The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anti-Trump fascists attack in Berkeley
PostPosted: Tue March 07, 2017 2:39 am 
10Club Complaint Department

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Oh, a meme. My bad.

Keep ignoring reality, it's really helping your cause.

PostPosted: Tue March 07, 2017 2:40 am 
Poster of the Year

PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Oh, a meme. My bad.

Just because one douche burnt a sign doesn't mean I think Berkeley should have let a bigot incite a crowd with his rhetoric and put undocumented immigrants in their community in very real physical danger.

PostPosted: Tue March 07, 2017 2:41 am 
The Master

PHATJ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
You're right, they should have just let him out those undocumented students after whipping the crowd up into an anti-immigrant fervor. It would have been safer that way.

It's not anti immigration, it's anti ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. Why is this so hard for you goons to understand?

Yes, xenophobic assholes are always very careful to make this distinction.

Don't be retarded. I fully support legal immigrants, and I've literally never met anyone that doesn't. Illegal immigration hurts everyone, but it especially hurts the poor. Why do you hate the poor?

I wasn't calling you a xenophobic asshole. I was saying the xenophobic assholes that right-wing reactionaries incite with racist rhetoric just use the "anti-illegal immigration" argument to push an agenda of hatred and white nationalism.

PostPosted: Tue March 07, 2017 2:42 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Tue March 07, 2023 3:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue March 07, 2017 2:43 am 
Poster of the Year

Freedom of speech isn't freedom of platform. Milo can say what he wants, but if it's my venue I can tell him to go home.

PostPosted: Tue March 07, 2017 2:44 am 

cutuphalfdead wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Oh, a meme. My bad.

Just because one douche burnt a sign doesn't mean I think Berkeley should have let a bigot incite a crowd with his rhetoric and put undocumented immigrants in their community in very real physical danger.

So your imagined physical danger of illegal immigrants is more important to you that the real physical attacks that these deranged antifa assholes did to elderly people, women, and others? Brilliant.

PostPosted: Tue March 07, 2017 2:45 am 
Poster of the Year

And if you're going to name undocumented immigrants all while whipping the crowd into a fervor against illegal immigration, I'd say that comes pretty damned close to speech the creates a "clear and present danger".

The Master

PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Oh, a meme. My bad.

So your imagined physical danger of illegal immigrants is more important to you that the real physical attacks that these deranged antifa assholes did to elderly people, women, and others? Brilliant.

Are you fucking serious, man? You could not be more biased if you tried.

Poster of the Year

PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Oh, a meme. My bad.

I don't know what you're talking about.

PostPosted: Tue March 07, 2017 2:46 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Tue March 07, 2023 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue March 07, 2017 2:47 am 

BurtReynolds wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I'm not saying he shouldn't be allowed to speak, but I think it's pretty fucking suspect that an idiotic douchenozzle like him is getting a paid speaking gig at Berkeley.
That's fine. I think he's a con artist personally.

But more and more anyone who disagrees with the brand of leftism being put out by cancerous schools like Berkeley is being labelled a nazi and more protests and violence are making things worse. let people speak.
Quote:
And it's not an affront to free speech if Berkeley, as a community, decides that's not the type of thing they want at their school.

uh yes it is. Sure they (and by they I mean the school, not some vague buyllshit community) have a right to refuse anyone to speak on campuss, but it's still an affront to free speech. As a liberal university, they should WANT this.

There is literally nothing on planet Earth that defends the rights of marginalized people more than free speech.

I do have an utterly militant belief in the concept of free speech. There is no walking that back. Either you have free speech or you don't. There is no grey area. Hate speech is allowed. Private institutions have a right to do whatever they want, but they should WANT to hear what people have to say.

Agree with this 100%

Poster of the Year

BurtReynolds wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Freedom of speech isn't freedom of platform. Milo can say what he wants, but if it's my venue I can tell him to go home.

The venue wanted him there.

Until the students said they didn't. And I'd consider the student body to be a part of the overall institution, or the venue.

cutuphalfdead wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Oh, a meme. My bad.

Then you aren't paying attention, and you haven't followed the story. Two words: pepper spray.

PostPosted: Tue March 07, 2017 2:48 am 
Poster of the Year

PHATJ wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I'm not saying he shouldn't be allowed to speak, but I think it's pretty fucking suspect that an idiotic douchenozzle like him is getting a paid speaking gig at Berkeley.

But more and more anyone who disagrees with the brand of leftism being put out by cancerous schools like Berkeley is being labelled a nazi and more protests and violence are making things worse. let people speak.
Quote:
And it's not an affront to free speech if Berkeley, as a community, decides that's not the type of thing they want at their school.

uh yes it is. Sure they (and by they I mean the school, not some vague buyllshit community) have a right to refuse anyone to speak on campuss, but it's still an affront to free speech. As a liberal university, they should WANT this.

There is literally nothing on planet Earth that defends the rights of marginalized people more than free speech.

I do have an utterly militant belief in the concept of free speech. There is no walking that back. Either you have free speech or you don't. There is no grey area. Hate speech is allowed. Private institutions have a right to do whatever they want, but they should WANT to hear what people have to say.

Agree with this 100%

No shit, because no one is putting a picture of you on the stage after telling everyone there how people who look like you are everything that's wrong with this country and must be stopped and thrown out at all cost.

Poster of the Year

PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Oh, a meme. My bad.

Then you aren't paying attention, and you haven't followed the story. Two words: pepper spray.

Whatever the protesters did doesn't change my point.

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Tue March 07, 2023 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue March 07, 2017 2:49 am 
Poster of the Year

BurtReynolds wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Until the students said they didn't. And I'd consider the student body to be a part of the overall institution, or the venue.

The lunatics shouldn't run the asylum.

Now who's the authoritarian?

cutuphalfdead wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Except there are students there that wanted him to speak, and were silenced by a violence.

PostPosted: Tue March 07, 2017 2:50 am 
Poster of the Year

BurtReynolds wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

Quote:

Agree with this 100%

No shit, because no one is putting a picture of you on the stage after telling everyone there how people who look like you are everything that's wrong with this country and must be stopped and thrown out at all cost.

Are you fucking kidding? The left does this literally every fucking day.

Show me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate