Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump

Mon August 06, 2018 7:06 pm

B wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:Alex Jones is nuts and his programming is actively making our society worse, but no way should he be censored from iTunes and Facebook. It's ok for Facebook to source our financial data from banks, but not ok for some guy to spout his fantasy garbage? Zuckerburg is the real devil.

Yeah, but that video was totally worth them banning him.

i have no idea what you're talking about

Mon August 06, 2018 7:06 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
B wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:Alex Jones is nuts and his programming is actively making our society worse, but no way should he be censored from iTunes and Facebook. It's ok for Facebook to source our financial data from banks, but not ok for some guy to spout his fantasy garbage? Zuckerburg is the real devil.

Yeah, but that video was totally worth them banning him.

i have no idea what you're talking about

The video that was posted right above your original post

Mon August 06, 2018 7:12 pm

that doesn't make sense, it's a reaction video to his getting the boot. Wasn't B referring to a video that caused the banning?

Mon August 06, 2018 7:12 pm

i should clarify that i'm in the waiting room at the car dealership getting an oil change, so no way am i pressing play on an Alex Jones video.

Mon August 06, 2018 7:25 pm

It's not censorship. Companies can make whatever rules they want and boot whomever they want.

I understand that Facebook, Twitter and YouTube are so widely used that it feels like censorship, but it's not.

Mon August 06, 2018 7:25 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:that doesn't make sense, it's a reaction video to his getting the boot. Wasn't B referring to a video that caused the banning?

I think he's saying that the video of Alex Jones freaking out and yelling "GRAWRRRR" makes the entire ordeal worth it

Mon August 06, 2018 7:26 pm

run2death wrote:It's not censorship. Companies can make whatever rules they want and boot whomever they want.

I understand that Facebook, Twitter and YouTube are so widely used that it feels like censorship, but it's not.

agree 100%, they're a private enterprise and can do as they like. But it's ethically 100% bogus.

Mon August 06, 2018 7:30 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
run2death wrote:It's not censorship. Companies can make whatever rules they want and boot whomever they want.

agree 100%, they're a private enterprise and can do as they like. But it's ethically 100% bogus.

Did you post this from your iPhone?

Mon August 06, 2018 7:59 pm

no why?

Mon August 06, 2018 8:10 pm

LISTEN!
It dont really matter to me Everybody’s had to fight to be free

Mon August 06, 2018 8:25 pm

Well it is censorship, it's just not government censorship. Certainly within their rights, but Should they censor, though?

I think they are establishing a precedent, and will use it more frequently in the future. It's concerning that this seemed coordinated as well.

All hail our techno overlords.

Mon August 06, 2018 8:27 pm

Did AJ shave his beard? Probably too much manliness.

Mon August 06, 2018 8:28 pm

Maybe more people will stop using social media in disgust and we'll all be better off.

Mon August 06, 2018 8:29 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:Maybe more people will stop using social media in disgust and we'll all be better off.

But where will we get our outrage fix?

Mon August 06, 2018 8:29 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:Maybe more people will stop using social media in disgust and we'll all be better off.

But where will we get our outrage fix?

exactly

Mon August 06, 2018 8:31 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:

Well it is censorship, it's just not government censorship. Certainly within their rights, but Should they censor, though?

I think they are establishing a precedent, and will use it more frequently in the future. It's concerning that this seemed coordinated as well.

You're next, pal.

Mon August 06, 2018 8:34 pm

Yeah Scurry is a threat to MAGA

Mon August 06, 2018 8:35 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:

They have to right to do what they are doing, just like the NFL has the right to do what they are doing with the anthem protests.

It seems like a bunch of people who so dearly love their private ownership rights and free markets would understand this.

Mon August 06, 2018 8:37 pm

I already said that!

Mon August 06, 2018 8:38 pm

theplatypus wrote:Blows me away that Alex Jones is 44 years old

Really?

He looked the same twenty years ago. He will probably look the same on twenty years.

Maybe he's the real interdimensional space reptilian.
Post a reply