Switch to full style
Engage in discussions about news, politics, etc.
Post a reply

Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump

Fri April 20, 2018 10:34 pm

HeyGuys wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
HeyGuys wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
HeyGuys wrote:This thread is getting pretty dark. I'd like to say that I'm 100% against rape, no matter who is involved.

So you're not an eye-for-an-eye sort of guy?

No

What about 14.8 billion eyes for several eyes?

What is happening right now?

Okay, we'll put you down for three. You can increase or reduce your order at any time.

Fri April 20, 2018 10:59 pm

wat

Fri April 20, 2018 11:22 pm

https://theintercept.com/2018/04/20/ell ... sanctions/

If only Broidy knew a good lawyer...

Sat April 21, 2018 12:28 am

Christ. The last few hours news included:

Sessions threatening to quit
DNc Suing Trump and co.
Kim Jong Un giving up his nuke program
and McCabe suing Trump and Co. for defamation.

My neck hurts.

Sat April 21, 2018 12:42 am

IMO, North Korea must be giving up their missile program at this point because either:

1) China insisted (backed by threat of some crippling action)
2) CIA got to NK's hired-Ukranian scientists and/or computer systems and rendered them unusable
3) NK is now actually straight up bankrupt and cannot continue its nuke program

Wonder if China emphasized in their meeting that they don't need a missile program to retain sovereignty, just fissile material and the implicit threat of the ability to use that fissile material at some point

so NK can produce for domestic purposes while Kim gets left alone by the Int'l community and China agrees not to assassinate him for continuing to act a fool

Sat April 21, 2018 12:50 am

Strat wrote:Christ. The last few hours news included:

DNc Suing Trump and co.

My neck hurts.

And Michael Cohen is done

Sat April 21, 2018 1:04 am

McParadigm wrote:

DNc Suing Trump and co.

My neck hurts.

The best part about all of this is.....that if Trump does end up getting the boot.....we still have to move forward with Mike Pence.

Its going to be a long few years regardless.

Sat April 21, 2018 1:08 am

Strat wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

DNc Suing Trump and co.

My neck hurts.

The best part about all of this is.....that if Trump does end up getting the boot.....we still have to move forward with Mike Pence.

Its going to be a long few years regardless.

Pence will suck HARD for women, minorities, and LGBTQXYZ but he won't bring nuclear winter. He can be voted out and his policies can be reversed (and I don't know for sure, but I don't think he's as heartless with the environment)...

The Mike Pence Effect would be very real and very bad, but nothing compared to where our current POTUS is taking us.

Sat April 21, 2018 1:59 pm

Donald Trump is spending his morning directly attacking a reporter, Roger Stone, and Sam Nunberg over an article suggesting Michael Cohen will flip.

I turned on Fox News for a moment, and they were reporting on what socks President HW Bush plans on wearing to the funeral.

Sat April 21, 2018 3:05 pm

What if Pence is also charged or has to step down (like he's on the pee tape too)?

Who takes over then?

Sat April 21, 2018 3:20 pm

Paul Ryan / whoever replaces Paul Ryan

Sat April 21, 2018 3:23 pm

elliseamos wrote:What if Pence is also charged or has to step down (like he's on the pee tape too)?

Who takes over then?

well if hes on the pee tape either donald pissed on him or his wife was present so its no biggie

Sat April 21, 2018 3:33 pm

Peeps wrote:
elliseamos wrote:What if Pence is also charged or has to step down (like he's on the pee tape too)?

Who takes over then?

well if hes on the pee tape either donald pissed on him or his wife was present so its no biggie

He wasn't alone so it's okay.

Sat April 21, 2018 3:39 pm

I've always thought the presidential line of succession was kinda weird.

I guess the idea is that you want a top elected official before cabinet positions, but in a state of emergency/disarray the SoS, AG or SoD would seem better suited than the Speaker of the House and Senate pro tem.

Sat April 21, 2018 3:45 pm

run2death wrote:I've always thought the presidential line of succession was kinda weird.

I guess the idea is that you want a top elected official before cabinet positions, but in a state of emergency/disarray the SoS, AG or SoD would seem better suited than the Speaker of the House and Senate pro tem.

The Speaker makes a certain amount of sense. The president pro tem is a terrible idea. It's a completely meaningless position that is always held by one the two or three oldest people in the Senate. And no one think the Sec of HUD or Energy should be President. And if someone dropped a nuke on DC, they could all die.

Sat April 21, 2018 3:53 pm

The Argonaut wrote:
run2death wrote:I've always thought the presidential line of succession was kinda weird.

The Speaker makes a certain amount of sense. The president pro tem is a terrible idea. It's a completely meaningless position that is always held by one the two or three oldest people in the Senate. And no one think the Sec of HUD or Energy should be President. And if someone dropped a nuke on DC, they could all die.

Cynically, those people are next in line because all succession after the VP was established by law in Congress; the Constitution only deals with the VP. If it ever came down to someone outside the VP, I think the minority party would almost certainly bring it to the courts to challenge it.

Sat April 21, 2018 3:57 pm

Apparently Trump was told not to attend Barbara Bush’s funeral in order to respect her values, and the family sent that message.

Is this true does anyone know?

I mean it’s not like he would have gone anyways. His one tweet in her memory he managed to make it about himself.

Sat April 21, 2018 5:31 pm

Simple Torture wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:

Cynically, those people are next in line because all succession after the VP was established by law in Congress; the Constitution only deals with the VP. If it ever came down to someone outside the VP, I think the minority party would almost certainly bring it to the courts to challenge it.

It just seems that stability and national defense would be the biggest concern if it went past the VP and having someone like the SoS next in line would make the most sense.

Throwing the nation further into turmoil by potentially having the opposition party assume the presidency is just dumb.

Sat April 21, 2018 11:12 pm

It should go VP then whoever won the Popular Vote :\

Sun April 22, 2018 9:09 pm

So let's say Trump resigns and Pence is sworn in immediately. Then Pence would pick a VP? And that person becomes next in line?
Post a reply