The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 135  Next
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Babysitting: The Catch-All Anti-SJW Thread
PostPosted: Wed June 09, 2021 10:48 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Teacher Dana Stangel-Plowe Speaks Out About Dwight-Englewood School

At a school in Englewood, New Jersey, Dana Stangel-Plowe is working to advance civil rights and liberties, and promote a common culture based on fairness, understanding and humanity.

https://www.fairforall.org/profiles-in-courage/dwight-englewood-whistleblower/

Borders on unbelievable, but hey, it's just "yearly online training" right? Nothing to worry about. Just teaching kids their history. Definitely not going to lead to widespread violence. Nope.

PostPosted: Tue June 15, 2021 1:58 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

North Korean defector says 'even North Korea was not this nuts' after attending Ivy League school

https://news.yahoo.com/north-korean-defector-says-apos-150720135.html

Quote:
"English is my third language. I learned it as an adult. I sometimes still say 'he' or 'she' by mistake and now they are going to ask me to call them 'they?'" she said. "How the heck do I incorporate that into my sentences?"

"It was chaos. It felt like the regression in civilization," Park said.

"Even North Korea is not this nuts. North Korea is pretty crazy, but not this crazy."

PostPosted: Tue June 15, 2021 2:40 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Quote:
"I expected that I was paying this fortune, all this time and energy, to learn how to think. But they are forcing you to think the way they want you to think," Park said in an interview with Fox News. "I realized, wow, this is insane. I thought America was different but I saw so many similarities to what I saw in North Korea that I started worrying."

Those similarities include anti-Western sentiment, collective guilt and suffocating political correctness.

Yeonmi saw red flags immediately upon arriving at the school.

During orientation, she was scolded by a university staff member for admitting she enjoyed classic literature such as Jane Austen.

"I said ‘I love those books.’ I thought it was a good thing," recalled Park.

"Then she said, 'Did you know those writers had a colonial mindset? They were racists and bigots and are subconsciously brainwashing you.’"

She transferred to Columbia in 2016. This class was taught there in 2016, 2017, and 2019.

Quote:
Jane Austen and the Poets, 4 pts, UN3824

Jane Austen and the Poets

Austen relished contemporary verse as did her readers. Studying her perfectly structured novels together with, for example, William Cowper’s rambling, loco-descriptive, blank-verse meditations on nature and society, or George Crabbe’s biting couplets about miserable village life, shall enrich our appreciation of the atmosphere in which Austen cultivated her sensibility, anticipated the taste and moral tenor of her readers, and exercised artistic control. We will read three of her novels —Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, and Persuasion—alongside the poets she and her readers loved and whose poems they enjoyed hearing recited by characters in her novels. Our poets include Johnson, Cowper (her beloved favorite), Crabbe, Smith, Barbauld, Wordsworth, and Coleridge, among others.

Section Number

PostPosted: Tue June 15, 2021 7:53 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

PostPosted: Tue June 15, 2021 7:59 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue June 15, 2021 8:00 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

I had to google Motte and Bailey. Is that how we got President Trump?

PostPosted: Tue June 15, 2021 8:05 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

B wrote:
I had to google Motte and Bailey. Is that how we got President Trump?

It’s quite often how we get to war

PostPosted: Wed June 16, 2021 5:11 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Not gonna defend Bowles, but this linked text from Nigerian author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is awesome.

PostPosted: Thu June 24, 2021 3:28 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Mon March 06, 2023 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon June 28, 2021 4:38 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Canada to Make Online Hate Speech a Crime Punishable by $16,000 Fine (includes helpful picture of handsome guy taking swift action to defend the most vulnerable)

Quote:
Canada’s Attorney General David Lametti assured Canadians that the proposed law would not target “simple expressions of dislike or disdain” during a virtual press conference on Wednesday that was livestreamed on YouTube.

Instead, Lametti said, the law is only designed to punish the most extreme forms of hatred that “expresses detestation or vilification of a person or group on the basis of a prohibited ground of discrimination.”

