expressing pain at being victimized in a horrible crime, someone else posted an insensitive, poorly timed, but well meaning attempt to tell them how to address it, and some one else called them on the insensitive attempt a stupid way. Which of these behaviors bothers me? Can you put like a big red circle on it?

PostPosted: Tue July 05, 2022 3:30 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Mon March 06, 2023 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue July 05, 2022 3:35 pm 
The Master

Bi_3 wrote:
It just looks like someone was expressing pain at being victimized in a horrible crime, someone else posted an insensitive, poorly timed, but well meaning attempt to tell them how to address it, and some one else called them on the insensitive attempt a stupid way. Which of these behaviors bothers me? Can you put like a big red circle on it?

How would you feel if the young woman was discussing the trauma of a recent abortion instead of a mass shooting?

PostPosted: Tue July 05, 2022 3:47 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

spike wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

How would you feel if the young woman was discussing the trauma of a recent abortion instead of a mass shooting?

The situations are not comparable, so I don't understand what the big gotcha is here.

PostPosted: Tue July 05, 2022 4:12 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Bi_3 wrote:

I thought you were offended by pointless platitudes without action. I guess I still don't understand what offended you by the doctor who was upset about abortion restrictions in Ohio.

PostPosted: Tue July 05, 2022 4:29 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

I thought you were offended by pointless platitudes without action. I guess I still don't understand what offended you by the doctor who was upset about abortion restrictions in Ohio.

I get frustrated by people who have the capability to help but choose to stoke outrage and panic instead. Let me put in a way RM can understand: "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."

PostPosted: Tue July 05, 2022 4:43 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Is that quote considered grooming if it wasn't disney content at the time of its creation?

PostPosted: Tue July 05, 2022 5:18 pm 
The Master

Bi_3 wrote:
spike wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

The situations are not comparable, so I don't understand what the big gotcha is here.

Okay, gotcha.

PostPosted: Wed July 06, 2022 2:41 pm 
mXn

Rob wrote:
Bammer you could easily end this dumb debate by telling us how you identify (as far as race/ethnicity).

Going forward any survey that asks "which _____ do you identify as" rather than "which ____ are you" I'll just answer OTHER. It'll be a big mystery. Keep them guessing.

PostPosted: Wed July 06, 2022 2:42 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Wow, so cool.

PostPosted: Wed July 06, 2022 3:52 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Bammer wrote:
Rob wrote:
Bammer you could easily end this dumb debate by telling us how you identify (as far as race/ethnicity).

Going forward any survey that asks "which _____ do you identify as" rather than "which ____ are you" I'll just answer OTHER. It'll be a big mystery. Keep them guessing.

That'll teach 'em!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 135  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate