The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 1307  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Thu November 17, 2016 11:58 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

dimejinky99 wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Since the election, the dozen or so Mexicans that live next door have vanished. Coincidence?

They seemed nice.

Don't know how serious you are but I wonder are undocumenteds crossing the borders to leave? If it was me I'd go now too and before he gets inaugurated.

Yeah they vanished without a trace. It was all adult males I think, so I doubt they were planning on staying long anyway. Odd timing though.

But if I was leaving the country, I would probably wait for the government to pay for it rather that move on my own dime.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 12:01 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

doug rr wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
doug rr wrote:

broccoli and cauliflower are in season in november and december, burt..

We did a cauliflower parm a couple weeks ago that was aces.

you can thank burt's neighbors for that

skyrocketing vegetable prices sounds like a good excuse to put off my diet.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 12:08 am 
what on earth am I talking about

I don't get it. Is it like Australia? Undocumented often end up working on farms harvesting fruit and vegetables.

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 12:35 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

BurtReynolds wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Since the election, the dozen or so Mexicans that live next door have vanished. Coincidence?

They seemed nice.

Don't know how serious you are but I wonder are undocumenteds crossing the borders to leave? If it was me I'd go now too and before he gets inaugurated.

Yeah they vanished without a trace. It was all adult males I think, so I doubt they were planning on staying long anyway. Odd timing though.

But if I was leaving the country, I would probably wait for the government to pay for it rather that move on my own dime.

I don't know how it works, but: if you get deported, I'm sure there will be a record of it, so if you try to come in again legally, they'll know you were kicked out once. This is just a wild guess, but it might be better to try again with a future administration than to get a record now.

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 12:46 am 

Simple Torture wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

They seemed nice.

I don't know how it works, but: if you get deported, I'm sure there will be a record of it, so if you try to come in again legally, they'll know you were kicked out once. This is just a wild guess, but it might be better to try again with a future administration than to get a record now.

Or run now and not get caught working in a farm and placed in an internment camp only to be released at some far later unspecified date and never able to return.

Trump is already talking about internment camps. Like those for the Japanese in America in world war 2.

That's criminal.

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 12:55 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

dimejinky99 wrote:

Or run now and not get caught working in a farm and placed in an internment camp only to be released at some far later unspecified date and never able to return.

Trump is already talking about internment camps. Like those for the Japanese in America in world war 2.

That's criminal.

I don't think the administration has said anything about internment camps. A Trump surrogate on Fox News said that the WW2 camps were never successfully challenged in a court and could be used as precedent to set up a national Muslim registry, but I don't think the idea of camps has been floated seriously.

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 1:15 am 

He made fun of disabled people and wasn't taken seriously either. Yet here we are.
At what point do we begin to take him seriously?

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 2:21 am 
Looks Like a Cat

dimejinky99 wrote:
He made fun of disabled people and wasn't taken seriously either. Yet here we are.
At what point do we begin to take him seriously?

When he puts disabled Muslim Mexicans into internment camps. That is a serious savings to the tax payers.

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 2:34 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Simple Torture wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

That's criminal.

I don't think the administration has said anything about internment camps. A Trump surrogate on Fox News said that the WW2 camps were never successfully challenged in a court and could be used as precedent to set up a national Muslim registry, but I don't think the idea of camps has been floated seriously.

Correct, here is the actual video of the event. He is referring stupidly (which is redundant with Trump spokespersons) to the process of identifying and tracking immigrants from areas of concern during WW2, not the camps themselves.

https://youtu.be/EiaXNxQ1w8k

https://youtu.be

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 3:16 am 
Production Police

Can someone give me a cliffs notes version of "Russia ain't so bad"? Seeing that Michael Flynn (Trump's pick for NSA head) is also sympathetic to Putin. Curious how they frame Putin/Russia beyond "he's big league powerful."

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 5:01 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

B wrote:
Also, when did it become a think to show off how white your staff is?

when barack obama stopped running for president and a million black people stopped voting

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 5:17 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

tragabigzanda wrote:
Can someone give me a cliffs notes version of "Russia ain't so bad"? Seeing that Michael Flynn (Trump's pick for NSA head) is also sympathetic to Putin. Curious how they frame Putin/Russia beyond "he's big league powerful."

i think it might go something like .... this?

"we are ok with crimes against humanity and don't give a shit about the baltics. ps, obama is black - did you notice? also, my constituents want their dirty investment dollars and the russians are top-notch at the wheel-greasing game. and whoring. also, europeans are pussies and we're tired of helping them fight this complex game of cat and mouse. i'm tired, and i don't feel like dealing with this. this putin guy tries too hard and its making my forehead hurt. college football is on. so let's just go beat up on some poor and under-equipped middle easterners; call it a day; then we go watch the west state a&m game - Oh look, someone just sent an LOI for a few million bucks to my consulting firm/investment project when i leave office; and in the meantime, several large unmarked white envelopes stuffed with cash have been left on this coffee table. what a coincidence. i love both of those things."

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 11:58 am 
Looks Like a Cat

tragabigzanda wrote:

Nitpicking, but National Security Adviser is not the same as the NSA head. The head of the NSA (Mike Rogers) is the person who says Russia is behind the hacking of DNC and Podesta's email accounts. The National Security Adviser (Susan Rice) is the one who is in charge of our non-strategies in Syria, Yemen, Iraq, Israel, etc.

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 1:59 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

Simple Torture wrote:
"You are the Vice President. You've always been the Vice President. I should know, Mike. I have always been here."

Spoiler: show

I'm stealing this for FB.

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 3:14 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Sessions - Attorney General
Pompeo - CIA Chief
Flynn - National Security Advisor

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 3:19 pm 
AnalLog

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Pompeo - CIA Chief

Jeff Sessions, a man who in the '80s when nominated by Ronald Reagan for a federal bench seat, couldn't get past allegations of racism. Including a charge that he had said KKK members were alright by him, until he found out they smoke marijuana. If true I think that says a lot about how this administration is going to feel about things like Black Lives Matter and legalized marijuana.

:shake:

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 3:19 pm 
Rank This Poster

This will be quite something for the next four years....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... anning-to/

The worrisome thing is the fact that I somewhat doubt the fact he lied would make any difference whatsoever. It takes a big degree of trust that your supporters are going to support you regardless; he must have known reporters' first calls after he put these tweets up would be to Ford.

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 4:02 pm 
Site Admin

meatwad wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Pompeo - CIA Chief
Jeff Sessions, a man who in the '80s when nominated by Ronald Reagan for a federal bench seat, couldn't get past allegations of racism. Including a charge that he had said KKK members were alright by him, until he found out they smoke marijuana. If true I think that says a lot about how this administration is going to feel about things like Black Lives Matter and legalized marijuana.

I've long had a habit regarding this guy that I'll have to repeat for the next four years: pronounce his full name (Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III) in a Foghorn Leghorn voice.

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 4:03 pm 
Production Police

Green Habit wrote:
meatwad wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Pompeo - CIA Chief

I've long had a habit regarding this guy that I'll have to repeat for the next four years: pronounce his full name (Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III) in a Foghorn Leghorn voice.

Yes this was fun.

PostPosted: Fri November 18, 2016 4:03 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Green Habit wrote:
meatwad wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Pompeo - CIA Chief

I say I say

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 1307  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate