The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 1306  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 10:19 pm 
"Supersonic sucks."

dimejinky99 wrote:
To strats post. There is t a notion of democracy where the vote of the people is overriden by another system.
This result is clear and significant and should be the end result.
https://www.thenation.com/article/hilla ... l-growing/

Sure there is, this happens frequently in the Australian system. The South Australian Liberal Party won the popular vote at our most recent state election by a margin of 53/47 but the Labor Party still formed government.

PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 10:22 pm 
Rank This Poster

dimejinky99 wrote:
To strats post. There is t a notion of democracy where the vote of the people is overriden by another system.

There's going to be a number where I think it will simply be too much. It's clearly not this, but I keep thinking that if we start seeing popular vote discrepancies that were previously blowouts there may be too much pressure, even on states with a vested interest in keeping the process.

PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 10:23 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Birds in Hell wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Sure there is, this happens frequently in the Australian system. The South Australian Liberal Party won the popular vote at our most recent state election by a margin of 53/47 but the Labor Party still formed government.

Yeah, but that's because if you look at the numbers upside-down it's Liberal 23 and Labor ᔭ1.

PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 10:28 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

digster wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

There's going to be a number where I think it will simply be too much. It's clearly not this, but I keep thinking that if we start seeing popular vote discrepancies that were previously blowouts there may be too much pressure, even on states with a vested interest in keeping the process.

That's a great point. How big would it have to be though and who will be the ones making a point of it?

PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 10:29 pm 
The Master

I feel like a million to 2 million should be the fucking breaking point but im wrong about most things so what the fuck do i know

PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 10:32 pm 
Rank This Poster

tragabigzanda wrote:
Head of the NSA has stated that Russia intervened to get Trump elected:

http://theslot.jezebel.com/nsa-head-ope ... 1789051302

Sometimes I'll admit I have no idea why certain things are or are not huge stories. This seems fairly massive. The current head of the NSA is saying that Russia interfered with our presidential election in order to aid the person who won, and will be succeeding this guy's current boss. I would guess that's fairly unprecedented.

PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 10:38 pm 
Polluted

tragabigzanda wrote:
I actually hope Trump does drain the swamp; it's the only good outcome of his Presidency that I can realistically envision.

He's draining it and filling it back up with water from Flint and sea monkeys.

PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 10:42 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Strat wrote:
I feel like a million to 2 million should be the fucking breaking point but im wrong about most things so what the fuck do i know

2 million is only 0.63% of the population of the entire country and only 0.80% of the voting population. Alone it seems like a huge number, but it's only a drop in the bucket when you take the country's massive size into consideration.

PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 10:44 pm 

digster wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Head of the NSA has stated that Russia intervened to get Trump elected:

http://theslot.jezebel.com/nsa-head-ope ... 1789051302

Sometimes I'll admit I have no idea why certain things are or are not huge stories. This seems fairly massive. The current head of the NSA is saying that Russia interfered with our presidential election in order to aid the person who won, and will be succeeding this guy's current boss. I would guess that's fairly unprecedented.

Trump and Putins successor buddying up leads where though. China/North Korea is the new foe and they take them on? Neutralise NATO? One world government?

Don't see any benefit to Russia in enabling trump to win. Not in the short term at least. And certainly not for any benefit to American interests.

PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 10:46 pm 

*that said, divide and conquer is a tried and proven tactic. And America is divided right now.

PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 10:49 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Strat wrote:
B wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-muslim-registry-immigrants-policy-kris-bobach-reinstate-wall-a7420296.html?cmpid=facebook-post

Is there some tenet of their faith which compels them to admit their beliefs? In other words, is there some sort of spiritual guarantee that radical muslims will register?

What if you tell friends you're a Muslim, but you never follow the pillars? Do you have to register?

What if your parents think you're Muslim, and you still follow all the rules when they're around, but you think it's bullshit? Do you have to register?

What if you're not Muslim, but you pretend to be to impress a girl at the Mosque? Do you have register?

What if you've been a practicing Muslim because your community would kill you otherwise, but you want to come the US so you stop pretending and just be an atheist or agnostic? Do you have register?

What if you think you're a Muslim, but the radical guys in your home country say you're not because you don't practice the way they practice? Do you have register?

If you don't have white skin then just assume you should be on a register. Check for your nearest polling station.

My best friend is a white guy who converted to Islam when he got married. Does he have to register?

PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 10:50 pm 
The Master

B wrote:
Strat wrote:
B wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-muslim-registry-immigrants-policy-kris-bobach-reinstate-wall-a7420296.html?cmpid=facebook-post

Is there some tenet of their faith which compels them to admit their beliefs? In other words, is there some sort of spiritual guarantee that radical muslims will register?

What if you tell friends you're a Muslim, but you never follow the pillars? Do you have to register?

What if your parents think you're Muslim, and you still follow all the rules when they're around, but you think it's bullshit? Do you have to register?

What if you're not Muslim, but you pretend to be to impress a girl at the Mosque? Do you have register?

What if you've been a practicing Muslim because your community would kill you otherwise, but you want to come the US so you stop pretending and just be an atheist or agnostic? Do you have register?

What if you think you're a Muslim, but the radical guys in your home country say you're not because you don't practice the way they practice? Do you have register?

If you don't have white skin then just assume you should be on a register. Check for your nearest polling station.

My best friend is a white guy who converted to Islam when he got married. Does he have to register?

oh...he's already been registered....dont you worry.

PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 11:26 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

tragabigzanda wrote:
This entire election stinks of dishonesty. I wish there were some independent body established to investigate the whole lot: Hillary, DNC, NY Times, Trump, Brietbart, Russia, etc. I know the US gov't has, and always will be, a fairly crooked bunch with some good eggs strewn throughout, but this has been a complete affront to the very concept of democracy -- the gall and audacity across both parties to obfuscate and manipulate is wholly un-American.

I actually hope Trump does drain the swamp; it's the only good outcome of his Presidency that I can realistically envision.

It is this feeling, more than guaranteeing any particular winner, that Russia was interested in. Creating a sense of missing legitimacy in the US democratic system is a stupendous neutralizing agent, and it's an end that was not dependent upon any one person winning or losing. Heck, Trump losing would have turned him into an ongoing loudspeaker for the idea that elections are false...and now that he's won, he will be an agent of moron chaos from within.

The best plans are the ones where you win either way #PutinDownSomeTruth

PostPosted: Thu November 17, 2016 12:11 am 
Polluted

:shock:

PostPosted: Thu November 17, 2016 12:22 am 
The Master

McParadigm wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
This entire election stinks of dishonesty. I wish there were some independent body established to investigate the whole lot: Hillary, DNC, NY Times, Trump, Brietbart, Russia, etc. I know the US gov't has, and always will be, a fairly crooked bunch with some good eggs strewn throughout, but this has been a complete affront to the very concept of democracy -- the gall and audacity across both parties to obfuscate and manipulate is wholly un-American.

It is this feeling, more than guaranteeing any particular winner, that Russia was interested in. Creating a sense of missing legitimacy in the US democratic system is a stupendous neutralizing agent, and it's an end that was not dependent upon any one person winning or losing. Heck, Trump losing would have turned him into an ongoing loudspeaker for the idea that elections are false...and now that he's won, he will be an agent of moron chaos from within.

I can't entirely buy this. I would think a Hillary win, with the same lingering distrust, would be more of a door prize next to the ultimate win of the Trump puppet. But your point is taken.

PostPosted: Thu November 17, 2016 12:23 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

tragabigzanda wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

I can't entirely buy this. I would think a Hillary win, with the same lingering distrust, would be more of a door prize next to the ultimate win of the Trump puppet. But your point is taken.

No puppet, no puppet. You're the puppet.

PostPosted: Thu November 17, 2016 12:27 am 
The Master

Simple Torture wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

No puppet, no puppet. You're the puppet.

Such an unbelievable moment.

PostPosted: Thu November 17, 2016 2:27 am 
"Supersonic sucks."

The Real Forgotten Man of 2016 was Bill Clinton

Quote:
This is the great irony to the end of Bill Clinton’s long career in politics. One of the most successful politicians of his generation having his queries dismissed by Northeastern liberals, ignored by those who believe they have successfully charted where the party ought to go. They viewed his coalition as old and unnecessary in the post-Obama era, where certainty about demographic destiny and the underlying belief that the Democratic Party really is on the right side of history allowed complacency and stagnation. They came to view these coal country white working class people as an unnecessary backwards drag on a new multicultural coalition sharing in elite sensibilities, and in so doing changed from a party that won on an “it’s the economy, stupid” message to one that lost on the message that the real problem with America is straight white men who wear trucker hats unironically.

PostPosted: Thu November 17, 2016 2:56 am 
The Master

Birds in Hell wrote:
The Real Forgotten Man of 2016 was Bill Clinton

Quote:
This is the great irony to the end of Bill Clinton’s long career in politics. One of the most successful politicians of his generation having his queries dismissed by Northeastern liberals, ignored by those who believe they have successfully charted where the party ought to go. They viewed his coalition as old and unnecessary in the post-Obama era, where certainty about demographic destiny and the underlying belief that the Democratic Party really is on the right side of history allowed complacency and stagnation. They came to view these coal country white working class people as an unnecessary backwards drag on a new multicultural coalition sharing in elite sensibilities, and in so doing changed from a party that won on an “it’s the economy, stupid” message to one that lost on the message that the real problem with America is straight white men who wear trucker hats unironically.

That's great.

PostPosted: Thu November 17, 2016 3:45 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

dprival78 wrote:
96583UP wrote:
digster wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
I'm saying I agree with the second half of his post, that the hysterical bullshit the Left throws around about everyone who disagrees with them being a nazi KKK rapist is about as fucking stupid as the Right saying dems are babykilling terrorists who hate us for our freedom. To say nothing of the fact that IT ISN'T WORKING. You aren't going to shame or threaten half the country into submission anymore (and neither will the other side), especially when the Left has been crying wolf for so long.

After a 15-month campaign, and the things he has said and done throughout his public life, to expect people not to have an opinion on Donald Trump and his trends towards bigotry is a bit hard to ask of people.

When it comes to Bannon, a tweet I saw actually summed it up fairly succinctly; you don't see people freaking out over Reince Preibus because whatever his issues, he hasn't shown himself to be a bigot. Bannon has offered a fair amount of evidence to suggest that he is exactly that. Whether or not that "works" is fairly irrelevant. It is what it is.

kushner is jewish. i wonder if eventually bannon's mouth gets him into conflict with kushner. not that kushner necessarily has religious reverence or anything. i am certain these guys have thick skin. but they also have big egos. and maybe bannon rape-rages out one day and then starts dropping K-bombs and the Donald has to turn and say "You're Fired!"

has bannon himself actually said or published anything that is anti-semitic, or is all of this related to the "renegade jew" article on breitbart, which was written by someone named david horowitz? serious question.. i haven't looked too deeply into this.

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2016/11/steve-bannon-racist-lets-find-out

Quote:
Bannon's ex-wife swore in court in 2007 that he “didn’t want the girls going to school with Jews...He said he doesn’t like Jews..."

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 1306  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate