The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 863, 864, 865, 866, 867, 868, 869 ... 1307  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Wed August 07, 2019 2:59 pm 
A Return To Form

Bi_3 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
“He really set a more somber and less combative tone with this speech, laying out in clear and powerful tones that-“

It's true the Dayton shooter was a Warrenite.

He also didn't leave a political manifesto and killed his sister. It's fair to note his politics but save the whataboutisms

I dont really do that, I was just pointing out that he is technically correct on this one thing this one time. Kind of a novelty.

Not really, his point is the "fake news" won't cover that the shooter supported Warren, meanwhile its been all over the news since (at least) yesterday.

PostPosted: Wed August 07, 2019 3:23 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

His real purpose is to draw false comparisons. The issue isn’t which politician a shooter supported. The issue is that these raging, racist psychopaths hear their paranoias and white insecurity grievances writ large by the fucking White House, and by its media defenders. Nobody posts a screed online about having a private equity plan and improving health care access before they slaughter innocents.

PostPosted: Wed August 07, 2019 3:36 pm 
Future Drummer

McParadigm wrote:
His real purpose is to draw false comparisons. The issue isn’t which politician a shooter supported. The issue is that these raging, racist psychopaths hear their paranoias and white insecurity grievances writ large by the fucking White House, and by its media defenders. Nobody posts a screed online about having a private equity plan and improving health care access before they slaughter innocents.

Amen

PostPosted: Wed August 07, 2019 3:48 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Rob wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

Amen

The El Paso shooter mentioned improved healthcare access in his manifesto, but that's besides the point. I think he and the Fox motuhpieces are redirecting anyway from the specifics of the most recent event to mass shootings at the national level, which are less white (black men have a higher per capita mass shooting rate the other demographics) and rarely politically motivated by or related to white supremacy in order to pacify groups that may be like "are we the baddies?"

PostPosted: Wed August 07, 2019 5:09 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bi_3 wrote:
Rob wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

Amen

The El Paso shooter mentioned improved healthcare access in his manifesto, but that's besides the point.

“Democrats intend to use open borders, free healthcare for illegals, citizenship and more to enact a political coup by importing and then legalizing millions of new voters.” You got me there.

PostPosted: Wed August 07, 2019 7:21 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

McParadigm wrote:

PostPosted: Thu August 08, 2019 3:00 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Thu August 08, 2019 3:04 am 
mXn

McParadigm wrote:

I see stuff like this and it makes me equal parts pissed and heartbroken.

But what can I really do from here in Seattle, honestly? I have a family and a job of my own and a mortgage to pay. I feel bad but what can I do about it?

PostPosted: Thu August 08, 2019 3:14 am 
Production Police

Bammer wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

But what can I really do from here in Seattle, honestly? I have a family and a job of my own and a mortgage to pay. I feel bad but what can I do about it?

Sell your drum kit and give some portion of the proceeds to a great org.

PostPosted: Thu August 08, 2019 6:09 am 
mXn

tragabigzanda wrote:
Bammer wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

This will sound like a cop out or cynical or whatever - who do you trust with your donation money? Seattle has pumped MILLION$ into ineffective “solutions” for our homeless problem and it only gets worse.

PostPosted: Thu August 08, 2019 10:08 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Bammer wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Bammer wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

This will sound like a cop out or cynical or whatever - who do you trust with your donation money? Seattle has pumped MILLION$ into ineffective “solutions” for our homeless problem and it only gets worse.

Well, definitely not the City of Seattle, they'd do a very poor job helping kids in Mississippi.

PostPosted: Thu August 08, 2019 1:13 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Quote:
A 41-year-old Detroit man deported to Iraq in June died Tuesday, according to the American Civil Liberties Union and two people close to the man’s family.

The man, Jimmy Aldaoud, spent most of his life in the U.S., but was swept up in President Donald Trump’s intensified immigration enforcement efforts.

Edward Bajoka, an immigration attorney who described himself as close to Aldaoud’s family, wrote on Facebook that the death appeared to be linked to the man’s inability to obtain insulin in Baghdad to treat his diabetes. Aldaoud was an Iraqi national, but he was born in Greece and came to the U.S. as a young child, his family friend said. He had never lived in Iraq and did not speak Arabic, according to Bajoka.

PostPosted: Thu August 08, 2019 1:49 pm 
Major Dude

McParadigm wrote:
Quote:
A 41-year-old Detroit man deported to Iraq in June died Tuesday, according to the American Civil Liberties Union and two people close to the man’s family.

The man, Jimmy Aldaoud, spent most of his life in the U.S., but was swept up in President Donald Trump’s intensified immigration enforcement efforts.

Edward Bajoka, an immigration attorney who described himself as close to Aldaoud’s family, wrote on Facebook that the death appeared to be linked to the man’s inability to obtain insulin in Baghdad to treat his diabetes. Aldaoud was an Iraqi national, but he was born in Greece and came to the U.S. as a young child, his family friend said. He had never lived in Iraq and did not speak Arabic, according to Bajoka.

Score one for Trump.

PostPosted: Thu August 08, 2019 2:17 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

wease wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Quote:

Score one for Trump.

PostPosted: Thu August 08, 2019 4:07 pm 
Major Dude

Simple Torture wrote:
wease wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Quote:

Score one for Trump.

Make America Great Again!

PostPosted: Thu August 08, 2019 4:13 pm 
mXn

B wrote:
Bammer wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Bammer wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

Well, definitely not the City of Seattle, they'd do a very poor job helping kids in Mississippi.

What I’m asking is: Who do you donate to?

PostPosted: Thu August 08, 2019 4:45 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

quite the oped

PostPosted: Thu August 08, 2019 7:26 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Op ed is newsie speak for opposite editorial apparently. An outside resources opinion piece placed across from the newspapers own editors.

The more you know.

PostPosted: Thu August 08, 2019 8:16 pm 
Poster of the Year

dimejinky99 wrote:
Op ed is newsie speak for opposite editorial apparently. An outside resources opinion piece placed across from the newspapers own editors.

The more you know.

you really just learned this?

PostPosted: Thu August 08, 2019 8:19 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

cutuphalfdead wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

The more you know.

you really just learned this?

shhhh, Pete

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 863, 864, 865, 866, 867, 868, 869 ... 1307  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate