The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16511 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 691, 692, 693, 694, 695, 696, 697 ... 826  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Sat July 07, 2018 4:16 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 11903
McParadigm wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
my all-politics twitter feed.

This sounds horrible.

Thank god you survived hearing about it

:?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Sat July 07, 2018 4:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 38427
lol

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
*tickles you*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Sat July 07, 2018 3:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 15746
2016: Only I can ensure that America is respected again.

2018: (skips visiting London because of a balloon)

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Sat July 07, 2018 3:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 15746
Like, everybody: “This is a disaster. We have legitimized the NK government and debased ourselves in exchange for nothing.”

Conservative media: “Hey, Donald Trump is a deal maker. Let’s give this a chance.”

North Korea: “We so thoroughly never promised to denuclearize that even mentioning it is a betrayal of the summit’s spirit and hopes.”

Quote:
North Korea is reportedly criticizing talks with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, calling the two days of meetings that ended Saturday "regrettable."

An unnamed spokesman for the North Korean Foreign Ministry in a statement accused the U.S. of unilaterally pressuring North Korea to denuclearize and "betraying the spirit" of the summit between President Trump and Kim Jong Un last month, according to the Associated Press.

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Sat July 07, 2018 3:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 14036
Location: Where everybody knows your name
McParadigm wrote:
Like, everybody: “This is a disaster. We have legitimized the NK government and debased ourselves in exchange for nothing.”

Conservative media: “Hey, Donald Trump is a deal maker. Let’s give this a chance.”

North Korea: “We so thoroughly never promised to denuclearize that even mentioning it is a betrayal of the summit’s spirit and hopes.”

Quote:
North Korea is reportedly criticizing talks with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, calling the two days of meetings that ended Saturday "regrettable."

An unnamed spokesman for the North Korean Foreign Ministry in a statement accused the U.S. of unilaterally pressuring North Korea to denuclearize and "betraying the spirit" of the summit between President Trump and Kim Jong Un last month, according to the Associated Press.

Is it wrong to admire NK for giving a big “fuck you, stupid gullible dumbass” to Trump?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Sat July 07, 2018 7:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 15746

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Sun July 08, 2018 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22737
A 1 year old...This has to stop.



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Sun July 08, 2018 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 15746
:?
U.S. Opposition to Breast-Feeding Resolution Stuns World Health Officials
Quote:
A resolution to encourage breast-feeding was expected to be approved quickly and easily by the hundreds of government delegates who gathered this spring in Geneva for the United Nations-affiliated World Health Assembly.

Based on decades of research, the resolution says that mother’s milk is healthiest for children and countries should strive to limit the inaccurate or misleading marketing of breast milk substitutes.

Then the United States delegation, embracing the interests of infant formula manufacturers, upended the deliberations.

American officials sought to water down the resolution by removing language that called on governments to “protect, promote and support breast-feeding” and another passage that called on policymakers to restrict the promotion of food products that many experts say can have deleterious effects on young children.

When that failed, they turned to threats, according to diplomats and government officials who took part in the discussions. Ecuador, which had planned to introduce the measure, was the first to find itself in the cross hairs.

The Americans were blunt: If Ecuador refused to drop the resolution, Washington would unleash punishing trade measures and withdraw crucial military aid. The Ecuadorean government quickly acquiesced.

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Sun July 08, 2018 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 5005
Jesus. :?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Sun July 08, 2018 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22737
What???

Have these cunts nothing better to be doing?

Pretty sure a mother breast feeding her child is in the top two most natural things in all the world and then this??

What the fuck is going on


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Sun July 08, 2018 4:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 14036
Location: Where everybody knows your name
dimejinky99 wrote:
What???

Have these cunts nothing better to be doing?

Pretty sure a mother breast feeding her child is in the top two most natural things in all the world and then this??

What the fuck is going on

Money for the rich!!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Sun July 08, 2018 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 14036
Location: Where everybody knows your name
McParadigm wrote:
:?
U.S. Opposition to Breast-Feeding Resolution Stuns World Health Officials
Quote:
A resolution to encourage breast-feeding was expected to be approved quickly and easily by the hundreds of government delegates who gathered this spring in Geneva for the United Nations-affiliated World Health Assembly.

Based on decades of research, the resolution says that mother’s milk is healthiest for children and countries should strive to limit the inaccurate or misleading marketing of breast milk substitutes.

Then the United States delegation, embracing the interests of infant formula manufacturers, upended the deliberations.

American officials sought to water down the resolution by removing language that called on governments to “protect, promote and support breast-feeding” and another passage that called on policymakers to restrict the promotion of food products that many experts say can have deleterious effects on young children.

When that failed, they turned to threats, according to diplomats and government officials who took part in the discussions. Ecuador, which had planned to introduce the measure, was the first to find itself in the cross hairs.

The Americans were blunt: If Ecuador refused to drop the resolution, Washington would unleash punishing trade measures and withdraw crucial military aid. The Ecuadorean government quickly acquiesced.


Link, please.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Sun July 08, 2018 4:33 pm 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 4621
wease wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
What???

Have these cunts nothing better to be doing?

Pretty sure a mother breast feeding her child is in the top two most natural things in all the world and then this??

What the fuck is going on

Money for the rich!!



You are shaming women who are biologically unable and trans women

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Sun July 08, 2018 5:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 15746
wease wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
:?
U.S. Opposition to Breast-Feeding Resolution Stuns World Health Officials
Quote:
A resolution to encourage breast-feeding was expected to be approved quickly and easily by the hundreds of government delegates who gathered this spring in Geneva for the United Nations-affiliated World Health Assembly.

Based on decades of research, the resolution says that mother’s milk is healthiest for children and countries should strive to limit the inaccurate or misleading marketing of breast milk substitutes.

Then the United States delegation, embracing the interests of infant formula manufacturers, upended the deliberations.

American officials sought to water down the resolution by removing language that called on governments to “protect, promote and support breast-feeding” and another passage that called on policymakers to restrict the promotion of food products that many experts say can have deleterious effects on young children.

When that failed, they turned to threats, according to diplomats and government officials who took part in the discussions. Ecuador, which had planned to introduce the measure, was the first to find itself in the cross hairs.

The Americans were blunt: If Ecuador refused to drop the resolution, Washington would unleash punishing trade measures and withdraw crucial military aid. The Ecuadorean government quickly acquiesced.


Link, please.

New York Times.


_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Last edited by McParadigm on Sun July 08, 2018 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Sun July 08, 2018 5:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 38427
How would a government “promote” breastfeeding, exactly?

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
*tickles you*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Sun July 08, 2018 5:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 5005
I guess it shouldn't be a huge surprise, Nestle and other baby formula companies are well-known for their lobbyiny efforts and price fixing.

I'm guessing they are worried about hospitals no longer allowing those new born "gift bags" filled formula, supplements and other "kindred necessities."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Sun July 08, 2018 5:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 14036
Location: Where everybody knows your name
McParadigm wrote:
wease wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
:?
U.S. Opposition to Breast-Feeding Resolution Stuns World Health Officials
Quote:
A resolution to encourage breast-feeding was expected to be approved quickly and easily by the hundreds of government delegates who gathered this spring in Geneva for the United Nations-affiliated World Health Assembly.

Based on decades of research, the resolution says that mother’s milk is healthiest for children and countries should strive to limit the inaccurate or misleading marketing of breast milk substitutes.

Then the United States delegation, embracing the interests of infant formula manufacturers, upended the deliberations.

American officials sought to water down the resolution by removing language that called on governments to “protect, promote and support breast-feeding” and another passage that called on policymakers to restrict the promotion of food products that many experts say can have deleterious effects on young children.

When that failed, they turned to threats, according to diplomats and government officials who took part in the discussions. Ecuador, which had planned to introduce the measure, was the first to find itself in the cross hairs.

The Americans were blunt: If Ecuador refused to drop the resolution, Washington would unleash punishing trade measures and withdraw crucial military aid. The Ecuadorean government quickly acquiesced.


Link, please.

New York Times.


Thank you.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Sun July 08, 2018 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 5005
Also, you can call me a "lefty" if you want, but the federal regulation of baby formula should probably extend beyond basic market guidelines.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Sun July 08, 2018 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 15746

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Mon July 09, 2018 1:19 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 10360
actually breast feeding is not necessarily good for all babies, sometimes it comes out too acidic and upsets the baby's fragile digestive system

and because there are no standard protocols for testing a mother's breastmilk before she begins the potentially exhausting and painful ordeal of regular breast-feeding management, it's not until after several weeks and the baby is an unhappy mess and the mother is psychologically traumatized that you explore that path and understand that it can be an issue

there are also a lot of women who don't produce enough breast milk, and don't need to be bottle-shamed about it when they are feeding their newborn in public somewhere when some artisanal asswipe decides they know what's best about other people's babies

obviously there is an immune system benefit if it is working for x person

but the avocado toast generation seems to have latched on to breastfeeding righteousness like it's a social justice issue and that it "should" work for everyone and just like cis heterosexuality, that's not how it pans out in the real world, bigots

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16511 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 691, 692, 693, 694, 695, 696, 697 ... 826  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon December 17, 2018 12:43 am