Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump

Sat April 28, 2018 4:33 pm

It's pretty clear to me that he wasn't saying that the Paralympics is tough to watch, but that he is too busy to watch a lot of any kind of TV. That has been a concern throughout his Presidency that he has addressed in the past.

Sat April 28, 2018 8:26 pm

The Argonaut wrote:It's pretty clear to me that he wasn't saying that the Paralympics is tough to watch, but that he is too busy to watch a lot of any kind of TV. That has been a concern throughout his Presidency that he has addressed in the past.

Probably but the point is he’s such an awful communicator that he constantly puts his foot in his mouth. He could have said “It’s tough to watch too much because I’m so busy” and everyone would have understood. When he leaves things up to interpretation his detractors are going to jump all over it. That said, there was also this so maybe it just is too hard for him to watch disabled people for too long.

Sat April 28, 2018 10:15 pm

Nobel Peace prize when?

Sat April 28, 2018 10:36 pm

Just as soon as they start handing them out for being outmaneuvered by Korean dictators.

Sat April 28, 2018 10:40 pm

As little as he deserves it, he still deserves it more than Obama did for his.

Sat April 28, 2018 10:50 pm

Ahh, yes. The first ever Nobel given for “so glad you’re not the last guy”

Sat April 28, 2018 10:54 pm

In fact the only one, until Christopher Plummer.

Sun April 29, 2018 5:48 am

Some great stuff from Michelle Wolfe at the correspondents' dinner. SHS looks uncomfortable.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/en ... 13f123d0ab

Sun April 29, 2018 12:15 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:Some great stuff from Michelle Wolfe at the correspondents' dinner. SHS looks uncomfortable.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/en ... 13f123d0ab

Kinda pathetic, actually. Like a 40-something dad at an open mic night.

Sun April 29, 2018 2:41 pm

The people who got high off of calling other people snowflakes sure are mad about a comedy dinner this weekend.

Sun April 29, 2018 3:35 pm

McParadigm wrote:The people who got high off of calling other people snowflakes sure are mad about a comedy dinner this weekend.

It's the coarse and vulgar nature of it that is so off-putting. It feels like it was designed to hurt versus what is traditionally done there.

Sun April 29, 2018 3:53 pm

How I pine for the innocent days of “I am a big fan of that lesbian on MSNBC – Chris Hayes, he’s great.”

Sun April 29, 2018 3:54 pm

Or “Hillary’s daughter Chelsea is pregnant which means in nine months we will officially have a sequel to Bad Grandpa. It also raises the question, when the baby is born do you give Bill Clinton a cigar?”

Sun April 29, 2018 3:57 pm

If anyone had a problem with the material, it all falls on whoever selected Michelle Wolf. There wasn't anything I've seen or heard that was over some sort of line that her last special didn't cross, so they knew whom they were getting when she was hired.

Sun April 29, 2018 4:14 pm

It has always been a crass and inappropriate spectacle, IMO. But dislike it for what it is...a cynical excuse to bring power brokers and lobbyists together while the press preens...not because golly gee, those jokes sure offended my dull-eyed middle aged semi-Christian sensibilities.

Sun April 29, 2018 4:26 pm

‪Honest question. Did Obama have rallies during his term? Was it not just Hitler that did that after taking power? ‬

Sun April 29, 2018 4:28 pm

I'm sorry other people's thoughts bother you so very, very much right now. Please keep posting though.

Sun April 29, 2018 5:02 pm

there is no comedic line too far if the target of the joke worked with an outside government to undermine the US electorate system, or is willing to defend those people with lies and half-truths, IMO.

Sun April 29, 2018 5:13 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:there is no comedic line too far if the target of the joke worked with an outside government to undermine the US electorate system, or is willing to defend those people with lies and half-truths, IMO.

Maybe?

https://www.npr.org/2018/04/29/606834453/comedian-faces-criticism-after-controversial-remarks-at-d-c-gala

Sun April 29, 2018 5:23 pm

Bi_3 wrote:I'm sorry other people's thoughts bother you so very, very much right now. Please keep posting though.

This is the only one of your last 4 posts not in some way sourced to your annoyance at a comedienne.
Post a reply