Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump

Fri October 13, 2017 4:30 am

Strat wrote:
McParadigm wrote:So much for healthcare.

Why? you think his executive order is actually going to do anything? Or did i miss something?

He's dropping the CSR's.

President Trump will scrap subsidies to health insurance companies that help pay out-of-pocket costs of low-income people, the White House said late Thursday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/12/us/p ... -news&_r=0

Are Republicans going to be okay with the insurance market going haywire?

Fri October 13, 2017 5:00 am

The individual market was disrupted more than anything else. This effectively reverts a portion of that to the pre-ACA era.

For those not paying attention, the self employed were largely fucked by the ACA. This provides relief for them.

Fri October 13, 2017 5:49 am

Strat wrote:
meatwad wrote:
McParadigm wrote:So much for healthcare.

I’m just a nihilist on all this shit anymore. Burn the whole fucking country down, IDGAF. This is what we all deserve, whether you voted for him or not. This is what America deserves for being a bunch of ignorant, self-centered fucktards.

This is dumb because a majority of the voting population didnt vote for this.

This comment above is a fuckign cop out.

America sucks on so many levels, i agree but...

At this point there’s nothing more I can do than pull my hair out and drive myself crazy, and that’s not really going to change anything. He’s gonna do what he’s gonna do, and the only chance to change any of it is over a year away when midterms come around.

Fri October 13, 2017 1:11 pm

simple schoolboy wrote:For those not paying attention, the self employed were largely fucked by the ACA. This provides relief for them.

Self employed who earn more than 400% the poverty line (which would be $45k or so) and have no preexisting conditions, specifically. All three of those are required for ACA to not have benefitted you at all.

Now it's just all poor people with preexisting conditions who are fucked.

Fri October 13, 2017 1:17 pm

McParadigm wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:For those not paying attention, the self employed were largely fucked by the ACA. This provides relief for them.

Self employed who earn more than 400% the poverty line (which would be $45k or so) and have no preexisting conditions, specifically. All three of those are required for ACA to not have benefitted you at all.

Will it make our premiums go up?

Fri October 13, 2017 1:30 pm

wease wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

Will it make our premiums go up?

I dont honestly know that this is something Trump can win, legally. But he'll withhold subsidies until it's decided, which will create a lot of flux in some state markets. Insurers might leave, some states might have to fund the difference and hope that the courts will make the fed pay them back. It's gonna be a real slophouse for a few years.

Fri October 13, 2017 1:36 pm

Mixed with the other order from yesterday, it could be enough time for red states that refuse to replace subsidies to see the ACA become untenable.

Fri October 13, 2017 1:48 pm

This seems like an odd political move. Sure, Trump's base will stick with him, but he seems to assume that everyone will blame the Democrats for Obamacare premiums spiking, which always seemed dubious to me, as the Republicans currently run everything.

Fri October 13, 2017 3:53 pm

WaPo, to summarize, wrote:This is a about as forceful a blow as the president can deliver to Obamacare. And it will likely fulfill his own prophecy, that Obamacare is, indeed, failing.

Most health-policy experts agree that if these subsidies are taken away without a change in how much lower-income people pay for their health insurance, insurance markets would implode, forcing insurance companies to leave Obamacare exchanges, causing Obamacare itself to implode.

“It's an order of magnitude a larger assault on the integrity of the individual health insurance market,” said Paul Ginsburg, a health policy expert and director of the USC Brookings-Schaeffer Initiative.

Now, insurers can back out of the exchanges. If the individual insurance market collapses, the millions of Americans could lose their insurance and many others will see their premiums rise or even double.

Fri October 13, 2017 3:56 pm

People are smart enough to realize and understand that Trump made Obamacare worse and failing? Right? Guys? People will realize it was Trump that fucked them over? right?please?

Fri October 13, 2017 4:04 pm

Afraid not, Strat.

Fri October 13, 2017 4:06 pm

Im moving to Spain

Fri October 13, 2017 4:08 pm

So what was the over/under on Trump starting a Merry Christmas culture war?

Fri October 13, 2017 4:24 pm

bune wrote:So what was the over/under on Trump starting a Merry Christmas culture war?

is that a new fangled term for thermonuclear war?

Fri October 13, 2017 4:59 pm

Decertifying the Iran deal.

Today really is going to be one of those years.

Fri October 13, 2017 5:29 pm

Strat wrote:People are smart enough to realize and understand that Trump made Obamacare worse and failing? Right? Guys? People will realize it was Trump that fucked them over? right?please?

Yeah right.

Fri October 13, 2017 5:43 pm

Fri October 13, 2017 6:10 pm

Meanwhile the troll farm has Death to America trending.

Fri October 13, 2017 6:37 pm

bune wrote:So what was the over/under on Trump starting a Merry Christmas culture war?

I have never been more certain of anything in my entire fucking life.

Fri October 13, 2017 6:41 pm

Simple Torture wrote:

I have never been more certain of anything in my entire fucking life.

**rushes off to check the LP 11 thread**
Post a reply