"called it"

PostPosted: Mon June 28, 2021 4:46 pm 
Future Drummer

Bi_3 wrote:
Canada to Make Online Hate Speech a Crime Punishable by $16,000 Fine (includes helpful picture of handsome guy taking swift action to defend the most vulnerable)

Quote:
Canada’s Attorney General David Lametti assured Canadians that the proposed law would not target “simple expressions of dislike or disdain” during a virtual press conference on Wednesday that was livestreamed on YouTube.

Instead, Lametti said, the law is only designed to punish the most extreme forms of hatred that “expresses detestation or vilification of a person or group on the basis of a prohibited ground of discrimination.”

"called it"

Other than Freeland, I think Trudeau's game plan is to hide how stupid he is buy placing even stupider people in important positions. Trudeau is smart enough to know that outside of a nursery that he'll never be the smartest person in the room but with some horrible hirings he can make sure he's not the stupidest one on the room.

PostPosted: Mon July 05, 2021 6:37 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

If you've ever wondered what the term Social Justice term "problematize" looks like in practice, this is a textbook example:

https://time.com/6077220/air-conditioni ... ow-to-fix/

Quote:
The troubled history of air-conditioning suggests not that we chuck it entirely but that we focus on public cooling, on public comfort, rather than individual cooling, on individual comfort.

PostPosted: Tue July 06, 2021 2:14 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Bi_3 wrote:
If you've ever wondered what the term Social Justice term "problematize" looks like in practice, this is a textbook example:

Quote:
The troubled history of air-conditioning suggests not that we chuck it entirely but that we focus on public cooling, on public comfort, rather than individual cooling, on individual comfort.

That's what it looks like in "philosophy." The next sentence is how it looks in "practice."

Quote:
Ensuring that the most vulnerable among the planet’s human inhabitants can keep cool through better access to public cooling centers, shade-giving trees, safe green spaces, water infrastructure to cool, and smart design will not only enrich our cities overall, it will lower the temperature for everyone. It’s far more efficient this way.

Fucking Nazi SJWs! Wanting parks and trees and shit! :gomez:

PostPosted: Tue July 06, 2021 6:38 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Quote:

That's what it looks like in "philosophy." The next sentence is how it looks in "practice."

Quote:
Ensuring that the most vulnerable among the planet’s human inhabitants can keep cool through better access to public cooling centers, shade-giving trees, safe green spaces, water infrastructure to cool, and smart design will not only enrich our cities overall, it will lower the temperature for everyone. It’s far more efficient this way.

Fucking Nazi SJWs! Wanting parks and trees and shit! :gomez:

Sorry if that was confusing, I referring to the analytic practice of problematizing, not the results. The practice works like this:

1.) trending thing effecting coastal white people
2.) prime with existential dread
3.) history illustrating what the thing is "rooted in"
4.) How we solved it in the past, but actually made it worse
5.) False dichotomy on why the current methods wont solve it this time (hint: it's an *ism. It's always an *ism)
6.) Surprise.... *ism is to blame!
7.) Shame, Guilt, etc.
8.) Always mention racial disparities
9.) Conclude that the only answer is that people must self-immolate in the name equity

Like a third of news articles are this now

PostPosted: Wed July 07, 2021 12:30 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Bi_3 wrote:
9.) Conclude that the only answer is that people must self-immolate in the name equity

The article's solution was to build parks and plant more trees.

PostPosted: Wed July 07, 2021 1:06 am 
Looks Like a Cat

B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Are you sure that was the entire solution proposed?

PostPosted: Wed July 07, 2021 2:42 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Lmfao

PostPosted: Wed July 07, 2021 6:31 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

The also proposed public cooling centers and efficient building design.

PostPosted: Wed July 07, 2021 6:36 pm 
Future Drummer

B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
B wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

The also proposed public cooling centers and efficient building design.

How does efficient building design help poor people? It's not like they're going out and buying or renting new places with efficient building design. This may help in 30 years from now but they won't be efficient designs any longer.

PostPosted: Wed July 07, 2021 6:42 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Is this a quiet admission that renewables and storage are not going to fully replace the nuclear we are phasing out? Don't buy AC for your house because we aren't going to generate enough to run it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 135  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate